NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Cody_ODea said:

You make good points. I just felt in my gut that Cam, the dude with 5 top-4 fantasy finishes at QB, is back to form, and Gurly will never be the guy he used to be. 

I hear you and Cam looks amazing. I’ve just learned to never mess with RB depth over the years. You can never have enough early in the season.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

In the unlikely event that Gurley has a good game today, it might be wise to trade him away to one of the dimmer team managers in your league.  Gurley still has the big name and cachet, but his metrics and the eye test have shown that he is very unlikely to have many more.

This is in line with the current narrative so I’d argue the dumber team manager is the one that has (like most) already concluded he’s shot and has no value.

Everyone hates Gurley to the point that his name now is actually detracting from his current value.

Edited by Magoo
9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

This is in line with the current narrative so I’d argue the dumber team manager is the one that has (like most) already concluded he’s shot and has no value.

Everyone hates Gurley to the point that his name now is actually detracting from his current value.

Correction: the dumbest team managers are those who selected Gurley using a high (4th or above) pick to acquire him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Correction: the dumbest team managers are those who selected Gurley using a high (4th or above) pick to acquire him.

That I agree with. Esp with where David Johnson and Mostert were going 

Julio out. He’ll need a TD at least but this is definitely a Gurley splash game if there were one.

If he pops, then I’d double down that he does well the next few weeks too. Given his playoff schedule, midseason will be the perfect time to try to trade him assuming he can string a few weeks together.

Edited by Magoo
  • Haha 1

No one is going to give up a fair price for him after one game because the market won't take him seriously given his first two games and career trajectory.  One game can and will be written off as a fluke since he's a shell of himself relatively speaking of course.  Plus whomever you offer him to will automatically think you are trying to sell high since you are.  On the other hand, if he puts up another performance like this (particularly with a good YPC) then you should get good offers because all of a sudden the market will start taking him seriously again at least as a reliable volume driven RB2.  

And I still don't think you should sell high just because or to try to capitalize on the value out of fear he will tank again because there is no reason to think that as long as he gets volume.  The reasons to sell him imo are 1) Brutal playoff schedule 2)You are convinced he'll get hurt again  3) you aren't thin at RB and 4) You have a huge need at another position.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

No one is going to give up a fair price for him after one game because the market won't take him seriously given his first two games and career trajectory.  One game can and will be written off as a fluke since he's a shell of himself relatively speaking of course.  Plus whomever you offer him to will automatically think you are trying to sell high since you are.  On the other hand, if he puts up another performance like this (particularly with a good YPC) then you should get good offers because all of a sudden the market will start taking him seriously again at least as a reliable volume driven RB2.  

And I still don't think you should sell high just because or to try to capitalize on the value out of fear he will tank again because there is no reason to think that as long as he gets volume.  The reasons to sell him imo are 1) Brutal playoff schedule 2)You are convinced he'll get hurt again  3) you aren't thin at RB and 4) You have a huge need at another position.

Lol dude gurley put up 80 against a tough bears D against the run WITHOUT Julio, he’s the clear cut lead rb on a high scoring octane team, sorry but they should be in a lot of game this year as all were very close.  

id rather have gurley than a bunch of rbs right now.  Johnson is the one that looks washed too be honest.  Hell frank gore looks better than johnson.  Gurley will have a lot of tds for most running backs, especially the rb2 backs 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Brye said:

Lol dude gurley put up 80 against a tough bears D against the run WITHOUT Julio, he’s the clear cut lead rb on a high scoring octane team, sorry but they should be in a lot of game this year as all were very close.  

id rather have gurley than a bunch of rbs right now.  Johnson is the one that looks washed too be honest.  Hell frank gore looks better than johnson.  Gurley will have a lot of tds for most running backs, especially the rb2 backs 

My post was strictly about trade value.  I personally agree with you and think he's solid RB2 for both steady volume and TD upside.  But his trade value remains overly suppressed especially when compared to the reality (what you said). And to be fair he's still got those knees and not a ton of upside.  I don't blame people for wanting to sell - - I just think now is a bad time to try to do it.

Edited by Magoo
1 minute ago, Magoo said:

My post was strictly about trade value.  I personally agree with you and think he's solid RB2 for both steady volume and TD upside.  But his trade value remains overly suppressed especially because of the reality (what you said). And to be fair he's still got those knees and not a ton of upside.  I don't blame people for wanting to sell - - I just think now is a bad time to try to do it.

Yeah the best indicator to me is he gets his on average through 3 games 19 touches a game.  Add in the fact that the falcons love being in the red zone just something about them always being at the 10 yard line , gurley has plenty of opportunities.

david Johnson gets 14 touches A game that 5 less than gurley in a horrible offense.

He's getting 15+ touches a game on an offense that's scoring 30 ppg. If there's one thing he can still do it's score. He's basically the same as last year but less involved in the passing game which is a bummer. 1000 yds and 10 TDs is still achievable. That's RB2-ish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yall can’t see the writing on the wall, your so starved for Fantasy production you may not have realized Falcons just got psychologically broken as a team today. THEY ARE DONE. 

I predict this team will blow up fairly soon. Coach will get fired, Julio may get traded for draft picks,etc.  idk if that will improve Gurly’s situation, but from reading this form you would think the falcons were back on track 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Yall can’t see the writing on the wall, your so starved for Fantasy production you may not have realized Falcons just got psychologically broken as a team today. THEY ARE DONE. 

I predict this team will blow up fairly soon. Coach will get fired, Julio may get traded for draft picks,etc.  idk if that will improve Gurly’s situation, but from reading this form you would think the falcons were back on track 😂 

“Idk if that will improve gurleys situation”

nice insight, if you don’t know than what exactly are you going on about? This isn’t a Falcons outlook thread 

• Like 1

People forget that he’s on a 1 year deal, he’s n a show me year the falcons could care less about gurley getting hurt as they won’t be able to resign him and they have to lockup Ridley long term.  They going to run gurley until the wheels fall off , but low window is way past