NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Forums MOCK #5

BostonCajun

Message added by tonycpsu

If you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, MSkibisky said:

So I sat this mock out due to being in almost all of the previous ones, but if this is turning into a league, I would hate to miss out. If anyone doesn't want to run with the league idea, I'd be happy to take a team over.

I have always wanted to start a super type re-draft league tier divisions with guys that frequent this forum going, but it seem nobody was open to that type of game. All are welcome 

This year is a big disappointment and playing in any fantasy baseball league that isn’t a keeper or a league that had the draft before COVID isn’t something I want to do. Doing a draft now just doesn’t feel right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, BostonCajun said:

For now I’m changing the format to where each team will have 10 matchups each week. If anyone is opposed to this just let me know. So far a few have been down for it but nobody has been opposed. 

Could you explain how that works? I’ve only ever done Yahoo head to head leagues

On 7/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, Cheppy said:

Could you explain how that works? I’ve only ever done Yahoo head to head leagues

If you look at the matchups on the league page or in the app it shows that you’re facing 10 opponents this week. It totals up the categories you won as points for and the categories you lost as points against. Then it based the standings off of that. The one thing I’m unsure of is it almost seems as if it takes these totals daily rather than the final weekly H2H scores which is not how I originally understood it to be. 

• 7 months later...

@evillaw4eva @Dark Kn19ht @meh2 @Members_Only_76 @2ndCitySox @Mdubb23 @Cheppy @JE7HorseGod @6Kill @mavsfan23 @89Topps

Do you guys want to renew the league? I’d like to but was wondering if someone else would want to take over as commissioner. I started a new job that interferes with my fantasy baseball time haha. 

15 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

@evillaw4eva @Dark Kn19ht @meh2 @Members_Only_76 @2ndCitySox @Mdubb23 @Cheppy @JE7HorseGod @6Kill @mavsfan23 @89Topps

Do you guys want to renew the league? I’d like to but was wondering if someone else would want to take over as commissioner. I started a new job that interferes with my fantasy baseball time haha. 

👀

Thank you for the invite again but I’m gonna pass. I’m a 1 league kind of guy and mine needs my undivided attention.

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me though. I’m in a 12 team Yahoo league. If we have it so 6 teams make the playoffs is it a default setting where the #1 and #2 seeds receive a bye in the first week? 

• Like 1

No worries man. I have always done just one league and it’s been with the same crew for going on 14 years so I put all my efforts into that. I’ve never really been good at juggling multiple leagues for fantasy baseball. 

I’m not certain about the default but that sounds about right with yahoo. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:11 PM, BostonCajun said:

Thanks for the offer, but like Cheppy, I'm a one league guy (and I also run it). 

31 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

No problem guys. Sounds like it’ll be tough to keep this going. It was fun. I’m down for another mock draft if anyone wants to do that to prep for their leagues. 

I'd be up for another mock, but not for renewing the league. Didnt feel like I kept up with it as much as I should've last year. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, BostonCajun said:

Wait, did we actually play that league out?  I completely forgot about it once COVID shut everything down. My bad.

Was this the draft I took grief over drafting Tatis over Arenado? 😄

I'm down for another slow mock though.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, mavsfan23 said:

I'd be up for another mock, but not for renewing the league. Didnt feel like I kept up with it as much as I should've last year. 

Ditto that

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll set it up on Fantrax if we get 12 confirmed participants.  We usually start with 12-team standard 5x5 with 1C since that's the most common format across the major providers, but if people want to do OBP or points or whatever and can recruit enough people, we could run two simultaneously.