NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Browns running backs coach Stump Mitchell said Friday that Chubb (knee) is doing well in his recovery and has attended all team meetings since being placed on injured reserve Oct. 5, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Chubb is two weeks into the expected six-week recovery timetable he was handed after spraining the MCL in his right knee Oct. 4. The 24-year-old has seemingly avoided any setbacks since sustaining the injury, suggesting that fantasy managers can tentatively plan on him returning to action in mid-November. Until Chubb shakes off the injury, Kareem Hunt (ribs) will remain the Browns' clear top backfield weapon.

Pretty safe to assume WK10 is the date for him to return, against the last ranked HOU rush D...his schedule outside of WK 14 v BAL is very lovely.

Dates against HOU, PHI, JAC, TEN, NYG and NYJ

What would prevent him from attending team meetings? 😂

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people forgetting that Chubb missed 4 games? He still finished with 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. I think Hunt might have capped Chubb in the receiving game a little, but he was still a beast. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

What would prevent him from attending team meetings? 😂

If a player is far out from return-- they can sometimes skip meetings in favor of further treatment. It seems silly, but I do believe they have a mandate that says they can only "Work" "X" number of hours per week. 

This means he's attending meetings over further rehab-- meaning....probably good things?

• Thanks 1

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said RB Nick Chubb (knee) could return after the team's Week 9 bye. 

Kareem Hunt will again function as the team's workhorse this week against the Raiders with Chubb on IR. Stefanski had reservations about saying Chubb will be back in uniform in two weeks, adding that he was on schedule in his recovery from an MCL injury.

• Thanks 2

Yeah we will likely know a lot more next Mon. I still feel pretty confident about it, and think that Chubb is gonna win people a lot of titles this year.

Hunt didn't really capitalize all that well and the schedule/scheme really set up well for Chubb to go nuclear down the stretch.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah we will likely know a lot more next Mon. I still feel pretty confident about it, and think that Chubb is gonna win people a lot of titles this year.

Hunt didn't really capitalize all that well and the schedule/scheme really set up well for Chubb to go nuclear down the stretch.

As a Hunt and Chubb owner, I am very concerned with how the Browns showed out yesterday. 22 minutes of time of possession against what is perceived as a soft defense. This offense is going to be in a lot of trouble if they can't sustain drives as well as stop critical downs to cause punts. 

Chubb is the one that gets game-flowed out of script. As a Hunt owner, I'm hoping for Chubb's return because Hunt seems to put up more points in his original role lol 

Noticed this in The Athletic today, it is not news or anything but whatever:

Chubb suffered a significant MCL sprain in Week 3, and our algorithm indicated a Healthy to Return Date in Week 10.The Browns made the right decision in holding him out for this long, so I am optimistic that his knee is recovered and he is going to be healthy for the second half of the season. I still hope they ease him back in and limit him to around 10-12 touches in his first game back.

• Like 2

I hope the Browns use the BYE to retool their offense a bit and start running a bunch of two running back sets with Kareem playing the slot here and there. Unfortunately, if this offense continues like it has since the last 2 weeks I don't see Chubb or Hunt being productive. Teams just don't have to respect Baker passing right now and the Browns have been unable to mount any offensive drive whatsoever. At least in the early weeks, the run game was opened up by the threat of an occasional play action bomb to OBJ, right now... there's no real threat down the field.

22 minutes ago, harck said:

I hope the Browns use the BYE to retool their offense a bit and start running a bunch of two running back sets with Kareem playing the slot here and there. Unfortunately, if this offense continues like it has since the last 2 weeks I don't see Chubb or Hunt being productive. Teams just don't have to respect Baker passing right now and the Browns have been unable to mount any offensive drive whatsoever. At least in the early weeks, the run game was opened up by the threat of an occasional play action bomb to OBJ, right now... there's no real threat down the field.

Let's see if the People's WR can step it up, that would be huge.

And yes, I surely hope they utilize more 2RB sets moving forward. The play calling definitely needs an injection of creativity.

37 minutes ago, harck said:

I think it was the opposite. I think they respected Chubb and that opened up the passing game.

• Like 1

just run all streaks and have chubb and hunt come out the backfield together with option routes.

didnt think losing chubb would be that big of a blow but i guess that two headed monster just killed def and when you got a tired def and a non tired hunt/chubb they will shred you for chunk yardage.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

just run all streaks and have chubb and hunt come out the backfield together with option routes.

didnt think losing chubb would be that big of a blow but i guess that two headed monster just killed def and when you got a tired def and a non tired hunt/chubb they will shred you for chunk yardage.

This man gets it. Chubb bruises the defenses down + always has a few long runs which tires everyone out.

Right after Hunt with fresh legs just absolutely murks you in the pass game.

13 minutes ago, matanp said:

if he's active week 10 are people starting him?  Or maybe wait a week to see how he looks?

Some will say Chubb needs time to grow stronger and get a full load before they unleash him.

Me, I'm of the mindset that once I've got Chubb back, there's no time to waste. Use him before you potentially lose him again.

I don't think either is wrong. A healthy Chubb will carry a productive load.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Some will say Chubb needs time to grow stronger and get a full load before they unleash him.

Me, I'm of the mindset that once I've got Chubb back, there's no time to waste. Use him before you potentially lose him again.

I don't think either is wrong. A healthy Chubb will carry a productive load.

Agrew with everything you said here. 

Fun facts I noticed:

Chubb leads the NFL (50+ carries) with 24.6% going for 10+ yards (by nearly 8% over next highest percentage!)

Chubb still leads the league in runs of 20 yards or more (6) despite not playing since WK4.

• Like 1