NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rotoworld Forums MOCK #5

Message added by tonycpsu

If you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

Hey everyone, I’ve spoken with @tonycpsu and he said if we can coordinate it he would set up another mock for us. 

I think it’ll be interesting to do particularly for those that haven’t drafted yet like myself. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t join if you haven’t already drafted. If you would like to take part in it the first 11 people who post in here will be chosen. 

As far as the format I would like to try one for H2H with OBP and saves+holds, 1C, 5 OF, CI, MI, 9 P spots and a 6 man bench. If there are objections to the format we can discuss as we fill up the mock. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C - Wilson Ramos 1B - Jose Abreu 2B - Kevin Newman 3B - Alex Bregman SS - Trea Turner OF - Charlie Blackmon, Giancarlo Stanton, Michael Brantley, Bryan Reynolds UTL - Bo

My crew: C Omar Narvaez  1B Matt Olson  2B Gleyber Torres  3B Justin Turner  SS Adalberto Mondesi  OF Kris Bryant  OF Trey Mancini  OF Oscar Mercado  OF Ma

C - Sean Murphy 1B - Paul Goldschmidt 2B - Gavin Lux 3B - Mike Moustakas SS - Tim Anderson OF - Mike Trout, Luis Robert, David Dahl, Gregory Polanco UTL - Yordan Alvarez,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

@Cheppy you’re in. So far we’ve got just 5 people. 

Awesome! I’m assuming Roto is the host site? (never drafted on here before)

In regards to the format I’m all about OBP and H2H.  But for offense instead of having 5 outfielders why not do it like a real team where you include every infield position, 3 outfielders and 1 Utility. I feel that lends itself to more strategizing.

17 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Awesome! I’m assuming Roto is the host site? (never drafted on here before)

In regards to the format I’m all about OBP and H2H.  But for offense instead of having 5 outfielders why not do it like a real team where you include every infield position, 3 outfielders and 1 Utility. I feel that lends itself to more strategizing.

We use Fantrax for the draft site and it’s worked well. In terms of the roster construction I’m fine with that but let’s wait and see what everyone thinks once we have a full draft room. 

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

We use Fantrax for the draft site and it’s worked well. In terms of the roster construction I’m fine with that but let’s wait and see what everyone thinks once we have a full draft room. 

Sounds good.. Do I have to join the site to draft or do you simply just need a draft room number or password to take part?

3 hours ago, Cheppy said:

Sounds good.. Do I have to join the site to draft or do you simply just need a draft room number or password to take part?

I don’t remember exactly but when we have everyone Tony will set it up and send the link. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

12 team 3 OF seems pretty shallow. Personally I'd prefer C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/5OF/U 5SP/2P/2RP, but I'll take anything to pass the time. 

Yeah I kind of prefer this too. At the very least I think I’d want 4 OF. 

13 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Maybe a 10 team mock?

I'll tag some of the regulars in this thread at some point today but I figured I'd give a shot to those who were active on here. I'm not sure how many people are still checking this forum regularly at this point. 

I'd probably do another one, but I've already been in 2.  So, fill it with people who haven't had a chance yet first.

I'd prefer a bit more shallow roster personally (no MI, or CI, 3 OF, and please just 1 C), but set it up however you'd like.

I've got no problem with people who have done more than one mock joining this one. So far there are 8 of us that have shown interest. I'm fine doing no MI and no CI spots but if we did that I'd like to settle on no fewer than 4 OF. Also only one catcher is my preference as well. Here's who is in as of now. 

Myself 

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I've got no problem with people who have done more than one mock joining this one. So far there are 8 of us that have shown interest. I'm fine doing no MI and no CI spots but if we did that I'd like to settle on no fewer than 4 OF. Also only one catcher is my preference as well. Here's who is in as of now. 

Myself 

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

That’s a happy medium. And I’m completely fine too with people joining who have done a bunch of these on here already. I actually encourage seasoned members to take part cause with the late start of the season (🤞 ) you have to adjust how you Draft with all the players that are on the mend being ready to go opening day now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rotocious said:

If you guys need someone else I can draft.  If someone else wants the spot give it to them.

After you're added to the list we still need 3 more so if you want to you can join. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Myself 

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

Adding @Rotocious and @jfazz23 to the list. That's 10. Just two more. 

• Like 1