NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

The decision to "Sell" would depend on your league settings If your league values yards heavily with bonus points and points for 40yd plays then sell him. If your league values TD heavily, then he is a keeper

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Fantastic game. 14 rushes/121 rushing yards/1TD, 4 receptions / 29 receiving yards. 

Amazing efficiency at 8.6YPC. I was also happy to see his passing game usage go up. 

Wish they got the win, so this blueprint continues.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

In the unlikely event that Gurley has a good game today, it might be wise to trade him away to one of the dimmer team managers in your league.  Gurley still has the big name and cachet, but his metrics and the eye test have shown that he is very unlikely to have many more.

Boy, you were thoroughly and completely wrong about Gurley.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Boy, you were thoroughly and completely wrong about Gurley.

Gurley has put up excellent stats while running in molasses for the past two weeks with the entire Falcon offense on the shelf, and the Falcons are 0-5.

Some especially credulous fantasy team managers such as yourself may be lulled into believing the mirage.

Last sell high opportunity.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gurley has put up excellent stats while running in molasses for the past two weeks with the entire Falcon offense on the shelf, and the Falcons are 0-5.

Some especially credulous fantasy team managers such as yourself may be lulled into believing the mirage.

You wanna give winning lottery numbers too since you know so much?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

[...] 

He has a great schedule the ROS but he has lost a step and I'm concerned he may not be healthy all season. 

Glad he blew up these last 2 weeks.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Thanks 1

Should just go ahead and shorten his name to Td Gurley.  That’s all the guy knows how to do, score.  I’ll take a guy who has an hof caliber knack of finding the end zone, even if he’s a bit slower.

for those selling high, what exactly are you going for?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Should just go ahead and shorten his name to Td Gurley.  That’s all the guy knows how to do, score.  I’ll take a guy who has an hof caliber knack of finding the end zone, even if he’s a bit slower.

Exactly.  He is just a TD machine.  Even in his down year last yr he found the end zone a lot.

49 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

One guy above sold for Newton. I hope he is playing in super flex/ 2 QB leagues.... cuz RBs are dropping like flies...

Some other poster said he got Golladay for Gurley.

2 hours ago, MetsSox said:

I traded Gurley for Swift in a multi keeper league. I needed young depth at the RB position.

Perfectly executed.  My congratulations.

He has been productive fantasy wise all season outside of one game no matter how u look at it ,and for some reason all you read and see is negativity and people talking like he’s the worst player ever and just trade him ASAP for anything you can get blah blah blah yet he’s ranked around the 10th highest scoring RB in fantasy🤔 ..... yet you see all this silly hype and excuses and Blue optimism for these other dudes who Aren’t even producing like he is. Makes no sense to me  

18 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

He has been productive fantasy wise all season outside of one game no matter how u look at it ,and for some reason all you read and see is negativity and people talking like he’s the worst player ever and just trade him ASAP for anything you can get blah blah blah yet he’s ranked around the 10th highest scoring RB in fantasy🤔 ..... yet you see all this silly hype and excuses and Blue optimism for these other dudes who Aren’t even producing like he is. Makes no sense to me  

While I agree that he has been productive I think the one thing that worries people is the probability for injury due to age and health of his knees. The other thing is the regression of production. That said, his current rushing output is higher than last season although his receptions are way down. 

The one positive that should help this week is that the Falcons also get Julio back to pull some attention away from the LOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Gurley is just a TD machine. He was PRK #10 in standard and PRK #13 in 1/2 pt ppr before this week.

It's time for the haters to accept the fact that Gurley is a low end RB1 or high end RB2 at worst and will be for the ROS barring injury. 

• Like 3
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic