Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:


How did Barclay or CMC stock go from $10 to $150 this season?

 

SB was done for the season, what, week 3? And CMC has played 3 total games and is now “going for a second opinion” on his shoulder. 
 

If you want $150 for either of these guys I’ll send you my PayPal address. 
 

Like I said earlier, sure I’d still draft these guys but not at the ADP price that’s probably necessary to get them. 
 

Barclay is on one of the worst teams in the league behind a bad O line with a monster workload and CMC has had Massive workloads and is breaking down the way several scouts thought he would with this kind of usage. 
 

Full disclosure: yes I am full of sour grapes right now after carrying CMC all season and turning down numerous fair trade offers only to get 1 game out of CMC in return. The fact remains that they either scale back his usage and his ADP falls accordingly or I’m not taking that chance. 

Not this season. Over his career. You said you stayed away from CMC when he entered the league because you didn't think he'd hold up.  Now he gets hurt years later, after being a durable superstar over several seasons, and you act like it vindicates you. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 


well the good news is he could come back for the first round of the playoffs, put up 40 points and get injured in the same game. That’s how this season has been going so far

problem is, do most of us with him rostered have enough juice to even make the playoffs?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Not this season. Over his career. You said you stayed away from CMC when he entered the league because you didn't think he'd hold up.  Now he gets hurt years later, after being a durable superstar over several seasons, and you act like it vindicates you. 


 

I see, no, maybe I wasn’t clear in my earlier post. I avoided S Barkley the last 2 years because of TD potential on a bad offense, O line and injury concerns. I did not have those concerns about CMC this year. I do for next year though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

A lot of bad takes in this thread, and on this forum in general.

If serious, this is towards the top.

 

He had 403 touches and a 93% snap share in 2019. We have most definitely seen his peak and at this point the burden is on CMC to prove he can stay healthy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalvin Cook - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Aaron Jones- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

James Conner- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Saquon Barkley- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

CMC- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Nick Chubb - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Austin Ekeler - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

...

Maybe, just maybe, it's the position, not the player. As I've been saying for years, IGNORE injury concerns for RB and draft talent. All of these guys are huge injury risks. That's the nature of the position, not an indictment on guys who get hurt.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Dalvin Cook - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Aaron Jones- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

James Conner- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Saquon Barkley- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

CMC- Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Nick Chubb - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

Austin Ekeler - Bum, can't stay healthy. 

...

Maybe, just maybe, it's the position, not the player. As I've been saying for years, IGNORE injury concerns for RB and draft talent. All of these guys are huge injury risks. That's the nature of the position, not an indictment on guys who get hurt.

 

Frank Gore, running since 1950.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like even a return next week isn't completely out of the question. If he does miss week 11, you'd probably figure there's a chance they just sit him in week 12 as well with the bye coming the week after that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

What does fair value look like for him in your opinion?

 

WR1 & RB1***....RB1 & RB2....RB1 & WR2... WR1 & RB2 & RB2/WR2.....dont settle for anything less....he wins you a league when healthy

 

***THE IDEAL TRADE

Edited by Power-O
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Sounds like even a return next week isn't completely out of the question. If he does miss week 11, you'd probably figure there's a chance they just sit him in week 12 as well with the bye coming the week after that. 

Yeah I cant see him playing before week 14. If it's a 2-4 week injury I cant see him playing week 12 with them having a bye right after. Either back next week or week 14. Fully expecting the latter

Edited by vthokie3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yeah I cant see him playing before week 14. If it's a 2-4 week injury I cant see him playing week 12 with them having a bye right after. Either back next week or week 14. Fully expecting the latter

This makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

 

Frank Gore, running since 1950.

Gore missed multiple games due to injury in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I guarantee you people were saying he was too injury prone to be trusted in 2011. We know the rest of the story. Same as the rest of the guys I listed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Breesus said:

CMC is so competitive and wants to play so bad, I really don’t expect a shut down for the season is in the cards

Don't think Carolina cares if he wants to play. It's a lost season and he is there stud RB. Why risk his health? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who dealt with Dalvin Cook's constant trying to play through this injury last year and watching him getting knocked out mid game a few times when he got hit the wrong way and re-aggrivated it, trust me, you want McCaffrey to sit until he's 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't think Carolina cares if he wants to play. It's a lost season and he is there stud RB. Why risk his health? 

Well the coach said he doesn't think its season ending so leaning that way plus by all reports is a 2-4 week recovery time for most

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...