NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Won’t be 6 weeks. That’s a tentative/cautionary timeline. Mixon had exact same injury 2 years ago and was back after 3 weeks. He’s only going on 3 week IR. 

Yep. It's a grade 2 MCL sprain. Dr Jesse figures 3-5 weeks, likely return after their bye week. But could be as little as 3 weeks. 

Edited by gbill2004
  • Like 1
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people forgetting that Chubb missed 4 games? He still finished with 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. I think Hunt might have capped Chubb in the receiving game a little, but he was still a beast. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I know people are joking about this comment but he does run a little like Kamara. He tends to make two step cuts and pace behind blocks like Kamara. 

Right? People are just mocking me but I call them like a see them. I'm not one to say everyone looks like Kamara. He legitimately reminds me of Kamara when I watch him run. I have a feeling they will be sorry for not grabbing him. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, noles1983 said:

They run the ball 35ish times a game, even 30% of that is around 11. He will be involved. The Browns are not all of a sudden going to go Steelers/Titans  mode. If the kid sucked this past game maybe, but he almost had 100 yards. 

I think the heavy run game philosophy has a lot to do with the personnel. It's not unreasonable to assume that they'll run a bit less without two stud backs at their disposal. 

Just now, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I told people this was a minor sprain. Bernard had a grade 2 MCL sprain in 2018 and was only out a few games. Chubb will only miss 3 games. 

I feel like things would have to go swimmingly for him to miss only 3 games. That puts him at a Week 8 return, and at that point, their bye is Week 9, so I think they'd be cautious and simply hold him out until Week 10 at that point to be safe.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I feel like things would have to go swimmingly for him to miss only 3 games. That puts him at a Week 8 return, and at that point, their bye is Week 9, so I think they'd be cautious and simply hold him out until Week 10 at that point to be safe.

This is exactly right. I'd be stunned if he returns before the bye. Look for him in Week 10, no sooner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

This is exactly right. I'd be stunned if he returns before the bye. Look for him in Week 10, no sooner. 

That’s a mindlessly simplistic way of approaching it. They’re not just throwing their hands up and saying “week 10 it is!”. This is a highly competitive division and if they lose to Pittsburgh, they’ll want to make sure they win the game before bye week. The odds are that he won’t play until after bye week, but based on past history (even in basketball, Curry returned 3 weeks after same injury) this is an injury that can be recovered from in 3 weeks. Mixon had surgery on his knee in 2018 and was back after missing 2 weeks when it was not pressing at all for him to come back that quickly. 

if Chubb is feeling healthy he WILL PLAY. 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Refer to my comment above 

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

They are not rushing Chubb back. They have Hunt. 3 games is laughable.

Three games is a perfectly normal recovery period for this type of injury, which is a grade 2 MCL sprain. Having said that, the Browns may decide to hold him out until after the bye if he's a slow healer. But if he's 100% recovered after 3 games I see no reason why they wouldn't play him, especially with their current record. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Three games is a perfectly normal recovery period for this type of injury, which is a grade 2 MCL sprain. Having said that, the Browns may decide to hold him out until after the bye if he's a slow healer. But if he's 100% recovered after 3 games I see no reason why they wouldn't play him, especially with their current record. 

The problem might be that they keep winning without him as Hunt and whomever pick up right where he left off. Then they'd have an eye to the playoffs and make sure 100% that Chubb is 100%. 

That is also possible.

49 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The problem might be that they keep winning without him as Hunt and whomever pick up right where he left off. Then they'd have an eye to the playoffs and make sure 100% that Chubb is 100%. 

That is also possible.

Gandalf the wise 🤙🏻

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

That is also possible.

They ain't gonna bench a 100% healthy Chubb

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 7:20 PM, gbill2004 said:

They ain't gonna bench a 100% healthy Chubb

^ What this guy said. Chubb is the center piece to the Browns run game. They had a great gameplan using Chubb to wear down a defense with Hunt coming in later in games to take advantage with fresh legs.

57 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I thought it was 4-6? I was assuming it would be week 10 after the bye. But who knows. 

Thats what I heard as well with him maybe returning closer to 4 than 6. Austin E is a different story with the muscle ripping off the bone and will be closer to 8

Browns running backs coach Stump Mitchell said Friday that Chubb (knee) is doing well in his recovery and has attended all team meetings since being placed on injured reserve Oct. 5, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Chubb is two weeks into the expected six-week recovery timetable he was handed after spraining the MCL in his right knee Oct. 4. The 24-year-old has seemingly avoided any setbacks since sustaining the injury, suggesting that fantasy managers can tentatively plan on him returning to action in mid-November. Until Chubb shakes off the injury, Kareem Hunt (ribs) will remain the Browns' clear top backfield weapon.

Pretty safe to assume WK10 is the date for him to return, against the last ranked HOU rush D...his schedule outside of WK 14 v BAL is very lovely.

Dates against HOU, PHI, JAC, TEN, NYG and NYJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3