• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

How worried are the other Cmac owners at this point that he just gets shut down? If Teddy also can't go (and even if he can) and they lose the next couple to the Lions and Vikings.. then what is even the point of bringing the guy back?

Ugh just hope he will at least play in time for the fantasy playoffs :(

• Like 1
4 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

How worried are the other Cmac owners at this point that he just gets shut down? If Teddy also can't go (and even if he can) and they lose the next couple to the Lions and Vikings.. then what is even the point of bringing the guy back?

Count me in as worried....I don't see any reason they bring him back after the bye if they're out of playoff contention. As long as he isn't placed on IR again, there is hope.

6 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Count me in as worried....I don't see any reason they bring him back after the bye if they're out of playoff contention. As long as he isn't placed on IR again, there is hope.

Teams dont bench healthy players just because they're out of playoff contention. If he's cleared by doctors he'll play. If he's not recovered fully he won't.

Does their record make it unlikely they'll be aggressive with his timeline? Of course. That being said its supposedly a 2-4 week timeframe and week 14 after the bye would fit that timeline

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

I'm not worried.  Would it be nice to have him on my team now?  Of course, but luckily I do not need him to make the playoffs.  I fully expect him to be back after the BYE where he should give a big boost to my playoff chances.

All signs point to this being a relatively minor injury, but given their situation, they are not in a rush to get him back.  If they were in contention, I think that there is a decent chance he'd play this week.  When he is healthy he will play, and he should be healthy before the end of the season.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Teams dont bench healthy players just because they're out of playoff contention. If he's cleared by doctors he'll play. If he's not recovered fully he won't.

Does their record make it unlikely they'll be aggressive with his timeline? Of course. That being said its supposedly a 2-4 week timeframe and week 14 after the bye would fit that timeline

Dang 2-4 weeks? Where did you hear this?

4 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

This.

it’s not just a question of the fact that they are paying him what they are.

He’s, I assume, a team leader and won’t set that sort of example.

More so, what does it do for team morale when they stash CMC but ask the rest of the team to go out there and compete? Seems like a great way for a new coach to lose the locker room by playing favorites and setting double standards.

I don’t see an NFL team being run this way.

When he’s cleared, CMC will play.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

This team might finish 4-12 at best.  They’d be idiots to put more wear and tear on him in meaningless games.  His season’s over.  

They're not meaningless to CMC or the coaching staff or the other 52 players on the roster or even their fans. By this logic, every team with a poor record and no hope for the playoffs should just start benching their best players to keep them from getting "wear and tear". Sounds like a fantasy tanking mentality rather than an NFL mentality. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Dang 2-4 weeks? Where did you hear this?

I'll try to find a source, but I've read a few times that AC sprains tend to be 2-4 weeks. Drew Lock had one earlier this year

Edited by vthokie3
Typo
19 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

He is probably out until after the bye. Thats week 14. Panthers most likely have 3 or 4 wins by then. I can see both arguments as to shutting him down or letting him play last 4 games. Barkley and him are busts of the year!

If you are a team that drafted him, and hit on a waiver pickup like James Robinson or later pick like Swift, Gibson, Hunt, etc... CMC didn’t ruin your season and you can likely be in a good position for the playoffs. If he comes back healthy for the playoffs, averages 25-30 a game like we all know he can, he will help a lot of drafters win a championship. 

That is far from a bust in my eyes. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

He is probably out until after the bye. Thats week 14. Panthers most likely have 3 or 4 wins by then. I can see both arguments as to shutting him down or letting him play last 4 games. Barkley and him are busts of the year!

If CMC is healthy, there is no way he's going to allow the coaching staff to IR him and keep him out ROS. I just don't see it. That dude is a maniacal competitor. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

That is far from a bust in my eyes. 

It's also entirely hypothetical.

Based on the reality of right now, he's been a bust.

Still gotta keep on believing it'll come round though.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

If CMC is healthy, there is no way he's going to allow the coaching staff to IR him and keep him out ROS. I just don't see it. That dude is a maniacal competitor. 

He skipped his last career college game (the bowl game) in a pragmatic calculation ahead of the draft.  He's capable of being a rational actor.  This is a lost season for Carolina.  They are 3-7.  Being a "maniacal competitor" didn't get him on the field for his bowl game when he was 100%.  There's no need for him to rush back to play throwaway games in Week 14-17 either.

The "he won't allow the coaching staff" to hold him out argument comes up every year on these boards.  (David Johnson a few years back was a favorite of mine.)  The player doesn't make the decision.  And that gives the player cover to claim he wanted to play, keep up the warrior image, etc.  But they know.  McCaffrey is no dummy.

As of a week ago, I believed the Carolina coaching staff and thought McCaffrey was legitimately only out one week with this injury.  But these rumblings now make me think it's unlikely he plays again this year.

29 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He skipped his last career college game (the bowl game) in a pragmatic calculation ahead of the draft.  He's capable of being a rational actor.  This is a lost season for Carolina.  They are 3-7.  Being a "maniacal competitor" didn't get him on the field for his bowl game when he was 100%.  There's no need for him to rush back to play throwaway games in Week 14-17 either.

The "he won't allow the coaching staff" to hold him out argument comes up every year on these boards.  (David Johnson a few years back was a favorite of mine.)  The player doesn't make the decision.  And that gives the player cover to claim he wanted to play, keep up the warrior image, etc.  But they know.  McCaffrey is no dummy.

As of a week ago, I believed the Carolina coaching staff and thought McCaffrey was legitimately only out one week with this injury.  But these rumblings now make me think it's unlikely he plays again this year.

See my post above. That guy works for the team

55 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

You disagree...that's cool. We'll see what happens. Skipping his final bowl game doesn't mean he's not a competitor...it meant he was prepping for the NFL combine and the NFL draft and his pro day instead of a bowl game he wasn't getting paid to play. 

But again, with that line of thinking, why doesn't every losing team with no hope for the playoffs just sit their injured and banged up players? Why risk it, right? 

• Like 1

I'm done with all this will he or will he not play again this season. It's all speculation, all we can hope for is he comes back for the fantasy playoffs. No sense going back and forth on something nobody has a clue about.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

You disagree...that's cool. We'll see what happens. Skipping his final bowl game doesn't mean he's not a competitor...it meant he was prepping for the NFL combine and the NFL draft and his pro day instead of a bowl game he wasn't getting paid to play. 

But again, with that line of thinking, why doesn't every losing team with no hope for the playoffs just sit their injured and banged up players? Why risk it, right? 

Agreed. Playing in the NFL is his job, playing in College is only under-the-counter money and no contract to p l a y the g a m e