NBC Sports Edge Forums

Your favorite player. All-time.

Why not? We have no new baseball so let's reminisce. 

My favorite player of all time is Kirk Gibson. While I am a Sox fan, i did grow up in LA. And my love for baseball was starting to blossom in 1988. 

So why Gibson? I loved his hustle, his energy, his grit, and his ability to be clutch. He was the player i most emulated playing ball with my friends, ESPECIALLY after he showed Eck what time it was in Game 1 of the 88 series.

So, who's your guy? 

51uvWdhFyTL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Philip Humber  Because I got to see him throw a perfect game on my bachelor party against the Mariners after being drunk and calling him a loser in bullpen warmups.  Dude shoved it right down my

The most exciting player I’ve ever watched.

Kevin Gausman 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Did you guys see Topps is releasing a set of new cards but in the old school 70's format?

They do the Topps Heritage each year and they’re awesome (psst I started a Cards Thread in Off Topic. Got back in collecting with my son). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Grew up watching Piazza but I saw David Wright’s entire career. I teared up during his last speech after his last game. Those are my two favorite. My three favorite non Mets players are Barry bonds, Mariano Rivera, and Chipper Jones 

• Like 1