Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

How about this finger Godwin!!!!???????

AB never played a game with Brady at Gillette stadium. He played 1 game with the Patriots, in Miami and then was cut the next week. 

Posted Images

As a Cardinals fan, I vividly remember when Bruce Arians joined the team. 

He got an experienced vet in Carson Palmer.... and it still took Carson half the season to get the offense down. 

The first half of the season, he looked borderline benchable, the last half of the season he looked borderline 1top 10 in the league. 

I think it will take TB12 a bit of time to get going, but he'll get it going. 

That said i didn't watch the game yesterday and am unsure if he wasn't looking Godwins way or what. 

But better days are coming, here's to Evans getting healthy...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BallinOnnaBudget said:

As a Cardinals fan, I vividly remember when Bruce Arians joined the team. 

He got an experienced vet in Carson Palmer.... and it still took Carson half the season to get the offense down. 

The first half of the season, he looked borderline benchable, the last half of the season he looked borderline 1top 10 in the league. 

I think it will take TB12 a bit of time to get going, but he'll get it going. 

That said i didn't watch the game yesterday and am unsure if he wasn't looking Godwins way or what. 

But better days are coming, here's to Evans getting healthy...

Image

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

What are people’s thoughts on this dude. Blew up last year with Jameis but not sure how this is gonna play out. Brady seems to look for Miller on these quick throws when I thought it would be him. And he looks bigger. 

 

not as happy about having him now that brady found his new edelman. Also Arians is talking about how evans needs more targets. Evans + scotty miller? smh. Still automatic start but unless brady gets to prioritizing evans and godwin his ceiling has dropped a bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

What are people’s thoughts on this dude. Blew up last year with Jameis but not sure how this is gonna play out. Brady seems to look for Miller on these quick throws when I thought it would be him. And he looks bigger. 


He was an easy fade for me at adp.  He got a ton of garbage time points last year after jameis threw them into a huge hole. I know this because our league juggernaut had godwin and every week I would watch the box score and godwin would be doing ok and then he would get 5-40-1 in garbage time anf post a monster week.  I expect those garbage time pts to go down considerably. I also expect brady to throw a lot less than jameis did. On top of that scotty miller and/ or 2 te sets will push him outside more. And he was far more effective in the slot. Gronk will take some rz looks (maybe- he looked washed sun).   I still like him just not at ADP, and would rather have woods and ridley who went 15-20 picks later.  And I honestly might rather have Hollywood who went 40-50 picks later. Jmo.

Edited by cgu112
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Put some respect on this man's name. How quickly people forget.

Scotty Miller ? Scotty f'in Miller ... miss me with that. 

Chris Godwin has his papers, the dude is a certified Stud. 

 

 


ok but let’s go Evans is a more important topic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A 6-79 day on 7 targets in a TB loss in which the team didn’t look good. He threw it 36x, but yeah, he’s terrible. 
 

people will need to relax. If you watched the game, Miller was involved. Godwin looked bulk up like no other. 
 

plus, let’s not forget Evans is that kind of player. He disappeared for probably 6-7 games last year and explodes for a few. It’s not like this is something new. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cgu112 said:


He was an easy fade for me at adp.  He got a ton of garbage time points last year after jameis threw them into a huge hole. I know this because our league juggernaut had godwin and every week I would watch the box score and godwin would be doing ok and then he would get 5-40-1 in garbage time anf post a monster week.  I expect those garbage time pts to go down considerably. I also expect brady to throw a lot less than jameis did. On top of that scotty miller and/ or 2 te sets will push him outside more. And he was far more effective in the slot. Gronk will take some rz looks (maybe- he looked washed sun).   I still like him just not at ADP, and would rather have woods and ridley who went 15-20 picks later.  And I honestly might rather have Hollywood who went 40-50 picks later. Jmo.

 

#FakeNews

May have felt that way a few times, but more production in first halves than second. Check out the quarter and half splits towards the bottom of this page:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GodwCh00/splits/2019/

Dude will feast.

 

 

#Speculation:

NE has gotten off to slow starts in recent years. Until I saw Cam this week, I put that on the coaches. Now, I'm thinking it may have been an aging Brady. Pure speculation there, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him a few more games to really feel at home in this offense. He's still the goat, but an aging goat.

Edited by TheDude4bides
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheDude4bides said:

 

#FakeNews

May have felt that way a few times, but more production in first halves than second. Check out the quarter and half splits towards the bottom of this page:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GodwCh00/splits/2019/

Dude will feast.

 

 

#Speculation:

NE has gotten off to slow starts in recent years. Until I saw Cam this week, I put that on the coaches. Now, I'm thinking it may have been an aging Brady. Pure speculation there, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him a few more games to really feel at home in this offense. He's still the goat, but an aging goat.


yeah clearly I remembered the big games. There were def a couple. So I exaggerated it a bit (unintentionally), but its still a thing.  He will def get fewer garbage time pts.   In addition to all my other pts.  Again, I like godwin, but I dont see much of a gap (it any) between him and all the wrs down to woods, ridley, etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cgu112 said:


yeah clearly I remembered the big games. There were def a couple. So I exaggerated it a bit (unintentionally), but its still a thing.  He will def get fewer garbage time pts.   In addition to all my other pts.  Again, I like godwin, but I dont see much of a gap (it any) between him and all the wrs down to woods, ridley, etc 

I don't see much difference between him and Ridley either. Not a knock on Godwin, btw. 😋

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

I don't see much difference between him and Ridley either. Not a knock on Godwin, btw. 😋

Man...I don't see that at all.  Ridley's on a team that looks like they're going to throw at least 40 passes a game.  And he's used downfield a lot more than Godwin (I think).

Bucs defense is actually pretty good, regardless of Sunday.   No way Brady throws for 450 in any game this year.

Edited by K197040
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  So he does have a concussion?  There was a tweet this morning by somebody that said Godwin did a Zoom call with beat writers, and if he was having a concussion, that he wouldn't have been allowed to do it.  Guess his headache must have started after the reporters asked what the heck happened with his team.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow.  So he does have a concussion?  There was a tweet this morning by somebody that said Godwin did a Zoom call with beat writers, and if he was having a concussion, that he wouldn't have been allowed to do it.  Guess his headache must have started after the reporters asked what the heck happened with his team.

Reported that he was fine Monday/Tuesday but started to have some symptoms Wednesday. 

We will likely be without Godwin this week... and its the week he plays Carolina, of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...