NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, peleincubus said:

I may be ignorant but I'm going to have a difficult time deciding on Allen or Goff week 16. Perhaps Allen finally truly ascends and proceeds to blow up and knock the Patriots out of the playoffs.

I'm in the same boat, Kirk Cousins actually looks pretty tasty right now too, but I'll probably just roll with Allen and leave those guys on waivers.

Edit: I meant for next week with Allen playing Pittsburgh

Edited by rigadoog
  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

On 12/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, PisEdiRin said:

In his NFL career thus far:

- Has never thrown a Pick 6

- Has never thrown an INT inside the Red Zone

He's the #1 Red Zone QB in Football (this is what wins games), and doesn't get enough credit for his decision making when it counts.

He fumbles a lot more than he throws picks, I'm not sure those stats mean a whole lot.

5 hours ago, rigadoog said:

He fumbles a lot more than he throws picks, I'm not sure those stats mean a whole lot.

Allen was credited with a fumble last night but it really should have gone to Zack Moss, Moss just botched the handoff. Won't get changed though, I believe the QB always gets the fumble if it happens during the handoff because they are the last player to have possession. 

8 hours ago, peleincubus said:

I may be ignorant but I'm going to have a difficult time deciding on Allen or Goff week 16. Perhaps Allen finally truly ascends and proceeds to blow up and knock the Patriots out of the playoffs.

Pats D has looked good recently. I think if Allen gets you to week 16 you ride him though

Allen has usually struggled against New England but he has really looked good recently.  Pittsburgh will be a tough test as well.  

The 49ers without Bosa and Solomon Thomas did not pose much of a threat last night.  But, to his credit, Allen carved them up like Christmas ham.

26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Allen has usually struggled against New England but he has really looked good recently.  Pittsburgh will be a tough test as well.  

The 49ers without Bosa and Solomon Thomas did not pose much of a threat last night.  But, to his credit, Allen carved them up like Christmas ham.

I think week 14 vs Pitt scares me more and is more likely to be an Allen down game, which may make week 16 irrelevant for his owners. Pitt is going to be pissed after losing their first game and in a dogfight for that 1st round bye. 

• Like 2

Allen is going to hang 3 touchdowns at minimum on Pittsburgh. Their linebackers are toast, their pass rush has been beat up and the WFT exposed weaknesses that the Bills will take advantage of. Don't bench Allen.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, rigadoog said:

I'm in the same boat, Kirk Cousins actually looks pretty tasty right now too, but I'll probably just roll with Allen and leave those guys on waivers.

Edit: I meant for next week with Allen playing Pittsburgh

Don’t over think it! Pitt lost Dupree, Haden may be concussed, another LB got hurt and Allen may do well even if all of them were healthy. Unless you have another comparable talent (based on this this season’s performance) Allen is an easy call for me. I thought he would have trouble against SF and boy was I wrong about that! He may have saved my season last night. In my lineup he stays😁

• Thanks 1

I want to talk about Pittsburgh's "elite defense."  The numbers are impressive.  But let's look beyond the box score and what we'll see is a team that has played perhaps the worst collection in the history of the NFL.

Week 1.  Pittsburgh opens in New York against Danny Dimes.  Jones has thrown just 8 TD passes vs. 9 INT this season.  He still puts up 2 TDs against the Steel Curtain.
Week 2.  Can it get any worse?  Yes, Jeff Driskel comes to town!  He still hangs 256 yards and 2 TDs on Pittsburgh.
Week 3.  Deshaun Watson can play.  He goes for 264 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 5.  Coming off the bye, Pittsburgh gets Carson Wentz, who has recently been fired from his job.  258 yards, 2 TD.
Week 6.  The jury is still out on Baker Mayfield although he's been hot lately.  He has an abysmal game in Week 6.  (Wasn't this a terrible weather game?)
Week 7.  Tannehill.  He can ball when asked, although the team favors the run.  220 and 2 TDs.
Week 8.  Lamar Jackson.  My thoughts on his ability as a passer are well documented.  208 and 2 TDs.

