NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

On 9/20/2020 at 4:20 PM, PisEdiRin said:

He has a clear path to being the overall QB1

But he won't, and he doesn't?. He will end up a QB1, where he was being drafted. Top 5, sure. He was #6 last year. He will end up around the same, like last year. 

You and your takes have gotten quite the reactions around here, and bravo for realizing that hot takes is the bread and butter of what and how polarizing narratives and spun. You might even be somewhat decent at trolling, based on the reactions that you're getting around here. But he will not finish as the QB1 overall. Prior to these last 2 games, he has never, ever passed for over 300 yards. Ever. He's broken that streak with these last 2 historic game, against piss awful defenses. Please pm if you're down for a prop bet held in escrow for the field versus Allen for the QB1 rank (standard scoring). lol. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

But he won't, and he doesn't?. He will end up a QB1, where he was being drafted. Top 5, sure. He was #6 last year. He will end up around the same, like last year. 

You and your takes have gotten quite the reactions around here, and bravo for realizing that hot takes is the bread and butter of what and how polarizing narratives and spun. You might even be somewhat decent at trolling, based on the reactions that you're getting around here. But he will not finish as the QB1 overall. Prior to these last 2 games, he has never, ever passed for over 300 yards. Ever. He's broken that streak with these last 2 historic game, against piss awful defenses. Please pm if you're down for a prop bet held in escrow for the field versus Allen for the QB1 rank (standard scoring). lol. 

Ok so, if Russell Wilson finishes as QB1 and Josh Allen finishes as QB2...that makes me an idiot because I was off by 1 spot?

Let's say Allen finishes as the QB3 just behind the Top 2 QBs (but not by much)...was I really that far off?

My point is this: Allen will finish in the ballpark of Overall QB1, with a clear path of finishing as THE QB1, depending on how much he chooses to run with the football.

And also - Why does he need to have to throw for 300 yards to be the QB1? He might throw for 270 and rush for 100 in some games. Rushing is more valuable than Passing for QBs in Fantasy.

4 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

And also - Why does he need to have to throw for 300 yards to be the QB1? He might throw for 270 and rush for 100 in some games. Rushing is more valuable than Passing for QBs in Fantasy.

Ding ding ding ding ding.

Josh Allen is very valuable (when playing against terrible teams) in fantasy because he runs for 60 yards and a TD pretty often.  How valuable is that in real life?  Somewhat valuable, naturally, but not especially important.

Wait until he performs against a competent defense before crowning him.

• Haha 1

When Allen starts and finishes a game, Bills are 17-9.

Conversely, when Allen doesn't start or finish a game, Bills are 1-7.

This dude is getting $35-40 Million Per Year on his next contract. If I'm Josh Allen's agent, I'm asking for Deshaun Watson money.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ding ding ding ding ding.

Josh Allen is very valuable (when playing against terrible teams) in fantasy because he runs for 60 yards and a TD pretty often.  How valuable is that in real life?  Somewhat valuable, naturally, but not especially important.

Wait until he performs against a competent defense before crowning him.

Lmao keep moving the goal posts on this kid... It's so funny watching people stick to their predraft takes throughout a players career and not being able to admit how wrong they are...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Ok so, if Russell Wilson finishes as QB1 and Josh Allen finishes as QB2...that makes me an idiot because I was off by 1 spot?

Let's say Allen finishes as the QB3 just behind the Top 2 QBs (but not by much)...was I really that far off?

My point is this: Allen will finish in the ballpark of Overall QB1, with a clear path of finishing as THE QB1, depending on how much he chooses to run with the football.

Last year's QB1 and QB2 was separated by 75 points (standard scoring). From 1 to 3, it was 86. For context, this was Lamar's historic season, but going even back one season, to 2018, the gap between 1 and 2 was still 68, and the gap between 1 and 3 was 75. So on that one spot issue, recent history dictates it's actually very material, and matters. 

Second, nobody called you an idiot; and you're the one changing the goal post. I already said he's going to be a top 5/6 QB, most likely coming in or behind Mahomes/Jackson/Russ/Murray/Dak. The point made about his 300 yard games was to highlight how he's historically inaccurate, and not someone who you can count on for these gaudy passing stats the past 2 weeks. Once he settles into his 190 yards passing, 1 TD kind of games, there are going to be a ton of ebb and flow, which will normalize as the season progresses. Without being able to throw for 4500 or so yards with 40  TDs (which is what I think he'll need to be the overall QB1), he would need 1000 yards on the ground, which I also don't think he will achieve. 

Now is he great value? Yes. He was taken in most drafts around rounds 9/10. Where Matt Ryan and Ryan Tannehill were taken. QB is absolutely stacked this year, and while Allen is a major plus right now, most QBs floating on the WW in 12-14 man leagues are also amazing, relative value to how the position was being drafted, and that it really isn't some amazing, god-inspiring thing that Josh Allen is the QB1 overall right now.

If he keeps it up for 16 games, sure, I eat crow and I'm wrong. PMs are always open and will be glad to keep my wager up all season if you're interested. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Now is he great value? Yes. He was taken in most drafts around rounds 9/10. Where Matt Ryan and Ryan Tannehill were taken. QB is absolutely stacked this year, and while Allen is a major plus right now, most QBs floating on the WW in 12-14 man leagues are also amazing, relative value to how the position was being drafted,

The difference from Allen QB2 to QB12 is 20 points... Slip down further to WW fodder and you are talking a 30+ point gap doubling guys up. Nope sorry. 

