NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

I guarantee if healthy he plays. These coaches and executives need wins to build resumes and keep their jobs. Piling up losses does not help for them short or long term. Plus these guys didnt get where they are without being competitors. Same for CMC.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Cherkins said:

This talk of shutting down players has got to be a psycological play. Since when do coaches/gms/owners do such a thing. Can anyone give any examples of this happening in the past with details? 

Can't think of example but it has happened.  Usually not week 14 thought so we should all be ok.  Thing people don't understand is unless you have won a playoff game or superbowl.  Most coaches aren't guaranteed anything.  So sitting your top players when your still trying to win games just doesn't happen often.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 33legend said:

I guarantee if healthy he plays. These coaches and executives need wins to build resumes and keep their jobs. Piling up losses does not help for them short or long term. Plus these guys didnt get where they are without being competitors. Same for CMC.

This is how I see it also.  If a player is healthy, no reason in the world does it benefits a team to shut them down with 4 games still to play. 

Players want to play. They are competitors. They have incentives. If word gets out teams prevent healthy players from playing the true competitors will sign elsewhere. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Players Association would take issue with that.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BornandbredHeel said:

This was from May...

LOL my bad! It was on the ESPN App home page literally 3 days ago...I didn’t even bother to check the date because I thought it was new if they were posting it.