NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

yikes... wish I read this thread before making lineup decisions (would've started Gaskin instead). I took Gurley at the 2/3 turn with the 1st overall pick (CMC lol), but I highly doubt  he'll return anywhere near that value if the gloom and doom in this thread is accurate!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

I can't get him for much. I don't know if I'd take Boyd. I don't know enough about Boyd. What concerns me is only 8 targets in a game where Burrow threw 60+. But I guess there's upside. Depends on your roster construction. The thing about Gurley is he has this stretch from Week 5 to Week 8 where it's cupcake after cupcake. BUT the Cowboys aren't world-beaters and we just saw how that went. Not feeling great about having Gurley. ..

34 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

what kind of trade value are you guys getting for gurley right now? i was just offered tyler Boyd for him. I'm not trying to sell right now hanging on for hopefull upside 

take that offer before the other dood sobers up ✌

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I can't get him for much. I don't know if I'd take Boyd. I don't know enough about Boyd. What concerns me is only 8 targets in a game where Burrow threw 60+. But I guess there's upside. Depends on your roster construction. The thing about Gurley is he has this stretch from Week 5 to Week 8 where it's cupcake after cupcake. BUT the Cowboys aren't world-beaters and we just saw how that went. Not feeling great about having Gurley. ..

Falcons are dumb. Just trade him and be done with it. Todd Gurley is worthless as long as Dan Quinn is head coach and Dirk Koetter is the OC.

38 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

what kind of trade value are you guys getting for gurley right now? i was just offered tyler Boyd for him. I'm not trying to sell right now hanging on for hopefull upside 

Nothing above an 8th round pick. Basically untradeable. 

I'm trying to find it, but I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that he didn't break any tackles last weekend.  Zero.  THAT is a big problem.

I don't remember where I saw it...I'm honestly trying to dig it up.  If anyone else can confirm that, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by kp96
26 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I'm trying to find it, but I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that he didn't break any tackles last weekend.  Zero.  THAT is a big problem.

I don't remember where I saw it...I'm honestly trying to dig it up.  If anyone else can confirm that, I'd appreciate it.

If the splits located here are to be believed, not only do they confirm what you saw, but also shows that he hasn't broken any tackles in either game: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=10147

Edited by JCDaly
32 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

What's your prediction on how this trade ends? I'm open to your elaboration.

Well for 1st the falcons are trash this year because their defense is sooo bad.  But their offense is very good, he’s been getting 19-20 touches a game so far this season.-and in scoring position.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Is Dirk Koetter still calling the plays? If yes, then no. 

I'm not sure why the thread is so negative. People picking out broken tackles through 2 games? The Falcons (as usual) blew a huge lead. Sure they aren't going to run the ball 50 times a game when they have the weapons they do and most of Gurley's carries were just clock killing. There's no way to get a rhythm going when this is a pass first team. IMO he didn't look "horrible" week 1. He hit the holes when they were there which wasn't very often. 

The eye exam tells me Gurley is ok. If anything he's a buy low with some good match ups coming up. If you're telling me I could get the starting RB on a team that scores 30+ points every game, I'm all in. Unfortunately the stats Gurley will have are closer to the 60 yds total and maybe a score. And almost always will be set up by 90 yard bombs to Ridley that don't finish in the end zone. But anything within the 5, Gurley will be the one finishing the drive. Also Ito looks like the backup to own. Brian Hill didn't exactly wow me at all, looks way worse than anything Gurley did and at least Gurley has terrific pass block skills. 

Today against the Bears should really give you the barometer for what Gurley's season should look like. You had week 1 where the game got away and had to play catch up. Week 2 when they were ahead and Koetter kept calling stupid play action fakes to Gurley to set up downfield (even when they were up?). I'd think in a tigher closer game where the pass game could struggle, you should see more Gurley. If he can't break tackles and doesn't pass the "eye" exam despite whatever the final stats look like then yeah, time to pull the plug because the mileage on the legs is only going to get worse as the season goes on. Just keep in mind, this offensive line is terrible at run blocking. 

• Thanks 1

to the above:

1) he couldn't finish the deal last week, they were staked out to a yuuuuuge lead, and Gurley plodded his azz to palookaville. no burst, no shiftiness.  

2) it's not like Dallas stacked the box to stop him, either - you don't force all your attention to this yoke when you have Julio/Riddler/Gage/Hurst to account for.  there is baked in space, he just can't exploit it.  also factor in Vander Esch and Lee both out last week - Dallas is far from a stout run D. 

3) Hill and Ito were both mixing in down inside the 5 ... it was not TG's personal playground - that is VERY alarming.

4) thru two games: ONE RECEPTION FOR ONE YARD.

'nufced

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

to the above:

1) he couldn't finish the deal last week, they were staked out to a yuuuuuge lead, and Gurley plodded his azz to palookaville. no burst, no shiftiness.  

2) it's not like Dallas stacked the box to stop him, either - you don't force all your attention to this yoke when you have Julio/Riddler/Gage/Hurst to account for.  there is baked in space, he just can't exploit it.  also factor in Vander Esch and Lee both out last week - Dallas is far from a stout run D. 

3) Hill and Ito were both mixing in down inside the 5 ... it was not TG's personal playground - that is VERY alarming.

4) thru two games: ONE RECEPTION FOR ONE YARD.

'nufced

I fumbled the ball and drafted him in a dynasty startup. We live and we learn.

Cement shoes Gurley is on his last leg.

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I fumbled the ball and drafted him in a dynasty startup. We live and we learn.

Cement shoes Gurley is on his last leg.

hell, they'd be better off with ol' man AP - that sumbee can still explode and accelerate thru the slivers the line opens up. 

it came down to DJ or TG for me ... i whiffed - DJ at least looks like there's some spring left - Gurley is an albatross of the highest order - hope he pops a few in today so i can fedex his azz out my rooster. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cody_ODea said:

He actually didn't get the goal line work last week and wasn't even targeted once. Zero broken tackles is a concern. I could easily be wrong but Todd looks slow and extremely average. 

Recency bias to the extreme on the GL.

He’s still relatively fast and has had no good Oline play since 2018. That broken tackle stat is concerning but also not a great predictor of accuracy after only 2 games.

Dont ever trade away RB volume - esp in this market - unless you have to. 

Edited by Magoo
2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Recency bias to the extreme on the GL.

He’s still relatively fast and has had no good Oline play since 2018. That broken tackle stat is concerning but also not a great predictor of accuracy after only 2 games.

Dont ever trade away RB volume - esp in this market - unless you have to. 

You make good points. I just felt in my gut that Cam, the dude with 5 top-4 fantasy finishes at QB, is back to form, and Gurly will never be the guy he used to be. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

I have Gurley on the bench today in favor or Joshua Kelley and Mike Davis... Think I’m making the right call with a pretty stout Bears D against the run and Gurley not being involved at all so far in the passing game. 

did the same thing in 1 league in favor of Joshua Kelly but in another im forced to start him.

hopefully the falcons have some sort of balance today especially with Julio possibly out. and can we get some GL carries today?!

In the unlikely event that Gurley has a good game today, it might be wise to trade him away to one of the dimmer team managers in your league.  Gurley still has the big name and cachet, but his metrics and the eye test have shown that he is very unlikely to have many more.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

In the unlikely event that Gurley has a good game today, it might be wise to trade him away to one of the dimmer team managers in your league.  Gurley still has the big name and cachet, but his metrics and the eye test have shown that he is very unlikely to have many more.

This week was the right time to Buy Low on Gurley.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1