NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Yall can’t see the writing on the wall, your so starved for Fantasy production you may not have realized Falcons just got psychologically broken as a team today. THEY ARE DONE. 

I predict this team will blow up fairly soon. Coach will get fired, Julio may get traded for draft picks,etc.  idk if that will improve Gurly’s situation, but from reading this form you would think the falcons were back on track 😂 

Lol what does that even mean? They are going to bench or trade Gurley? Psychologically broken?

It’s the Falcons dude

spacer.png

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

Falcons are built to win now.  They could and probably should be 3-0.

Instead they are losing games in downright Riversian fashion.  So the danger is Blank decides to clean house, fire the coach, and trade all the players who are not in the long term plan.

Gurley very unlikely to be part of the long-term plan.

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Falcons are built to win now.  They could and probably should be 3-0.

Instead they are losing games in downright Riversian fashion.  So the danger is Blank decides to clean house, fire the coach, and trade all the players who are not in the long term plan.

Gurley very unlikely to be part of the long-term plan.

Sure he's not in the long term plans but 1) He's on a 1 year deal; 2) Who would trade for him?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Yall can’t see the writing on the wall, your so starved for Fantasy production you may not have realized Falcons just got psychologically broken as a team today. THEY ARE DONE. 

I predict this team will blow up fairly soon. Coach will get fired, Julio may get traded for draft picks,etc.  idk if that will improve Gurly’s situation, but from reading this form you would think the falcons were back on track 😂 

That is a big overreaction. Im sure they are disappointed to be an 0-3 specially since they blew back to back games. With that being said they could easily be 2-1 tied for 1st in the division. Brady and Brees both faded last year as the season went on so the Falcons still have a chance. 

After the packers game their schedule gets easy for a stretch with games against the panthers twice, lions, Vikings, and broncos. 

Julio was signed last season why would they trade him so quickly?  They started last year 1-7. Did they blow the team up then?

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that the Falcons are going to blow it up when they have yet to play any divisional games, especially with the Saints sitting at 1-2; the Bucs at 2-1. Dan Quinn is for sure on the hot seat (as he should be), and he will be gone before they even think about trading away key pieces like Julio or Ryan. Dan Quinn being fired is more likely than not a plus for Gurley, as the ATL run game has been putrid under his tenure.

• Like 1

Ryan is not going anywhere.  But the CS and maybe even the FO and some high-priced guys could be gone.  Blank is pretty patient, though, so any big moves would likely be made after the season.

Red-zone machine. He looks slow, obviously, but can still break a tackle and looks alright when he's getting to the outside. If he stays healthy ... could rack up a lot of TDs this year.

Edited by LongBalls
21 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Sell! Two weeks in a row of points with crappy efficiency. When everyone buys back in...then boom you’ll get legit offers. 

This is exactly why Gurley cannot be sold. If the majority is in the groupthink that Gurley is a sell high candidate, who the hell would be paying the "extortbitant" price? 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

This is exactly why Gurley cannot be sold. If the majority is in the groupthink that Gurley is a sell high candidate, who the hell would be paying the "extortbitant" price? 

You’ve got it backwards. What I’m saying is NOT groupthink and that’s why it’s finally a potential sell high. It was two weeks ago and last week that no one would touch him. Now they will. 

Exorbitant price? Of course not.

Something of value? Yes, finally. 

That’s my point and has been for weeks now. 

3 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Honestly if he is your rb3, don't sell him. You are in great shape considering his easy strength of schedule the rest of the year. Sure he might be td dependent.

This year depth is more important then ever. You never know when you might have to fill him in to replace derrick henry in week 4. In my case, I was down by almost 20 points and he lead me to a come from behind win. I won by 2 points.

Just now, Magoo said:

You’ve got it backwards. What I’m saying is NOT groupthink and that’s why it’s finally a potential sell high. It was two weeks ago and last week that no one would touch him. Now they will. 

Exorbitant price? Of course not.

Something of value? Yes, finally. 

That’s my point and has been for weeks now. 

That is your assumption. No one knows the league you play in... In yours, he might be valued. In others???

Do you know how many blanket statements ive seen to sell Gurley on social media? Based on that alone, good luck trying to get equal value for him. More likely, you have to aim a step lower to sell him.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

That is your assumption. No one knows the league you play in... In yours, he might be valued. In others???

Do you know how many blanket statements ive seen to sell Gurley on social media? Based on that alone, good luck trying to get equal value for him. More likely, you have to aim a step lower to sell him.

Don’t disagree. Many people have said they can’t sell him for anything. Now you can imo.

He's on pace for what I thought he'd do rushing: around 1,000-1,050 rushing yards and 12-14 TD's.

It's the receiving game that is the real head scratcher. It's like the Rams last year and the Falcons this year want nothing to do with Gurley for receiving work. I can't figure out why. Are Brian Hill and Ito Smith really that much better than Gurley receiving? 

Edited by MurderInc
9 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

He's on pace for what I thought he'd do rushing: around 1,000-1,050 rushing yards and 12-14 TD's.

It's the receiving game that is the real head scratcher. It's like the Rams last year and the Falcons this year want nothing to do with Gurley for receiving work. I can't figure out why. Are Brian Hill and Ito Smith really that much better than Gurley receiving? 

Because Gurley cant catch consistently, and isnt explosive like he used to be. His knees are the issue and will possibly lead to this being more of a RBBC if hill continues to play well. Gurley really screwed up his lower body, why else would he have been kept out of the super bowl in the most important game of his career. The rams figured out that he was washed when henderson was performing a similar lvl down the stretch

Just now, MurderInc said:

But what if Gurley gets stem cell injections directly into his left knee.

Currently, no way in hell he is a top 5 rb without the yardage ... Cant bank on 2 TDs game every week imho

11 hours ago, MurderInc said:

I believe I heard or read that he graded out as the worst or one of the worst among RBs in pass receiving in 2019. 

I’d probably hold. This is exactly what he was last year, just a TD machine. It’s not pretty, it makes your nervous, and he’ll definitely have some down weeks. Looks like a top 20 RB to me though, and those don’t grow on trees. 

• Like 1