• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

What a joke. At this rate even with a 1st round bye, I'm not counting on having CMC that way I'm not depressed as hell when he's announced as out smh.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 1

Will not be drafting this China doll in the first round again which effectively puts him on my DND list as he’ll not make it to the 2nd round next year.

This is what happens to RBs that get as many touches as CMC has had. Add that to the fact that many scouts said their biggest concern as CMC’s body holding up under a large NFL workload. Throw in the fact that virtually every NFL team has an RBBC and are looking at the contract situation with Wentz and the Eagles and there is just no way CMC is going to have a 2019 season again.

Plus, and most importantly, he just sank my chances in the playoffs so €<¥>%! him. 😝

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Will not be drafting this China doll in the first round again which effectively puts him on my DND list as he’ll not make it to the 2nd round next year.

This is what happens to RBs that get as many touches as CMC has had. Add that to the fact that many scouts said their biggest concern as CMC’s body holding up under a large NFL workload. Throw in the fact that virtually every NFL team has an RBBC and are looking at the contract situation with Wentz and the Eagles and there is just no way CMC is going to have a 2019 season again.

Plus, and most importantly, he just sank my chances in the playoffs so €<¥>%! him. 😝

Ice cold take. If you wouldn't draft guys because they've gotten hurt before you'd only be drafting rookies.

• Like 2
Just now, furbz420 said:

Ice cold take. If you wouldn't draft guys because they've gotten hurt before you'd only be drafting rookies.

Funny you should say that: J Robinson, J Herbert and J Jeffries have been some of my best players this year. 

Just like three weeks ago when CMC got hurt,  yes, this is a bit of a hot take because I’m pissed off but all those points above still stand.

And yes I could pick apart any player but this is starting to look like just what many scouts said: they didn’t think CMC would hold up under a big workload. How many long term fantasy stud RBs do you know of where scouts were concerned their bodies would break down under a big workload? I can’t think of any. I can think of much bigger RBs that all broke down after a “the curse of 300” season. 

I could be wrong about CMC but this is infuriating and right now, as with three weeks ago, I’d just rather not draft a Will Fuller in the first round. Maybe I’ll cool off by next August but he’s no slam dunk #1 for me

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Funny you should say that: J Robinson, J Herbert and J Jeffries have been some of my best players this year. 

Just like three weeks ago when CMC got hurt,  yes, this is a bit of a hot take because I’m pissed off but all those points above still stand.

And yes I could pick apart any player but this is starting to look like just what many scouts said: they didn’t think CMC would hold up under a big workload. How many long term fantasy stud RBs do you know of where scouts were concerned their bodies would break down under a big workload? I can’t think of any. I can think of much bigger RBs that all broke down after a “the curse of 300” season. 

I could be wrong about CMC but this is infuriating and right now, as with three weeks ago, I’d just rather not draft a Will Fuller in the first round. Maybe I’ll cool off by next August but he’s no slam dunk #1 for me

You're really equating CMC, after one injury riddled season after otherwise being an Ironman, to Will fuller. I know this is frustrating, I too am very frustrated, but that comparison is ridiculous. Players get hurt, it's the nfl. Sucks that our star player is getting hurt on and off this year, but one year of injuries is hardly enough to label a guy, particularly who was almost injury proof so far through his career, DND on the basis of fragility. 

20 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I'm sure things exactly like this were said about Dalvin Cook. Fantasy football is just like a lot of life there are no absolutes. There are chances you have to take. I won my biggest league last year because of Christian drafting fourth and would have taken Barkley and Elliott over him but didn't have the chance so there is that thing luck too haha

23 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

I'm sure things exactly like this were said about Dalvin Cook. Fantasy football is just like a lot of life there are no absolutes. There are chances you have to take. I won my biggest league last year because of Christian drafting fourth and would have taken Barkley and Elliott over him but didn't have the chance so there is that thing luck too haha

Dalvin Cook has never played a full season and went down for the playoffs last year.

Just Saying.

RB is such a disaster at this point I think I’d rather take a stud WR that has a much better shot at being healthy than an RB. 

Why is everyone acting like he’s been ruled out already? Obviously this tweaked quad was not the news I was hoping for when I eagerly checked on his practice participation today but sounds like he could very well play through and the fact that he was at least limited is something. As far as I’m concerned I could see him returning this week and picking up right where he left off and winning the championship by going on a 3 game year to close out the season or I could see him not playing at all and collectively breaking our hearts.

1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

As far as I’m concerned I could see him returning this week and picking up right where he left off and winning the championship by going on a 3 game year to close out the season or I could see him not playing at all and collectively breaking our hearts.

Thanks for clarifying the possibilities. 🙄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

Why is everyone acting like he’s been ruled out already? Obviously this tweaked quad was not the news I was hoping for when I eagerly checked on his practice participation today but sounds like he could very well play through and the fact that he was at least limited is something. As far as I’m concerned I could see him returning this week and picking up right where he left off and winning the championship by going on a 3 game year to close out the season or I could see him not playing at all and collectively breaking our hearts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/josephperson/status/1336757485357715456

Conversation

Matt Rhule said he expects to CB Donte Jackson (toe) to play this week vs. Broncos. He's not there yet with Christian McCaffrey. Says team wants to try to see if it can help get him healthy.

It seemed a little weird Monday when Christian McCaffrey — asked point-blank whether he expected to play this week against Denver — would only say: “I feel great. I feel really great.”

https://theathletic.com/2251106/2020/12/09/christian-mccaffrey-panthers-injury-update/?amp#click=https://t.co/v1HZMJGbN6

Somehow with some luck along the way, I managed to finish 1st in my league. IF ONLY CMC were healthy. I really thought he'd come back and take off here during the fantasy playoffs. But this whole setback, even though it seems minor, just really puts a damper on things. I mean, we had him for a grand total of 3 weeks....and then he tweaks his quad during the BYE week?? C'mon man....you can't make this stuff up.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, FreakFries said:

It seemed a little weird Monday when Christian McCaffrey — asked point-blank whether he expected to play this week against Denver — would only say: “I feel great. I feel really great.”

https://theathletic.com/2251106/2020/12/09/christian-mccaffrey-panthers-injury-update/?amp#click=https://t.co/v1HZMJGbN6

He didn't even have any issue with the quad (that he knew about) at the time. That guy is reading way too much into that. 

Edited by Drewfus
2 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Wait, did he tweak the quad last week or yesterday? How would he reaggravated the tweak yesterday if he didn't practice? I'm confused!

Was an individual workout. Team is being cautious with their star player but better odds than not he plays imo.