NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If I'm ever in a position to do this in Madden I always do it. So I'm sure it was on the up-and-up 😁

What I read it was . Coach Stefanskj gave the key code word “no mas” that means don’t score. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people forgetting that Chubb missed 4 games? He still finished with 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. I think Hunt might have capped Chubb in the receiving game a little, but he was still a beast. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Krustyburger said:

Agreed. No doubt his intentions were noble but a smarter move would have been to just verge to his right and slowly take the TD rather than jump out of bounds, eat clock that way. Not a good look for him of the NFL, the idea should always be to score at all costs

OIP.Zrzqvscfevza8B2KQ0nKvAAAAA?pid=Api&r

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

If I'm ever in a position to do this in Madden I always do it. So I'm sure it was on the up-and-up 😁

Madden is a different story 😂

5 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Semantics.  Even if you call it 1-2%, 100% is still better than 98-99%.  Like I said before, it's happened in the league many times before.  Why tempt fate?

I mean.. sure many comebacks have happened in under a minute, but I can't recall any where a team was down 2 scores with zero timeouts. I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't say many times for this scenario.

I'd call it a nearly zero percent chance when you talk about new onside kicking rules this year and the fact that Houston had zero rhythm the entire game. They also don't have Hopkins anymore 😂

I get your point as a guaranteed win, but in my eyes, scoring the TD would be a guaranteed win as well. I don't have any shares so it didn't bother me, a league mate did lose because of it though. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:51 PM, trolltoll said:

Madden is a different story 😂

I mean.. sure many comebacks have happened in under a minute, but I can't recall any where a team was down 2 scores with zero timeouts. I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't say many times for this scenario.

I'd call it a nearly zero percent chance when you talk about new onside kicking rules this year and the fact that Houston had zero rhythm the entire game. They also don't have Hopkins anymore 😂

I get your point as a guaranteed win, but in my eyes, scoring the TD would be a guaranteed win as well. I don't have any shares so it didn't bother me, a league mate did lose because of it though. 

100/100 times the best situation to put your team in is to win the game with the ball..  which is exactly what Chubb did. Going even further, you're not forcing your defense to go out and make any more plays which keeps your team healthier in a game where a single given play could result in someone landing on IR. He 100% made the logical decision any way you cut it.

Edited by MoonBlaster
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, rasto21585 said:

Should we be worried next week to start him against Baltimore? 

I'm a little worried—he had 66 total yards and a fumble in their first matchup this year, and 45 yards on 15 carries in their second matchup last year. Of course, he also went off for 183 and 3 touchdowns in the first 2019 game. So I don't think his ceiling is any lower than it would be in any other week, but a dud wouldn't surprise me as much as it would in week 15 or 16. Obviously Cleveland has been scoring a lot of points this year, and there aren't many guys you would bench him for, but I'm slightly less confident than I have been the last few games

Edited by ilikepieman

The bottom line is that he is simply in a different class as a runner of the football. Like all RBs he does need help, but he creates on his own. The CLE line has been solid...the BAL D-Line is getting healthier, but I trust in Browns' coach/scheming well enough, and that defense keeping it close for him to really keep it rolling this week. I smell a ceiling week, as long as they knock that crap off with getting cute around the GL.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

Remember people thinking Hunt was the better back and that this guy was an RB2 at best?

ALL. THROUGH. HIS. 2019. THREAD.

... and i had to battle daily to convince those fools otherwise. 

i banged that Chubb so cotdamn hard that my damn knuckles bled. 

• Haha 1

Incredible to think back on all the people who claimed Sony Michel was the far better RB coming out of Georgia 😆  Chubb is quietly going to be the best pure runner of this generation (next to Henry).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Jets just sent interior d-line anchor Q Williams to the IR. A great matchup just got better. I am thinking a monster ceiling week for Mr Chubb, take us home!

that is good news.... but doesnt look like wyatt teller is playing. this season when teller has been out the browns have struggled to run. last game was the first time chubb was active and teller was not, and chubb had his worst game since week 1 yardage wise. not saying bench chubb.... but at least acknowledge teller is a key piece of the run game

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1