NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, Klientel said:

He made an idiotic play that cost them the game but was great for fantasy owners....

But this is a lost season for the Falcons so I doubt they try to punish him for the loss.

Falcons def had multiple chances to make plays and didnt, it ain't all on TG4hunnid.

• Like 2
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Falcons def had multiple chances to make plays and didnt, it ain't all on TG4hunnid.

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Edited by CallMeBDB
  • Like 6
5 hours ago, CallMeBDB said:

With 12 minutes left in the 4th. 

Context matters.

If they pulled that on the final drive it would be beyond comprehensible, but not quite as bad with that much time left.

One of the best Fantasy players of 2020. 

- From the jump, his ADP was a steal. Great value for a high-end RB2 / low-end RB1. One of the best 3rd round picks you could have made.

- All he's done is live up to the billing of being a high-end RB2 / low-end RB1.

Stud.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Why would he not score there? It's a lost season. 

Fantasy owners > Falcons

I guarantee you after you nodded and told Matty Ice he wouldn't score this was going through his head

Agree.  I mean, this is an elite athlete...maybe not by NFL standards, but by regular human being standards.  He absolutely could have not scored if he wanted to.  The only explanation can be that he wants to be an RB1 in the next Rotoworld ROS rankings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure how others feel but I’m somewhat impressed by the fantasy numbers he’s putting up since week 1. He really hasn’t disappointed at all and is cashing in on every opportunity he gets. The schedule gets tougher later on but as of right now, he’s been solid. 

Sold this guy off, rough schedule coming up - Broncos, Saints x2, Bucs during the 2nd round of the playoffs. I also can't imagine in a game scenario where they'll be able to pound the ball week 16 vs the Chiefs. Of the 9 weeks left in the fantasy schedule, he has 4 bad matchups and 1 bye. He will probably manhandle my Panthers tonight once again tho, which I used in my sales pitch lol

Edited by johnwallin
6 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

been trying to sell, but no luck. nobody in the league wants him. doubt that will be changing with a good game this weekend. gl to those trying to sell.

This weekend? More like 10 minutes. 

Man this guy is the definition of TD dependent, at least he is great at finding the end zone. 

I think selling is smart, at some point the TD’s are going to slow down and his floor will be really low. Also he has a bye coming up in a couple weeks. I’m also not a fan of owning veteran guys on bad teams, easily could get shut down. Reason why I am not targeting Julio in any leagues. Once that guy gets a little bit dinged up around week 10 or later, they will just shut him down.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Man this guy is the definition of TD dependent, at least he is great at finding the end zone. 

I think selling is smart, at some point the TD’s are going to slow down and his floor will be really low. Also he has a bye coming up in a couple weeks. I’m also not a fan of owning veteran guys on bad teams, easily could get shut down. Reason why I am not targeting Julio in any leagues. Once that guy gets a little bit dinged up around week 10 or later, they will just shut him down.

We've been trying to sell for a while. The window might be still open since RB's are a dumpster fire at the moment. 

Watching this guy play now is sad vs what he used to be. He can't make any shifty cuts or break many tackles anymore. It's a shame. But he still has good burst and acceleration if the holes are opened up.

He's still a RB2 asset, but feels like the Montgomery type where you're going to get points but they are going to be messy. 

• Like 2

He has become the type of player who can really only get the yards that his offensive line makes for him. He isn’t making people miss and he isn’t running past guys.

Its funny because the Falcons love having over the hill guys and they usually settle in as RB1’s. Michael Turner, Stephen Jackson and how Gurley.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I think selling is smart

Yes of course. In a lot of these threads there is always plenty of pushback by the huge fans of whatever thread you are in. If you scroll up, selling is pretty much the consensus in this case by everyone here. Shows you these people watch football lol. He is definitely a guy you should be rolling out there as long as he keeps scoring, no doubt about it. It's just so hard to imagine him making it through 2 more years or so. I can not believe what he was, what he now is and that he is only  26 years old. It's crazy.

I cannot recall seeing a running back who looks so horrible and makes so many mental errors on the field, and yet scores 1 or 2 touchdowns every week.

Good luck selling him.  It is plain as day that this guy is cooked.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

He has become the type of player who can really only get the yards that his offensive line makes for him. He isn’t making people miss and he isn’t running past guys.

Its funny because the Falcons love having over the hill guys and they usually settle in as RB1’s. Michael Turner, Stephen Jackson and how Gurley.

Lol, Michael Turner wasn’t over the hill. He was 26 when they signed him, and he had all of 228 carries on his resume. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Lol, Michael Turner wasn’t over the hill. He was 26 when they signed him, and he had all of 228 carries on his resume. 

Yep...sat behind LT and Lorenzo Neal was the fullback. Darren Sproles too. That was one impressive backfield. Maybe the best of all time really when you consider what Turner and Sproles ended up doing elsewhere along with one of the all time greats and one of the better FB's of his era.

• Like 1