NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Better to be lucky than good. I’m sick

and tired of this bozo balling out despite the fact he sucks.

If you call Gurley's performance from last night "balling out,' we have different definitions of the term.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Watching this guy play now is sad vs what he used to be. He can't make any shifty cuts or break many tackles anymore. It's a shame. But he still has good burst and acceleration if the holes are opened up.

This is exactly how I felt watching the game last night.  He used to be so dominant but his body just can’t do what it used to.  I totally understand running backs who make noise for big contracts.  The career of a bell cow back is too short not to. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I totally understand running backs who make noise for big contracts.  The career of a bell cow back is too short not to. 

.... so you should also understand why teams are hesitant to do so, amirite?

six of one, half dozen of the other 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Still useful for fantasy purposes but very sad to see him hobbling around last night basically playing on knees that are completely shot.  Still remember his epic 2018 season.

He's basically a straight line runner now with little to no agility left.

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... so you should also understand why teams are hesitant to do so, amirite?

six of one, half dozen of the other 🤷‍♂️

No doubt.  If I was a pro bowl running back on a rookie contract I’d be looking to get paid.  And if I was that running back’s GM I’d be trying to pay him as little as possible because I know he could be toast with one bad hit.  See both sides here. 

And apologies for derailing the Gurley thread 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you call Gurley's performance from last night "balling out,' we have different definitions of the term.

With the general tone of his post I almost think he had to have meant "bailing us out". The other way doesn't really make sense lol

The only way I see trading Gurley is if you package him with a better player (the main piece of whatever trade you plan on). I'd only trade if I'm getting an upgrade at RB or someone coming into a role or back off IR (Edmonds/Chubbs) etc. If you're willing to trade him, you have to look at him as just a throw in for someone to be willing to bite the bait. With the upcoming schedule, lack of explosiveness, and hopefully the rest of your league mates aren't that dumb, you have to oversell to get rid of him especially with rotoworlds latest blurb attached to him stating what real owners knew about him the whole time. 

Thank you to the community of "fantasy analysts" who have been loudly calling this guy a "sell high" since before the season even began. That has certainly helped his value.

At this point you won't get fair value, so just enjoy the ride.

Edited by LongBalls
12 minutes ago, dayvidhong said:

now that gurley's stretch of rb friendly games is over, how do we feel about him ros? 

Over? 

gave up on trying to sell, most are aware of the risk and won't be willing to trade fair value. Stuck with him for the time being, one could argue that TG owner should pick up BH as a backup plan, but your league type/settings & current team composition would determine if that is a wise decision to stable a backup while wasting a roster spot.

i've been trying to sell for a while now. [...] not sure what [...] exactly gurley's market is right now. I just dont see him keeping this up since all his points are based on TDs. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

i've been trying to sell for a while now. [...] not sure what [...] exactly gurley's market is right now. I just dont see him keeping this up since all his points are based on TDs. 

Problem is all the pundits are telling everyone that he is a sell high.  With that in mind, folks aren’t willing to buy at a fair price.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.So us Gurley guys are really going to celebrating after this 2 TD episode coming up.  Ha to the nays

Edited by Bugs bunny
10 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Ok.So us Gurley guys are really going to celebrating after this 2 TD episode coming up.  Ha to the nays

^this.  Gurley has bad games against good opportunities and great games against bad opportunities....he has bad games against bad opportunities and great games against great opportunities...

...I'm going to keep playing him and enjoy the fact that when the Falcons offense is humming and gets within the five yard line....TG is punching it in.  (hopefully)

• Like 1

to add to my point above....we are talking like the Falcons offense needs Gurley to carry some sort of load.  He really doesn't.  And we are also talking like we need Gurley to put up 100+ running yards to be relevant....which he really doesn't.  He has been a consistent TD and low yard runner for two years now....that is his schtick.