From Weeks 9 through 13, then, Pittsburgh goes on to face was has to be the worst five-game stretch of QBs I've ever seen: Garrett Gilbert, Joe Burrow, Jake Luton, the Trace McSorley/RG3 combo pack, and Alex Smith.  At the beginning of the season, I could not have even told you any of these guys were in the league still other than Burrow and Smith.  These jokers sucked big time, but prior to Week 9, every game but one featured 2 passing TDs against the PIT defense.  Part of that, to be sure, is garbage time as Pittsburgh is usually ahead.  But a QB can have a nice day against this squad.  And now they're on a short week.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

I want to talk about Pittsburgh's "elite defense."  The numbers are impressive.  But let's look beyond the box score and what we'll see is a team that has played perhaps the worst collection in the history of the NFL.

Week 1.  Pittsburgh opens in New York against Danny Dimes.  Jones has thrown just 8 TD passes vs. 9 INT this season.  He still puts up 2 TDs against the Steel Curtain.
Week 2.  Can it get any worse?  Yes, Jeff Driskel comes to town!  He still hangs 256 yards and 2 TDs on Pittsburgh.
Week 3.  Deshaun Watson can play.  He goes for 264 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 5.  Coming off the bye, Pittsburgh gets Carson Wentz, who has recently been fired from his job.  258 yards, 2 TD.
Week 6.  The jury is still out on Baker Mayfield although he's been hot lately.  He has an abysmal game in Week 6.  (Wasn't this a terrible weather game?)
Week 7.  Tannehill.  He can ball when asked, although the team favors the run.  220 and 2 TDs.
Week 8.  Lamar Jackson.  My thoughts on his ability as a passer are well documented.  208 and 2 TDs.

From Weeks 9 through 13, then, Pittsburgh goes on to face was has to be the worst five-game stretch of QBs I've ever seen: Garrett Gilbert, Joe Burrow, Jake Luton, the Trace McSorley/RG3 combo pack, and Alex Smith.  At the beginning of the season, I could not have even told you any of these guys were in the league still other than Burrow and Smith.  These jokers sucked big time, but prior to Week 9, every game but one featured 2 passing TDs against the PIT defense.  Part of that, to be sure, is garbage time as Pittsburgh is usually ahead.  But a QB can have a nice day against this squad.  And now they're on a short week.

All good points. They also lost Bud Dupree a couple weeks back. 

21 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Games this week is forecasted as cold, rain and high winds. Is Allen a cannot start? 

I'm seeing weather is bad Saturday but rain should be clearing up by Sunday night. Not that cold(32 degree low). Yeah showing gusts of 29 mph but that's not awful. If those are the gusts normal wind that night will be less. Joshy has been in Buffalo almost 3 years now and played college ball in Wyoming. I think he should just sack up

17 minutes ago, typh00n2k said:

probably starting brady over him, no thanks to a pissed off pitt team. Plus brady matchup wayyy better

That Pittsburgh D is in tatters right now... And he just shredded one of the most highly regarded D Coordinators in the league on the road... But i get it... Brady off a bye vs Min is juicy.

Love the 5-man OL configuration they used in the 49ers game

LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ike Boettger

C Mitch Morse

RG Jon Feliciano

RT Daryl Williams

Big massive long wide-body Guards and Tackles. This is the best possible Pass Blocking unit the Bills have. Beautiful pockets created by these guys. Everybody is a better Pass blocker than Run blocker. I was very impressed with the UDFA 6'6" LG Boettger rewatching the tape; he's a keeper. They finally got liability RG Brian Winters out of the lineup. If they stick with this OL the rest of the way, Allen will dominate.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, typh00n2k said:

probably starting brady over him, no thanks to a pissed off pitt team

:lol:

Stillers were supposedly "pissed off" after the Ravens game due to Marble Mouf Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Moosh Mouf Mike") ripping them a new one, and saying they "SUCKED!" 

how'd that work out against the team formerly coined as the Washington Indigenous Peoples? 🤔

PissburG are a paper tiger, will easily slide down to the 2 or 3 seed, and be a one and done in the playoffs. 

it's astonishing to see so many still swingin' from that buffoon Tomlin's nutz - 

tl;dr - THE STILLERS ARE NOT SCARY SO START THIS KID WITH CONFIDENCE! 

The weather here isn't going to be as bad as they say. It's supposed to be windy as hell early tomorrow and subside by the evening. Today is wet and mild with some more rain later. For Buffalo, this is practically summertime. Allen played at Wyoming. It's not going to be an issue.