NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

People still wont take him seriously because the narrative he acquired last season wasnt a good one, and people still have a hard time taking the bills seriously

What narrative? If anything he got too much flak because he played at Wyoming.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

What narrative? If anything he got too much flak because he played at Wyoming.

The narrative about how his accuracy will never make him an elite qb

Edited by Chippa
6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Too early to call him an elite QB unless your talking fantasy ofc. I think people didnt give him the benefit of the doubt that he can improve.

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Anyone who knows the difference between Fantasy and real NFL, knows that turnovers don't really matter for fantasy production. See Jameis Winston 2019.

5 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

Anyone who knows the difference between Fantasy and real NFL, knows that turnovers don't really matter for fantasy production. See Jameis Winston 2019.

Allen rarely turns the ball over. 0 Red Zone INTs in his NFL career. 9 total INTs all of last year. 0 INTs this year.

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

Too early to call him an elite QB unless your talking fantasy ofc. I think people didnt give him the benefit of the doubt that he can improve.

It's not too early at all. Josh Allen is an elite QB. Right now. In real life and Fantasy.

• Like 3
Just now, PisEdiRin said:

Another 4th quarter Game Winning Drive for Allen.

CROWN THE KID!

He is the MAN! 

but he'll never get that MVP because the mediaz has a major effin' hard on for St. Russell 

and that's bullchit, Allen is playing better.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 9/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, Soafanforlife said:

But he won't, and he doesn't?. He will end up a QB1, where he was being drafted. Top 5, sure. He was #6 last year. He will end up around the same, like last year. 

You and your takes have gotten quite the reactions around here, and bravo for realizing that hot takes is the bread and butter of what and how polarizing narratives and spun. You might even be somewhat decent at trolling, based on the reactions that you're getting around here. But he will not finish as the QB1 overall. Prior to these last 2 games, he has never, ever passed for over 300 yards. Ever. He's broken that streak with these last 2 historic game, against piss awful defenses. Please pm if you're down for a prop bet held in escrow for the field versus Allen for the QB1 rank (standard scoring). lol. 

Why do you say "he won't, and he doesn't" like it's a 100% certainty?

He's the QB1. Sorry dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Josh Allen: 3-0

Deshaun Watson: 0-3

If I'm Josh Allen's agent, I'm using Deshaun Watson's contract as the Floor. Not a penny less. Allen deserves more than Deshaun Watson money, at this point.

I would push for that money as well but I wouldn’t compare their records.

texans went up against the top 3 teams in the afc (kc, Baltimore, Pitt).

Bills did beat the rams but they also beat two garbage teams (Miami and New York).

6 hours ago, Evincar said:

I think was his point that his point was more that he is an accurate passer and his accuracy is greatly improved -- he's playing elite the first 3 weeks, but more so he's showing outstanding accuracy such haters said would never change.

Allen has such a strong arm he doesn't need to set his feet to reach his target, but that developed some bad habits with his feet that hindered consistent accuracy, especially with his mobility and running for his life. He is now much more consistent setting his feet (or resetting) and thus his naturally accurate arm is shining through. The reason GMs drooled over him is because it was his feet -- not his arm -- that they needed to fix.

He's also a very sharp and dedicated player. His mental ability as a QB keeps improving by leaps and bounds. Which is also contributing to his efficiency this year. His battle moving forward will be trying not to do too much which he tends to do sometimes although less and less.

It's a joy to watch him flourish and comical watching the haters move the goal posts (not you just saying).

5 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Why do you say "he won't, and he doesn't" like it's a 100% certainty?

He's the QB1. Sorry dude.

So I watched this game since my Rams were playing and Allen played lights out. The Bills as a whole look great, and they're poised for a great season. I will reiterate that he's going to remain elite, and be very good for all owners who drafted him. My original point(s) were that you speak in hyperboles and absolutes (which makes your comments on my comments ironic or unironic, depending on your view), and that he won't end up the QB1 overall this season. If I'm wrong, I'll be wrong, but this has been taking away too much from this thread and I'm just going to leave it at that. 

I do appreciate you holding me accountable and for the one league's sake that I own him, I do hope he continues to ball out. 

He is a lot of fun to watch. He is looking like one of the best draft values. He probably won’t finish as the overall QB1, but it’s not out of the question. Other than maybe Wilson, Lamar and Mahomes, there isn’t another QB I’d rather have on my fantasy team.

If there is one criticism about him, he needs to keep two hands on the football when he scrambles. He’s had fumble problems, and today he nearly had a second fumble. Numerous times in the game he has defenders all around him and he’s just holding the ball out there with one hand.

Other than that, he is awesome.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

A little bit of Brett Favre

+

A little bit of John Elway

A little bit of Big Ben

....except he's Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Smarter, and has Better Arm Talent than all those guys.

Josh Allen is the prototypical NFL QB in Year 2020 and beyond. He can do EVERYTHING on the football field. If you were to create the new-age QB in a lab, it would be Josh Allen. He is perfect for today's NFL game. He's a machine. He's a juggernaut. He's generational. He's transcendent. He can strap an entire football team onto his back and carry them to the promised land.

His agent needs to secure the bag for him. If Allen gets 1 penny less than what Deshaun Watson got, his agent failed him. Watson can't even win a football game. I better see $40+ Million Per Year on his next contract. He deserves all of it, and then some.

These next 15 years are going to be fun as hell. Sit back and enjoy the 1st ballot HOF career, enjoy the Championships (plural) that are coming to Buffalo.

Go Josh Allen and Go Bills!!! (This is coming from a Giants fan)

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

A little bit of Brett Favre

+

A little bit of John Elway

A little bit of Big Ben

....except he's Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Smarter, and has Better Arm Talent than all those guys.

Josh Allen is the prototypical NFL QB in Year 2020 and beyond. He can do EVERYTHING on the football field. If you were to create the new-age QB in a lab, it would be Josh Allen. He is perfect for today's NFL game. He's a machine. He's a juggernaut. He's generational. He's transcendent. He can strap an entire football team onto his back and carry them to the promised land.

His agent needs to secure the bag for him. If Allen gets 1 penny less than what Deshaun Watson got, his agent failed him. Watson can't even win a football game. I better see $40+ Million Per Year on his next contract. He deserves all of it, and then some.

These next 15 years are going to be fun as hell. Sit back and enjoy the 1st ballot HOF career, enjoy the Championships (plural) that are coming to Buffalo.

Go Josh Allen and Go Bills!!! (This is coming from a Giants fan)

It would be hilarious to see Buffalo go to 4 superbowls in a row and lose all 4 again.

• Like 2