NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jbarretta said:

Quote today said he will get 15 to 25 touches per game.  Even with poor efficiency he is a good bet for double digits td's  

I think he has some upside relative to 3rd/4th round ADP 

Shhhh let everyone keep hating him so guys like me and you can get him in the 4th/5th

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability and situation - it's one of the best in the league.

They are doubting his ability to stay on the field...

It's a gamble! Ugh...sucks we didn't really get to see what we got last year, because they managed his workload so much.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability and situation - it's one of the best in the league.

They are doubting his ability to stay on the field...

It's a gamble! Ugh...sucks we didn't really get to see what we got last year, because they managed his workload so much.

This is what it comes down to for me. I love his situation, and I think Gurley is still an extremely talented RB. But, there's already been word of him limping in TC this year, and the arthritis in his knee is not something that will go away. I just question if he'll be able to stay on the field, and handle 15-25 touches every game. 

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The answer is no. 15 maybe but 25? Zero chance. 

I can see 25 in a game or two, but average of 18-19 touches seems legit, give him 18 touches a game that’s high rb2 potentially low rb 1 numbers in a stacked offense where he’s going to have A LOT more room to run from the offensive line upgrade, qb and WR upgrades too.

hes easy bet over bell and DJ, dj is cooked and bell is on the worst offensive team in the league basically and playing the bills and pats defensive lines 4 times this year, gurley going to puts pressure those 2 with ease.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I've got Gurley in the third tier (feels criminal): CEH/Sanders/A. Jones/Chubb/Gurley/Jacobs/Mixon. Tempted to move him up a couple slots but afraid to do so.

I got Jacobs definitely above Aron Jones and Chubb , no way Jones replicates his TDs with Aron Rodgers pissed about being unappreciated he’s going to throw a ton and Jamal Williams healthy, and that rookie rob making some noise as well.

chubb was outscored by hunt in ppr and half ppr leagues once he returned.

not touching this turd...especially after how freeman was used last year....the worst was when they got in the 5 they would bring in the back up and let him run the ball in lmao with a banged up knee gurley i would bet on this type of treatment

15 minutes ago, Brye said:

I got Jacobs definitely above Aron Jones and Chubb , no way Jones replicates his TDs with Aron Rodgers pissed about being unappreciated he’s going to throw a ton and Jamal Williams healthy, and that rookie rob making some noise as well.

chubb was outscored by hunt in ppr and half ppr leagues once he returned.

That's fair. The big thing for Jones with me is the offense and situation he's in, largely due to Rodgers. You just know that Rodgers will keep them in games and that they're likely to always be in the playoff mix. Jones just seems like the right kind of candidate to me to turn it on at just the right time on Lambeau's frozen tundra for the stretch run into the fantasy playoffs. And Rodgers does involve him in the passing game, too. Overall, I put a lot of stock into the total team situation when it comes to ranking my starting RBs.

Jacobs, I really like as a player (owned him last year), but there's just more uncertainty there regarding the offense he's in and his role in it. I know they talk about getting him more involved in the passing game, but after seeing him get subbed out for entire series all of last season, it's a thing that I'll believe when I see it. And here, again, I consider the total situation and just have much less confidence in the Raiders making noise this year.

When it comes to Chubb, I'm well aware of the threat of Hunt, but he is a three-down back with a good O-line and in a situation with talent around him. Also, he's young and does not incur considerable injury risk.

The only reason I don't have Gurley at the top of this tier is basically due to concerns about his long-term availability. I'm really averse to to that kind of risk in the first few rounds.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

If he can stay healthy, I think he returns high end RB2 numbers at worst. But his health is a big question mark. I’m trying to shy away from guys like him, even though he could be a league winner. 

His style would fit the Atlanta offense very well. Plenty of scoring opportunities with them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, affliction said:

I’m starting to think he will be a steal. He has a lot of motivation to prove to people he isn’t washed. 

I agree.

The way I look at it is that the guys I seem to be choosing from in my drafts when I'm thinking about Gurley are Gurley, Conner and Carson.  And all 3 of those guys have injury and durability questions.

I keep finding myself taking Gurley.  To me he looked peeved a lot last year that he wasn't in the game and I think he'll be playing with some fire this year back in Georgia.

He may not have a long career but the dude is only 26.  I think he's got one more big year in him this year.

• Like 1

In a Rams fan, die hard. I can tell you TG is done, that knee does not get better. He may have 2-3 games of 20 carries in him and then it’s going to flare up and be hobbled all season. What you saw last year is a good example of what to expect this year. 

Edited by Klientel
3 minutes ago, Klientel said:

In a Rams fan, die hard. I can tell you TG is done, that knee does not get better. He may have 2-3 games of 20 carries in him and then it’s going to flare up and be hobbled all season. What you saw last year is a good example of what to expect this year. 

I doubt it.  He's gonna put in work for the dirty birds and outperform any back the rams throw out there.

I can’t imagine any diehard Rams fans or Falcons fans drafting Gurley. Or really any NFC West or NFC South fan drafting him. 

I don’t think this will end well. Guy barely passes the team physical. Didn’t pass the eye test at all last season. 

I would seriously consider cuffing him. Though I don’t know if that would be Hill or Ito 

5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I can’t imagine any diehard Rams fans or Falcons fans drafting Gurley. Or really any NFC West or NFC South fan drafting him. 

I don’t think this will end well. Guy barely passes the team physical. Didn’t pass the eye test at all last season. 

I would seriously consider cuffing him. Though I don’t know if that would be Hill or Ito 

His coaches don't seem concerned

Gurley will be fine this year.  He looked fine last year, it was just his oline was terrible and  the entire Rams offense struggled.  Also, the report has been promising so far... he has looked fast and light in training camp.  I will gladly take contract-year-80%-Gurley getting 15-25 touches on Falcons offense in the early-third round all day.

• Like 1

Handcuff with Hill. He is cheaper than CMC and Kamara. He hasn't just arrived like Fournette. This division will have fireworks. You'll want a piece of it. If there's any juice left, he's being undervalued. And even if he's the same as last year, that's 14 TDs and 1000 total yards. If he's worse... Freeman was a top 20 back. Only way this ends in disaster is if he's put on IR. Which is why Hill is a requirement. 

• Like 1

Feel bad for the people that take David Johnson, Bell, Melvin Gordon, Mark Ingram over this cat.  Taking any of those rbs over gurley is going to come back to bite you.  Gurley is 100% getting more touches than last year with the falcons, here’s why below

1. signed a 1 year prove it deal for 5 mil with the falcons

2.  Wouldent have signed if he wasn’t going to get a considerably better workload than with the rams last year.

falcons offensive line is way better than the rams, offense is way better than the rams, and Gurley back home 🏡.  Let the gurley owners celebrate 🎉 b4 the season starts, as we are all very blessed to have him on our teams as he leads us to some ships this year!!!!

Not sure how to feel about his volume, that knee injury scares the hell out of me. Got him at the top of the 4th as my rb4 though lol. I'm hoping he starts off hot then I can trade him for a top end wr1 before the wheels fall off

Edited by scheibler