NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

As of now, this is supposed to be a bad weather game with high winds. I trust Allen & the Bills to finally shut the door on the Pats hold on the AFCE, but it could be a low scoring affair.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

I think New England struggled to stop the run last week against maybe the best running team in the NFL in San Fran.  But they still throttled JimmyG to the tune of 200 yards passing, no TDs, and two picks.  New England's secondary is exceptional and they are really adept at disguising coverages to confuse young, unsophisticated QBs like Josh Allen.

And Buffalo may be the very worst running team in the NFL.  So I do not expect a repeat of last week.  More like Buffalo's the performance against the Jets, but with fewer field goals and more interceptions.  

29 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

As of now, this is supposed to be a bad weather game with high winds. I trust Allen & the Bills to finally shut the door on the Pats hold on the AFCE, but it could be a low scoring affair.

[...]

I think if the weather holds up I will bench him. Might be another KC type of game. Between the weather, his last few games and the total being the lowest for week 8, I think looking elsewhere is fine. If you don’t have anyone, I think Allen is  still a fairly safe option. 

On a positive note, looks like Brown will be back.

18 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think New England struggled to stop the run last week against maybe the best running team in the NFL in San Fran.  But they still throttled JimmyG to the tune of 200 yards passing, no TDs, and two picks.  New England's secondary is exceptional and they are really adept at disguising coverages to confuse young, unsophisticated QBs like Josh Allen.

And Buffalo may be the very worst running team in the NFL.  So I do not expect a repeat of last week.  More like Buffalo's the performance against the Jets, but with fewer field goals and more interceptions.  

And you would agree that makes Allen's job as a QB much more difficult, no?

Not only do they have the worst RB Running Game in the NFL, they also have BY FAR the worst TEs in the NFL.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well your special, transcendent player just failed to get his team into the end zone against the Jets.  And Allen is about to get exposed yet again against New England in a few days' time.

But keep returning to this thread with your promotional materials generated by pro-Bills blogs.  Your entries are quite amusing.

He had a TD called back vs the Jets, and was robbed of another TD due to Kroft slipping and falling on his way to the end zone. Watch the game.

Bills Offense around Allen:

- Bottom 1 TEs

- Bottom 3 RBs, if not Bottom 1

- Bottom 15 O-Line

Allen is carrying this team right now with minimal help around him.

The Bills should use their 1st 2 draft picks in 2021 on the Best RB and Best TE available. 

The Bills need a #1 TE and a #1 RB. 

For Allen to be an MVP candidate without a true #1 RB AND #1 TE is just remarkable. 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 2

I’m staying away from him this week. Going to be high winds and looks like some rain. Could be the KC game all over again. Don’t see them having to push the ball down field a lot as I doubt this will get into a high scoring game.

30 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

And you would agree that makes Allen's job as a QB much more difficult, no?

Not only do they have the worst RB Running Game in the NFL, they also have BY FAR the worst TEs in the NFL.

Yes, completely agree.  A strong running game would be a huge help to Josh Allen.  Not exactly sure why they are having such a tough time in 2020.  Line play, TE play, lack of talent in RB, combination of all three things?

28 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

For Allen to be an MVP candidate without a true #1 RB AND #1 TE is just remarkable. 

There was some talk of Josh Allen as an MVP candidate after the first three weeks or so but it has died down considerably since then.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

I think if the weather holds up I will bench him. Might be another KC type of game. Between the weather, his last few games and the total being the lowest for week 8, I think looking elsewhere is fine. If you don’t have anyone, I think Allen is  still a fairly safe option. 

On a positive note, looks like Brown will be back.

Last time I benched him over weather concerns he put up 40 pts. Maybe the wind improves his accuracy plus NE has a history of struggling vs running qbs

3 hours ago, philnutz said:

Last time I benched him over weather concerns he put up 40 pts. Maybe the wind improves his accuracy plus NE has a history of struggling vs running qbs

New England has a history of tricking young QBs with coverage disguises.  And they have a history of beating Josh Allen.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes, completely agree.  A strong running game would be a huge help to Josh Allen.  Not exactly sure why they are having such a tough time in 2020.  Line play, TE play, lack of talent in RB, combination of all three things?

I think they are just bad at running the ball. 

But what about the sideways wind and rain? Pretty similar forecast to the KC game, maybe even worst. I agree though, if not for the weather he would be a must start. I think they are calling for gusts up to 40 mph. I’m not one to overreact to weather, but it’s very hard to play QB in rain and big wind.

The total in Vegas has been dropping all week, down to 41. Lowest total of the week. I typically trust Vegas, as they actually have huge money being played on the game, whereas so called experts are just throwing speculation.

Edited by LionKid90
2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Watching Allen of late reminds me of Jameis in the sense that you pucker up each time he drops back. Never know if he’s going to get picked, make a dumb throw, hold the ball too long and get sacked or throw a 50-yard TD

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him.

These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Watching Allen of late reminds me of Jameis in the sense that you pucker up each time he drops back. Never know if he’s going to get picked, make a dumb throw, hold the ball too long and get sacked or throw a 50-yard TD

Watching Allen reminds me he’s special and nothing like Jameis whatsoever. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him.

These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

ive been a Bills fan for entire life. Never been this excited about a QB since Kelly but we can’t dismiss the faCt his numbers of late mirror 2019. So which is it? Is he in a funk or was the start of this year a mirage?

On 10/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, PisEdiRin said:

He had a TD called back vs the Jets, and was robbed of another TD due to Kroft slipping and falling on his way to the end zone. Watch the game.

Bills Offense around Allen:

- Bottom 1 TEs

- Bottom 3 RBs, if not Bottom 1

- Bottom 15 O-Line

Allen is carrying this team right now with minimal help around him.

The Bills should use their 1st 2 draft picks in 2021 on the Best RB and Best TE available. 

The Bills need a #1 TE and a #1 RB. 

RBs Dont matter. Oline 70% QB 15% scheme 10% Whatever else  5%

In addition to Gilmore’s injury. JC Jackson has been limited with a knee injury as well. Weather is looking promising with less than 20 mph winds and mid 40 degrees at kickoff. Pats are looking vulnerable at linebacker which hampers the whole defense.  Get right game for Allen with John Brown getting healthy. 

On 10/31/2020 at 10:14 AM, skedssays said:

In addition to Gilmore’s injury. JC Jackson has been limited with a knee injury as well. Weather is looking promising with less than 20 mph winds and mid 40 degrees at kickoff. Pats are looking vulnerable at linebacker which hampers the whole defense.  Get right game for Allen with John Brown getting healthy. 

Weather right now appears horrendous though