NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

Just now, vthokie3 said:

Well the coach said he doesn't think its season ending so leaning that way plus by all reports is a 2-4 week recovery time for most

Yeah. I know. But if it's looking longer, and maybe he could come back week 15-17, my guess is they just shut him down. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't think Carolina cares if he wants to play. It's a lost season and he is there stud RB. Why risk his health? 

I get the premise, but it’s not like he’s playing with a partially torn ligament or something. If it’s a few week injury then he’s healthy he will play. I’ve never understood the thought process of since they paid a player a lot of money, if they aren’t making the playoffs they should just sit the player until next year. He’s getting payed big money to perform and he wants or perform. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 4
34 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I get the premise, but it’s not like he’s playing with a partially torn ligament or something. If it’s a few week injury then he’s healthy he will play. I’ve never understood the thought process of since they paid a player a lot of money, if they aren’t making the playoffs they should just sit the player until next year. He’s getting payed big money to perform and he wants or perform. 

This. Also, the NFL is a business and will always continue to prioritize revenue (thanks captain obvious). Players health is always a concern but it’s not the whole picture. There is a non trivial amount of short term money to be made by the Panthers and the NFL if CMC plays this year. He is a major draw for fans, advertising revenue, merch sales, he has sponsorships that he wants to renew I’m sure, etc. 

It’s not just about playoffs or bust when teams are managing a players value year to year. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Yeah. I know. But if it's looking longer, and maybe he could come back week 15-17, my guess is they just shut him down. 

I'd tend to lean this way as well. And let's be realistic, there's no question if it got to weeks 15-17 there's no question they SHOULD shut him down. 

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

Are any of you still planning to hold onto CMC or actively to move him?

Think it depends on owners'record s tbh. If a CMC owner need wins desperately it makes sense to move him if they can get a decent return. If they're sitting in a good slot for playoffs record wise I'd say it's worth holding

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd tend to lean this way as well. And let's be realistic, there's no question if it got to weeks 15-17 there's no question they SHOULD shut him down. 

If he is fully healed by that point, it's just as easy to ask why shouldn't he play. As Hops mentioned, he draws interest when he plays, even if it's at a point where the Panthers are out of playoff contention. CMC doesn't strike me as the type who would sit games when he's not injured and will have a full offseason to get healthy if he does get hurt.

Otherwise, as soon as any team was out of playoff contention they would just sit all of their starters.

Edited by rigadoog
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Let's goo

Finally some good news. Guys, as much as it has royally sucked not having CMC for so much of the season, I always try to look at it like a glass half full vs half empty. It could always be worse. I just hope that we have him during the playoffs when it counts the most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this might be the time to get off this cat.

If you could flip him for someone like Henry, or Aaron Jones, as examples, would you do it?

I think it'd be damn hard to turn them down right now.

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Finally some good news. Guys, as much as it has royally sucked not having CMC for so much of the season, I always try to look at it like a glass half full vs half empty. It could always be worse. I just hope that we have him during the playoffs when it counts the most.

Exactly. Just going he's good to go for the playoffs

Just now, fjthegrey said:

If you could flip him for someone like Henry, or Aaron Jones, as examples, would you do it?

I could see the argument, as CMC will at minimum miss two weeks (this week and week 13 bye)

5 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

I don't see the Henry or Jones owners taking on that risk. Perhaps a low tier RB1 like Sanders, Mixon, Jacobs, etc. But no way a top 5 RB. 

16 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

I don't see the Henry or Jones owners taking on that risk. Perhaps a low tier RB1 like Sanders, Mixon, Jacobs, etc. But no way a top 5 RB. 

Yeah, I suspect you'd need to kick something else into the mix.

Worth a try though. That Henry playoff run looks like the one to me.

45 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

I was just thinking about this myself. Henry is coming off a bad game and has another tough matchup this week, you might be able to do a 1 for 1.

3 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

I’m not giving up either of those guys for CMC at this point, personally. 

30 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m not giving up either of those guys for CMC at this point, personally. 

Me either.

If CMC is anywhere near healthy he is a tier ahead of Henry (who is generally thought to be better than Jones).

Henry get about one TD a game on average.  If you're inside 5 yards or so, Henry is probably getting you a TD, but outside that the TD has a good chance of going to a receiver since he is essentially absent from the passing game.  Jones gets you a little more than a TD a game (he has several receiving TDs), but he doesn't see the volume that Henry does.

CMC has the volume and the receiving ability to stretch his TD range and it shows.  He had 5 TDs in the 3 games he played this year.  Yes, that's a small sample size, but does anyone really think this is particularly unusual production for CMC?  In PPR it's even more in CMC's favor.

I'd rather take the risk of CMC missing games than risk coming up against him in the playoff and getting owned because I traded him away.  I have a decent enough team, that I think I can win it all without him, but if he plays against me I do not like my chances.

If I'm contending, I probably trade any RB for CMC right now, other than maybe Cook/Kamara. You play to win the game. If you can add CMC for any other RB, you are giving yourself a better chance to win it all. 

2 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Yeah, I just got this same notification, too. It'll probably be after the Panther's bye week when we see him again. Hope all CMC owners have Mike Davis, even though he struggled yesterday. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I just got this same notification, too. It'll probably be after the Panther's bye week when we see him again. Hope all CMC owners have Mike Davis, even though he struggled yesterday. 

Matt Rhule RULES at lying, that's for sure...we can only hope for fantasy playoffs CMC at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1