NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

He was graded bottom of the barrel as a receiver last year aswell. Looks no different this yr. The worst type of player to own. Nobody wants to trade for him, you don't want to drop him, but you'll never feel good starting him...

• Like 3
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

Gordon looked really well in comparison.

Experts were predicting a tough D line of steelers (that held Barkley) to hold Melvin Gordon. But he was running crazy. If it was not for a negative game script he would have done very well.

9 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

The work is there I'm not concerned yet 

what's concerning is that they were staked to a huge lead, and that's where Gurley was supposed to earn his coin. 

but they still moved away from him far too often ... and he has done nothing in the passing game thus far (1 reception in 2 games).

we were told he was scripted out week 1 ... fine, that was baked into his adp - we all knew what we were in for in that respect.

but he couldn't close the deal yesterday ... couldn't eat clock, failed to move the chains ... and this was not exactly a stout defense he faced. 

yeah, "work" is there - but very diminished returns. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

what's concerning is that they were staked to a huge lead, and that's where Gurley was supposed to earn his coin. 

but they still moved away from him far too often ... and he has done nothing in the passing game thus far (1 reception in 2 games).

we were told he was scripted out week 1 ... fine, that was baked into his adp - we all knew what we were in for in that respect.

but he couldn't close the deal yesterday ... couldn't eat clock, failed to move the chains ... and this was exactly a stout defense he faced. 

yeah, "work" is there - but very diminished returns. 

Gurley isnt returning to what he once was. He showed why LA got rid of him in his inability to be explosive and catch the ball. Ryan is playing great football, dallas got a little lucky yesterday, but you have to be worried when he isnt being put in even if the game script is there for him 

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Gurley isnt returning to what he once was. He showed why LA got rid of him in his inability to be explosive and catch the ball. Ryan is playing great football, dallas got a little lucky yesterday, but you have to be worried when he isnt being put in even if the game script is there for him 

He wasn't exactly given 5 -7 targets so...but I agree he doesn't look the same so far, but he can still be productive if they scheme him right.  Falcons HC is questionable imo.

Just now, RingMyBell said:

He wasn't exactly given 5 -7 targets so...but I agree he doesn't look the same so far, but he can still be productive if they scheme him right.  Falcons HC is questionable imo.

Im not sure youd be saying that if ATL beat dallas. Because they had the game in the bag in the 1st half but let Dak get going. 

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not sure youd be saying that if ATL beat dallas. Because they had the game in the bag in the 1st half but let Dak get going. 

In their first game Gurley was getting massive gains early, then game script changed so I dunno, not sure if it's all on him.

Just now, RingMyBell said:

In their first game Gurley was getting massive gains early, then game script changed so I dunno, not sure if it's all on him.

That was also against Seattle their defense isnt exactly stout. He played Dallas with almost 3 ypc, ATL must be thinking they need to see if the next man up can outproduce him because all the WRs are eating right now and the running game is the only thing limiting this offense right now

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

That was also against Seattle their defense isnt exactly stout. He played Dallas with almost 3 ypc, ATL must be thinking they need to see if the next man up can outproduce him because all the WRs are eating right now and the running game is the only thing limiting this offense right now

Or they may wanna run the ball and keep their defense off the field 

Let’s try the opposite of point chasing:

Every unthinking “expert” looks at last week: he didn’t get passing game usage, that He hasn’t broken a tackle, had a crap game despite good game script, and that he didn’t get goal line. And predicting virtually the same line:

As a result, here’s his week 3 prediction:

120 combined yards, 2 TDs.

Book it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How are the bears defensively this season, especially against the run?

There won’t be Julio, so I’d expect more running, although it could also mean more stacked boxes. Falcons are due for a bounce back.

If he doesn’t have a solid game here i will be worried. But there is no need to come to conclusions after a couple games.