NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Forums MOCK #5

BostonCajun

Message added by tonycpsu

If you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

10 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Scrap the MI and CI, add an extra Util spot? 4OF 1C

I like that idea. So 1C, no MI, no CI, 4OF 2 util? Everyone cool with that? I also would like to do OBP and Saves+Holds if everyone is down. We havent done one with saves+holds yet. 

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

Even without MI and CI? I'd prefer having either the MI/CI or two util spots, or it's pretty shallow for infielders.  

Ideally I’d just want 3 outfielders and 1 Utility with simply counting the 5 infield positions.

17 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Ideally I’d just want 3 outfielders and 1 Utility with simply counting the 5 infield positions.

Cheppy wants an all-star team haha.

That would mean guys like EE, McMahon, Seager, Chapman, and a ton of good OF's going undrafted. There's no "correct" settings, and I've stated my opinion, but I'm down for whatever we choose. I'm curious to see who the lower guys are, that are gaining steam during the delay. The deeper we go, the more info we get on values imo. 

23 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Cheppy wants an all-star team haha.

That would mean guys like EE, McMahon, Seager, Chapman, and a ton of good OF's going undrafted. There's no "correct" settings, and I've stated my opinion, but I'm down for whatever we choose. I'm curious to see who the lower guys are, that are gaining steam during the delay. The deeper we go, the more info we get on values imo. 

None of those players would get drafted as bench players? I find that hard to believe. Truth be told I’m adaptable. 

Alright we've got our 12 listed below.  

Myself

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

@Rotocious

@jfazz23

@meh2

@evillaw4eva

So the format, unless anyone objects, is a H2H league with OBP instead of Ave and saves+holds instead of saves. 

As far as roster construction a couple people prefer more shallow rosters with no MI or CI, only 3 OF and 1 Util while a couple others prefer the deeper rosters with the MI, CI and 5 OF. That being said here's what I propose to try and meet in the middle and get this things started as quickly as possible. 

1C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4 OF, 2 Util, 9 P spots and 6 bench. 

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

Myself

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

@Rotocious

@jfazz23

@meh2

@evillaw4eva

So the format, unless anyone objects, is a H2H league with OBP instead of Ave and saves+holds instead of saves. 

As far as roster construction a couple people prefer more shallow rosters with no MI or CI, only 3 OF and 1 Util while a couple others prefer the deeper rosters with the MI, CI and 5 OF. That being said here's what I propose to try and meet in the middle and get this things started as quickly as possible. 

im gonna step out of this one.  someone jump in as my replacement b4 draft starts

thanks

18 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

I’m fine with those settings. As far when to do it. It’d have to be nighttime for me. Preferably at 8 or 8:30 eastern standard.

It's a slow draft where everyone has 8 hours to make their but obviously if you can help it don't take that long to make your pick. We still need one more. 

10 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

It's a slow draft where everyone has 8 hours to make their but obviously if you can help it don't take that long to make your pick. We still need one more. 

Oh wow ok. That’ll be a little different than the 30 seconds to make a pick I’m used to.

15 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Myself

@mavsfan23

@BackyardBaseball

@6Kill

@Cheppy

@Mdubb23

@Members_Only_76

@89Topps

@Rotocious

@jfazz23

@meh2

@evillaw4eva

That looks great.  Thanks for setting it up.