NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Garoppolo 2020 Outlook

51 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I would bench Garoppolo for now and only start him if I didn't have a decent 3rd bench qb option.  Without Kittle and Deebo Samuel, I think they're mostly going to lean on the run.

In my league the wire is bare, below is the only starting QBs available. 

Darnold

Fitz

Haskins 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tevin Coleman is a non factor, Mckinnon hasnt even played for the 49ers yet (when was the last time he actually took a snap?) Breida seems like he cant stay on the field either.   Mostert is

This is exactly what happens when you try to show how cool you are by not throwing to the best tight end in football. Nice work Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I picked this dude up for Rodgers’ bye, but now I’m worried he’ll take some time to get back even if he is starting.

What are everyone’s thoughts for Jimmy this week?

He's against the Dolphins so that helps. Kittle is healthy so he can target him 20 times, that helps. Low yardage and a TD or two would be my guess.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nickmo said:

He's against the Dolphins so that helps. Kittle is healthy so he can target him 20 times, that helps. Low yardage and a TD or two would be my guess.

You’re right. He’ll probably finish around 12-16 overall this week. Ben probably has higher upside this week.

Clearly wasn't ready.  Niners Oline is really struggling with pass protection and Jimmy wasnt able to evade and drive off that back foot.  Might be a yearlong problem since the o line is built to mash in the run game.  With the D struggling those PA passes will be less effective.  Hopefully, he gets that power back and is able to get some quick hitters to Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk who can all run after the catch.  This might slow down the blitz and allow for some deep shots.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

Clearly wasn't ready.  Niners Oline is really struggling with pass protection and Jimmy wasnt able to evade and drive off that back foot.  Might be a yearlong problem since the o line is built to mash in the run game.  With the D struggling those PA passes will be less effective.  Hopefully, he gets that power back and is able to get some quick hitters to Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk who can all run after the catch.  This might slow down the blitz and allow for some deep shots.  

You like '92 Jeets cards?

This dude is getting paid $26M this year.  That's obviously cheap for a starting QB in this league, but I'd say that SF isn't getting their money's worth.  When his contract expires in 2 years, he's going to turn into Mark Sanchez.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy G looked a lot better last game and showed that he's still capable of blow-up games similar to last year.  I would bench him this week vs. NE but he should be useful in the coming weeks for teams that need qb help.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, sjm76 said:

Jimmy G looked a lot better last game and showed that he's still capable of blow-up games similar to last year.  I would bench him this week vs. NE but he should be useful in the coming weeks for teams that need qb help.

Hoping it starts with Seattle this week although he only had one td against them in their two games last season.I dropped $5 to add him and as of now starting him over Brees at Chicago.I've owned Brees enough to know that I'd rather not start him outside on grass and his match-up with the Bears only adds to that.The way Seattle has been hemorrhaging points to QB's I'm hoping it'll be $5 well spent.

10 hours ago, nk2333 said:

Streaming him this week.  Pickings are slim.  Should be a shootout in Seattle.  They'll be in position for a few scores.  Hopefully he'll pass for them. 

Deebo Samuel is out but hopefully the other guys like Kittle and Brandon Aiyuk can step up.  SF should be chasing points for most of the game.

man, the SeaHags are just so terrible in the secondary ... on pace to have an historically bad year vs the pass. 

but Jamal Adams may be returning this week ... that certainly can't hurt 🤷‍♂️

JG is set up for success here, tho - no denying that. 

1 hour ago, kdpat15 said:

how do we feel about JG today? this could be a blow up spot with the horrendous Seahawk pass D

I wish I could say I'm starting him with full confidence but I am starting him over Brees.I can see Shanahan having a heavy run plan to limit Wilson and company possessions.I went back and looked at last season's games and Jimmy G only had 1 td total although the scores were totals of 47 and 51.Granted as you stated the Seattle pass D is horrendous this season and based on my FF history with Brees outside on grass,I'm going with Jimmy G.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Going with him over Cousins for my Kyler bye week replacement.

Yeah I am thinking about the same move. The winds in GB are not cool, really curbs the point chasing/garbage time appeal.

6 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

I wish Carr was available in mine I would have played him over Jimmy

Carr is there too, but the winds in CLE might be even worse than GB...

Gonna hold my nose and hope Jimmy is ready to sling it today.