NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

38 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Since then, he's kinda developed a speech impediment "- Jules

Heard Chubb's bell was rung so hard it was comparable to when Marcellus Wallace sent two guys over and through a man off of the fourth story balcony. 

Maybe Chubb shouldn't be rubbin feet he shouldn't be..

• Haha 1
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people forgetting that Chubb missed 4 games? He still finished with 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. I think Hunt might have capped Chubb in the receiving game a little, but he was still a beast. 

Posted Images

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed Nick Chubb is in the league's concussion protocol.

At the end of the day, this shouldn't affect Chubb's availability for any meaningful games next month. Expect Chubb to be sidelined for the next couple days. To our knowledge, Chubb has no known NFL concussions.

Aug 18, 2020, 1:31 PM ET
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be a damn shame if they didn't get the ball in Chubb's hands 20 times a game. The guy was the highest graded RB from PFF and is generally undervalued. He has great hands evident through some insane catches he's made. It's definitely an area of his game that's being undervalued. If Stefanski and the Brown's look at Chubb's poor redzone efficiency last year as anything more than Kitchen's/the o-line's incompetence, then that's gonna suck for Chubb owners. I draft this weekend and hope there's more clarity on how usage is working out in camp... Anybody have meaningful insight on that?

• Like 1

While Kareem Hunt may be perhaps the best 2nd string running back in the league, the current regime only extended a one year tender when given the opportunity to re-sign him. While Chubb wasn’t drafted by these guys either, teams typically like to see out rookie contracts of transcendent talents. It would not surprise anyone to see Nick Chubb get a Dalvin Cook 2019-like workload just like it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Hunt be a thorn in the side of Chubb’s receiving production.

1 hour ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

While Kareem Hunt may be perhaps the best 2nd string running back in the league, the current regime only extended a one year tender when given the opportunity to re-sign him. While Chubb wasn’t drafted by these guys either, teams typically like to see out rookie contracts of transcendent talents. It would not surprise anyone to see Nick Chubb get a Dalvin Cook 2019-like workload just like it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Hunt be a thorn in the side of Chubb’s receiving production.

Why would the Browns sign Hunt to a multi year deal, who is essentially a backup to their starting RB for better or worse. Unless it's an extremely cheap team friendly deal, which Kareem would be a moron to sign. The man is a UFA next year , looking for a big contract.  Kid's a stud , he should have no problems finding a new home and becoming the unquestioned lead dog. 

• Like 1

While everything you’re saying is true, you’re pretty much proving my point. While Hunt will be used for what he’s worth, they’re not going to neglect Chubb to do it. I can’t argue Chubb > Hunt in bad game scripts because Hunt is the superior pass catcher but from a big picture standpoint how much different is Hunt to the Browns than T. Coleman is to the 49ers?

3 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I got Chubb with the last pick of the 2nd rd of a 10 team league. Wasn’t too enthusiastic about Chubb. Anyone believe he’ll still have a big yr with Hunt challenging? 

They improved the O-line alot and switched to a zone scheme that Dalvin Cook operated in last season Also he still averaged 18/19 touches and 86 yards per game when Hunt played the last 8 games. The issue is TDs though as he only had 2 once Hunt came back. Hunt definitely caps Chubb's ceiling but at pick 20 i think Chubb is a great value

• Thanks 1

The easy narrative is that Chubb's production fell when Hunt got back on the field.  Yes, that's hard to argue.

But the flip side is that this is a new offense, and that there's no guarantee that they'll be using Chubb and Hunt like they did last year.  I believe they're going to pound the ball and there'll be enough meat on the bone for both of them.  Vegas has Chubb as the second best odds to win the league rushing title behind Henry.  So what is the fantasy community missing here that Vegas isn't?  Chubb is one of the most talented backs in the league and hopefully in for a monster year.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, young dude said:

Personally not overall worried. Have him in 1 of 5 teams (1 more draft later tonight). If all other top RBs are gone by the 2nd round and MT/Adams/Julio aren't available, I'm still taking him over Aaron Jones.

Chubb is a late second round pick before the next group of RB. I don't want my RB1 conceding 40% or more of the RB snaps.

I think Kareem Hunt is really good. But I believe Chubb has been graded as the best runner for a couple years in a row. If you take away Freddie Bathrooms, Chubb's season last year could have been majestic. I've never seen such boneheaded playcalls or flat out not using a player properly quite like Kitchens did with Chubb. Just awful playcalling and never got creative with Chubb. I could practically count the number of screen passes to Chubb last year on one hand, and the red zone play calls were abysmal. The team added Conklin to their line, got rid of Kitchens, and has some continuity/experience with each other to build off of. I know Hunt will take work, but itll also keep Chubb fresh and other teams guessing. I also think Chubb is perfectly capable of passing down work, he just never gets the opportunities. When he does, he looks great. But I also understand that Hunt is obviously one of the best backs in the league on passing downs.  

• Like 2

Game script did not work in Chubb's favor, but Stefanski used Hunt more than I thought. This looks like a full blown RBBC with Hunt/Chubb. There should be better days ahead for Chubb though, they won't play the Ravens every week. 

• Like 2
Just now, MurderInc said:

Game script did not work in Chubb's favor, but Stefanski used Hunt more than I thought. This looks like a full blown RBBC with Hunt/Chubb. There should be better days ahead for Chubb though, they won't play the Ravens every week. 

Chubb had his best day of 2019 vs the Ravens ... and that was with Kitchens, and a worse o-line ... was the game he ripped off that 88 yd TD. 

dunno, man ... i love the guy, think he is top 3 pure runner in the leeg, but the Khunt menace is real.  

• Like 1