My season sucks but at least I have had this guy every year and have been in love ever since.  Like asking the cheerleader out and her admitting she had a crush on you too.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:00 PM, Sternes said:

Know who he reminds me of?  Randall Cunningham.

Edited by Sternes
1 minute ago, StevieStats said:

The difference from Allen QB2 to QB12 is 20 points... Slip down further to WW fodder and you are talking a 30+ point gap doubling guys up. Nope sorry. 

It's been 2 games. The context and point here is to extrapolate this over the season. You're taking the stance this this continues, which we can both agree that it won't. If it does, okay, then I'm wrong. Variance matters here. Guys like Minshew and Tannehill and even Burrow have been on fire coming out of the gate. The Ryan Tannehill thread is dead quiet, and he actually has had a history of success prior to this season. 

Most people also don't play in two QB leagues, so the WW fodder guys are irrelevant, for the most part. My point is that the argument that Josh Allen is a league winner is very premature. I am not saying he's trash (I think he'll finish as a top 5/6 QB, which is very good to elite). In fact, I am calling him a VERY good fantasy QB. But QB1 overall good? After 2 games? C'mon. I'm simply pointing out how when presented with a logical argument, PisEdiRin resorts to goal post moving (he's done this in other threads), red herrings, and all sorts of logical fallacies that poor debaters and trolls resort to when they're called out on their BS lol. Dealing with people like Pis is simple; you present rock solid arguments and wait for them to read, and never acknowledge. 

49 minutes ago, Sternes said:

My season sucks but at least I have had this guy every year and have been in love ever since.  Like asking the cheerleader out and her admitting she had a crush on you too.

ha!  Did you quote yourself from last year???   Cunningham and Allen have one very obvious difference in their game. 

He's so good, that after the Saquon injury, I have the luxury of shipping Lamar Jackson off for a top-tier RB knowing that I won't have a drop-off at the QB position.

Easily a top 5 QB ROS.

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

100% agree with you on the guy’s takes. Noticed a few of those takes went missing in the Fournette thread after he blew up this week. Not sure if how that’s even possible but some of the posts of his I was previously quoting have now mysteriously vanished.

5 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Should probably add that I fully believe in Allen’s talent this year and moving forward but QB1 is a pipe dream in my opinion. Top 5? Sure. But no way this guy is ahead of Wilson, Mahomes or Jackson. However, the value where you drafted him is likely better than those three guys.

Hell, Cam was a LATE round pick in most leagues and look what that guy is going. It’s only been two weeks but the return on investment for Allen this year is looking extremely promising, especially with that high floor/high ceiling.

12 minutes ago, mmb0163 said:

100% agree with you on the guy’s takes. Noticed a few of those takes went missing in the Fournette thread after he blew up this week. Not sure if how that’s even possible but some of the posts of his I was previously quoting have now mysteriously vanished.

You sure? That dude is a clown and is wrong just as much as everyone else if not more, but he needs to be called out hardcore when he is because of how insanely obnoxious he is

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, mmb0163 said:

Should probably add that I fully believe in Allen’s talent this year and moving forward but QB1 is a pipe dream in my opinion. Top 5? Sure. But no way this guy is ahead of Wilson, Mahomes or Jackson. However, the value where you drafted him is likely better than those three guys.

Hell, Cam was a LATE round pick in most leagues and look what that guy is going. It’s only been two weeks but the return on investment for Allen this year is looking extremely promising, especially with that high floor/high ceiling.

you wouldve said the same thing about lamar last year after two games.  And mahomes two years ago.  Its absolutely in the realm of possibility that allen finished qb1.  Those other guys have better odds sure. But its ridiculous to say that its impossible. 

I’m not saying it’s impossible because it absolutely isn’t. That argument is different though because you are comparing a 3rd year player to two rookies (or first year starters) in your scenario. 

RG3 was gods gift to earth after his first season and look where he is now. Don’t get me wrong, I fully believe Allen is a stud but his situation is nowhere near the 3 QBs that I listed above. If you put him on one of those teams then maybe it’s a different conversation but the talent is no where near what those other players have.

4 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

It's been 2 games. The context and point here is to extrapolate this over the season. You're taking the stance this this continues, which we can both agree that it won't. If it does, okay, then I'm wrong. Variance matters here. Guys like Minshew and Tannehill and even Burrow have been on fire coming out of the gate. The Ryan Tannehill thread is dead quiet, and he actually has had a history of success prior to this season. 

Most people also don't play in two QB leagues, so the WW fodder guys are irrelevant, for the most part. My point is that the argument that Josh Allen is a league winner is very premature. I am not saying he's trash (I think he'll finish as a top 5/6 QB, which is very good to elite). In fact, I am calling him a VERY good fantasy QB. But QB1 overall good? After 2 games? C'mon. I'm simply pointing out how when presented with a logical argument, PisEdiRin resorts to goal post moving (he's done this in other threads), red herrings, and all sorts of logical fallacies that poor debaters and trolls resort to when they're called out on their BS lol. Dealing with people like Pis is simple; you present rock solid arguments and wait for them to read, and never acknowledge. 

Of course it's premature it's week 2 but that's all you got to work with right now he's way beyond thoseguys you've mentioned and people are taking about the talent coming together and developing. He has the tools to be a league winner and so far he's shown it. Of course you got 14 games to go but no doubt this kid had been one of the best fantasy football producers and values in this young season.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, Soafanforlife said:

Its been more than two games lol. Allen was the 6th highest scoring fantasy QB last season, with garbage WRs and a suspect O line. He actually has a top 10 WR to throw to now. Hes easily a top 5 fantasy QB this year. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1