NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

8 catches for 97 yards on 9 targets

this guy sucks........always laying eggs n such.....AB Killing his value

Rock Solid WR2 ROS, not what you drafted him for but ask the CEH/Barkley/Thomas etc etc etc owners and count your blessings 

• Like 2
  • Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

How about this finger Godwin!!!!???????

AB never played a game with Brady at Gillette stadium. He played 1 game with the Patriots, in Miami and then was cut the next week. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

8 catches for 97 yards on 9 targets

this guy sucks........always laying eggs n such.....AB Killing his value

Rock Solid WR2 ROS, not what you drafted him for but ask the CEH/Barkley/Thomas etc etc etc owners and count your blessings 

Can’t complain at this point. Could’ve been alot worse since AB joined.

And maybe I’m biased as a Godwin owner, but just watching the games Antonio Brown does not look elite out there anymore. 

Some of the blame falls on Brady, but my point still stands.

3 Losses since AB’s arrival 

His last three games have been against top 6 pass defenses (in WR points against). 

Next three are against MIN (30th), ATL (29th) and Detroit (10th on year, but terrible recently. See Will Fuller this week).

Should be locked into fantasy lineups for playoffs.

• Like 1

Chris Godwin underwent a procedure to have pins removed from his broken finger. 

Godwin missed Week 8 with the broken finger. It doesn't look like this procedure will cost him game action, though it'll be worth monitoring his practice participation in the coming days. Coming off the Bucs bye week, Godwin goes against a Vikings defense that's given up the ninth most yards to opposing receivers. 

Dec 8, 2020, 8:40 AM ET

Chris Godwin (finger) did not practice Wednesday. 

He might have limited practice time this week after undergoing a procedure to have pins removed from his broken finger. Fantasy managers should keep an eye on Godwin's Thursday and Friday practice status. He'll be a high-end WR2 play against the Vikings in Week 14. 

This is from rotoworld.  Hey guys, its only TUESDAY.

Vikings held the ball for like 75% of the game it seemed, Brady season low 23 attempts. As the comment above me says, he air mailed a throw to Godwin that would have likely been a 70+ yard touchdown. Frustrating game. 

Falcons seem to be pretty decent against the run, so Godwin could bounce back next week. 

Edited by Jmiller21kg
  • 2 weeks later...

How’s everyone feeling this week? Leaning towards benching [...] .  He’s been very disappointing, but I would hate to bench him then he finally goes off..just not sure that’s possible with the mouths to feed there. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
10 minutes ago, 13.5 2 1st said:

How’s everyone feeling this week? Leaning towards benching [...] .  He’s been very disappointing, but I would hate to bench him then he finally goes off..just not sure that’s possible with the mouths to feed there. 

Nervous but I have no other option smh. Hoping he gets at least one TD in what should be a higher scoring game.

5 hours ago, Ergogh said:

“Nervous but I have no other option smh. Hoping he gets at least one TD in what should be a higher scoring game.”

We can believe that at some point it’s gotta be Godwin’s “turn”, but as mentioned above, that’s seeing the player from before & hoping he’s going to return, just in time. He isn’t, in .5ppr he’s WR42... Along with Cooper Kupp (WR24) & Allen Lazard, they represent my WR1&2 & flex play. I’ve gotten this far despite these players, not because of them. Like you I’m hoping for the best but expecting their undefined, marginal roles to continue. Gotta love the skill set of all three & they’re all on playoff bound teams. Yet, for various reasons, rarely have they been featured rec’rs. 

I’m sorry if you disagree with me but Godwin has been a complete bust this year. Besides the injuries he has had 1 week of 20 or more points. ONE. And that was only like 23. He was a 2nd round pick. I selected him 1 pick after Deandre Hopkins. Dude balled out last year. No idea where this guy gets drafted next year, 3rd or 4th?  Too many mouths to feed there. 

2 hours ago, Islanderman said:

I’m sorry if you disagree with me but Godwin has been a complete bust this year. Besides the injuries he has had 1 week of 20 or more points. ONE. And that was only like 23. He was a 2nd round pick. I selected him 1 pick after Deandre Hopkins. Dude balled out last year. No idea where this guy gets drafted next year, 3rd or 4th?  Too many mouths to feed there. 

Very few players are NOT busts this year. It's just a matter of which ones you own.

Edited by Silent-Trader
  • Like 1