• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Hope this guy is wrong about the Saturday game being too soon. At least rhule isnt shutting him down

Yeah, that’s just speculation on his part, and Sat night vs. Sun early afternoon isn’t that different anyway. Really hope he comes back next week...

I wish we had more clarity than this, but my current impression based on the language is a return for weeks 16 and 17... would have needed to see more optimistic language to feel good about his prospects of playing week 15, especially with the game being on Saturday night and not Sunday, and it'd be weird if he just came back for the last game of the season, I think.

I hope I'm wrong and we get increasingly optimistic updates this week and do get him back for week 15. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I wish we had more clarity than this, but my current impression based on the language is a return for weeks 16 and 17... would have needed to see more optimistic language to feel good about his prospects of playing week 15, especially with the game being on Saturday night and not Sunday, and it'd be weird if he just came back for the last game of the season, I think.

I hope I'm wrong and we get increasingly optimistic updates this week and do get him back for week 15. 

Both can plan on him playing again this year, but if he misses week 15, you have to begin to wonder what's the point. As a CMC owner, I am so happy that I have Davis as his 'cuff because the matchup against GB's run defense is a good one. Things just seem doubtful for week 15 at this point...not counting him. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

He'll play whenever he is healthy. Fingers crossed for saturday night 🤞

Man, that’s good news in a way, but not sure I like their chances with 2 of those games being against GB and NO, without or without CMC. :)  Even WAS in week 16 is no layup with the way that D is playing.

I don’t get the “shut down” talk. This rarely ever happens several weeks out. Maybe week 17 when there’s nothing to play for, but it’s not like ATL is benching Julio, Ridley and Ryan for the next three weeks because they’re eliminated. Houston isn’t shutting down Watson. Chargers won’t tell Keenan, Eckler and Herbert to hang it up.

if he’s healthy, why wouldn’t he play?

• Like 1

Worst case scenario is CMC comes back but splits carries with Davis. That kills Davis' value and hurts CMC's as well. If he's not coming back full-bore I don't want him to play at all.

1 minute ago, Andy Mick said:

Worst case scenario is CMC comes back but splits carries with Davis. That kills Davis' value and hurts CMC's as well. If he's not coming back full-bore I don't want him to play at all.

You know that’s going to happen. They have nothing to play for 

Edited by urban2014
12 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

You know that’s going to happen. They have nothing to play for 

Neither do half the teams in the league but healthy starters arent all sitting. If they feel he is healthy he'll play

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, nflcore said:

high sprained ankle, AC joint shoulder issue and thigh injury I don't understand why he is planning to play the meaningless last few games

lol I literally just explained why. His ankle is healed, his shoulder is good. If his thigh is good, why bench him?

he played meaningless games last year too.

This is the NFL, not a college bowl game where you want to get your freshmen some more experience.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

lol I literally just explained why. His ankle is healed, his shoulder is good. If his thigh is good, why bench him?

he played meaningless games last year too.

This is the NFL, not a college bowl game where you want to get your freshmen some more experience.

Because it's a little different when he's had multiple injuries this year, they JUST signed him to a massive contract, and they actually have nothing to play for. This is not the same thing as putting out players on a bad team that have been healthy all year and have no nagging injuries. I agree, that if he's 100% healthy, they'll probably play him. But it's very unlikely he's 100% at this moment. 

15 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

hes gonna need stats to make the HOF/be an all time great RB - hence why CMC wants to play, his goals are high and knows he needs to play to reach them 

Not to mention,  coaches and gms need wins on the resume to keep their job or get their next job. If he is healthy he will play.