NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people forgetting that Chubb missed 4 games? He still finished with 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. I think Hunt might have capped Chubb in the receiving game a little, but he was still a beast. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Activated off IR and expected to return to practice today.👊

I have Chubb on three of my teams and honestly, I completely forgot I had him. What a huge boost to our teams heading down the stretch.

Hunt has been uninspiring, not sure what happened. But a very good 1-2 punch Cleveland has.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Can Chubb actually get some receiving work for us PPR players???

Can't see them going against what made things successful weeks 2 and 3...Chubb dominating when ahead and Hunt getting high value touches and dominating late in the game. 

Glad to have Chubb back  both as a Chubb and Hunt owner lol...He was an elite RB1 weeks 2 and 3...

2 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

I have Chubb on three of my teams and honestly, I completely forgot I had him. What a huge boost to our teams heading down the stretch.

Hunt has been uninspiring, not sure what happened. But a very good 1-2 punch Cleveland has.

Wyatt Teller on the online has been out as well. One of the best graded lineman this season before his injury. Getting him and Chubb back is a big boost to the run game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

From CBS yesterday:

Browns' Nick Chubb: Looks sharp in return to practice

Chubb (knee) is taking part in individual drills while wearing a brace on his right knee at Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

The Browns designated Chubb for return from injured reserve Monday, and Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the 24-year-old managed to show off his agility in his first practice activity since Week 4.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

From CBS yesterday:

Browns' Nick Chubb: Looks sharp in return to practice

Chubb (knee) is taking part in individual drills while wearing a brace on his right knee at Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

The Browns designated Chubb for return from injured reserve Monday, and Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the 24-year-old managed to show off his agility in his first practice activity since Week 4.

This is a great sign.  This guy will be a nice boost.

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Bah! The message I've been getting is that even if he plays they'll ease him in. I dunno if I'm comfortable starting him. Maybe worth waiting another week.

Probably for the best. Get Chubb in there nice and slow, ease him in and let him work up to a full load. Don't want him to bust prematurely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

This quote was the main takeaway from the article for me. Sounds like he's feeling great and the uncertainty is more revolving around the procedural act of him being cleared instead of how he's feeling.

"I am not sure," Chubb answered Wednesday when he was asked if he was confident he could play Sunday, via team transcript. "There is still a lot more to it than me just feeling good. I have to go through doctors, team athletic trainers and coaches. It is more than just me saying I feel great."

• Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Any dawg pound homers with local beat insight? Playing and if so to what extent? Tough to gauge Stefanski’s demeanor with players post injury? 

mary kay cabot just tweeted he practiced, no brace, looked ready to her. maybe sunday morning we'll get some of the national guys giving hints on usage

• Like 1

Some info I noticed in The Athletic article today (as we prep for his final clearance)

"Chubb also leads all running backs with 3.44 Yards Created Per Attempt on 57 carries. This metric tracks all yards above and beyond what was blocked. Yards created are generated by the runner after the first evaded tackle. Chubb also had seven rushing attempts of 15 or more yards. Everything I’ve read from Browns reporters and insiders implies that he’s looked great in practice after being activated from injured reserve."

"Chubb’s explosiveness and yard creation ability will come in handy against Houston’s run defense. The Browns’ offensive line is creating 1.18 yards before contact, which ranks 25th among the teams playing in Week 10. The Texans’ run defense has been soft all season and that trend is clearly evident over the last five games. Running backs against the Texans have averaged 5.5 fantasy points per game more than expected over that span of time. Houston has allowed 1,159 rushing yards and 10+ rushing touchdowns this season."

• Like 3
1 minute ago, JCDaly said:

Anything official on the Chubbinator? Only update from ESPN from today is about yesterday's practice. I know he's designated to return, but he still has to be then officially activated, right?

just now the coach re-iterated what he's been saying all week, need to meet w/doctors and player to discuss and make a call on whether he plays

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, iamkoza said:

just now the coach re-iterated what he's been saying all week, need to meet w/doctors and player to discuss and make a call on whether he plays

You are the bomb, thanks! Hopefully he's safe to go