NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fantasy Baseball HOF, but not MLB HOF

There are so many players who dominated in fantasy, and maybe even baseball, for 4-5 years (or more). It wasn’t enough to make the MLB HOF, but it was enough to make our FBHOF. 

Jose Reyes, Albert Belle, Mo Vaughn, Lincecum, Johan...just a short list to get the brain going. Share with us your nominee and some stats to back it up. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Todd Helton - Shawn Green those were early guys who carried me when I started playing in late 90s/early 2000s.     Lance Berkman - Roy Oswalt - Jason Giambi always seemed to find ways onto my t

Tino Martinez, Bobby Abreu and Magglio Ordonez are the first ones to come to mind.   From 1995-2001 Tino was a premier RBI producer. Abreu was always one of my favorite players to draft. Was

Two great calls here. I always owned Harden in the hopes that he’d finally stay healthy. Side note I’ve got a Carl Crawford card with a game-used bat piece in it. If you’ve got any use for it, DM

2 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I’ve played long enough to roster Ellis Burks, andres gallagraga and those early Rockies hitters.  
Scott Posednik and Tony Womack

Catcher Joe Mauer

Bonds

Alfonso Soriano

Brandon Webb

My league was AL Only, so we had zero Rockies, no Bonds, Sosa, McGwire. Feel like we missed out on the whole era!

Podsednik a great one. Forgotten SB stud.

Two I thought about were Melvin Mora and Hank Blalock. Stud 3B for a few years.

How about Nomar and Tejada? Both were equal or better than Jeter in fantasy for a few seasons.

Todd Helton - Shawn Green those were early guys who carried me when I started playing in late 90s/early 2000s.  

Lance Berkman - Roy Oswalt - Jason Giambi always seemed to find ways onto my team.  

my favorite random fantasy season ever, 2000 Richard Hidalgo.  .314 avg, 44 homers, 122 RBIs, 118 runs, 13 SBs, 1000+ ops.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3

I think he just misses, but I can see the case when comparing him to other 2B.

Not sure Halladay would have made it under different circumstances, which would make 5 borderline guys on one team.

sticking with the yankees

don mattingly -  his prime was only 6 or so years because of the back.

but 340/100/30/120 was possible

and here is a non yankee lol

Carlos "El Caballo" Lee

was basically a 300/100/30/110 guy for about 5-6 years

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

Tino Martinez, Bobby Abreu and Magglio Ordonez are the first ones to come to mind.

From 1995-2001 Tino was a premier RBI producer. Abreu was always one of my favorite players to draft. Was a steady contributor in every category for 14/15 years. Was an absolute monster in OBP leagues and had double digit steals for 16 (16!) years straight.

Edited by Cheppy
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Tino Martinez, Bobby Abreu and Magglio Ordonez are the first ones to come to mind.

From 1995-2001 Tino was a premier RBI producer. Abreu was always one of my favorite players to draft. Was a steady contributor in every category for 14/15 years. Was an absolute monster in OBP leagues and had double digit steals for 16 (16!) years straight.

Loved Magglio and Abreu also.  Abreu when he use to swipe 40 bags was such a fantasy star.

Vince Coleman.  3 straight 100 steal seasons.  Yeah, they ran more back then, but come on.  Decent average, sometimes an excellent OBP.  Weak in HR and RBI, great in runs.  I wonder where he was drafted back then?  

1987: .289/.363 3hr 43rbi 121r 109SB.  

Where would that line be drafted today?  Maybe you could modify it since SBs are less common, but power is up too.  So he might be like 6/70.  

1b giambi, howard, prince, pronk,  sd agon, morneau, tex (probably HOF) the glory days of 1b now we stuck with trash 1b and 20 good ss

crawford TB days were gold

hanley marlin days (uggla as well)

prime peavy, lincecum, webb, haren,

pujols rolen edmonds stl stack was dirty

whenever sheets and harden were healthy

3 years of arrieta

joey bats, edwin, donaldson combo was nice

j ham

lbc connection longo, tulo. weaver

forgot cutch

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

my favorite random fantasy season ever, 2000 Richard Hidalgo.  .314 avg, 44 homers, 122 RBIs, 118 runs, 13 SBs, 1000+ ops.  

this is exactly what came to mind for me.  Must have been one of my first years ever playing fantasy baseball and he carried me to a title.

1 hour ago, GamblorLA said:

He was looking like a real HOF.  5.6, 7.9, 6.4 and 7.4 win seasons.  He's only 37 right now!

I can still see him crashing into that wall.  Damn shame.  One of the best that rarely gets mentioned in that context