NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

On 12/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, hoppychokes said:

Wouldn’t that be balanced out by more Allen runs? 

This right here.  Allen is almost one of the safest starts due to the running.  Even in bad weather he has a safe floor becuase he will get more ground touches and will still be goal line back for the most part

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

I assume this is fair to discuss on the Allen thread.  The Dawson Knox fumble from last night's game..........I really felt like Knox never had the ball, and that should've been ruled an interception since it didn't hit the ground.    A stat correction here would actually swing a matchup in a league I run (though not my matchup) so this might be an interesting week.

28 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I assume this is fair to discuss on the Allen thread.  The Dawson Knox fumble from last night's game..........I really felt like Knox never had the ball, and that should've been ruled an interception since it didn't hit the ground.    A stat correction here would actually swing a matchup in a league I run (though not my matchup) so this might be an interesting week.

What is there to discuss?  Knox had possession and took multiple steps.  It was clearly a fumble. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

What is there to discuss?  Knox had possession and took multiple steps.  It was clearly a fumble. 

I am wondering if Allen could get an interception tacked on to his numbers.  Is there much chance the NFL will change it, or can it change it since the call was a fumble?   From time time sacks and stuff get changed.  Does the NFL ever change things like this? 

He never had that ball and that is 100% an interception, but I don't expect it to be changed retroactively. I don't remember a player ever being assigned a turnover in retrospect.

Watching that vid again (thanks for embedding)..........I feel like it is one of those "call on the field stands" type of things.   I also can picture a world in which they give Josh Allen the star power call and don't add a bad stat for him

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Watching that vid again (thanks for embedding)..........I feel like it is one of those "call on the field stands" type of things.   I also can picture a world in which they give Josh Allen the star power call and don't add a bad stat for him

Yeah it's really a tough call and I think you can make a case for either. A different referee might have called it differently on the day, but I think there's not enough clear evidence to overturn it, so my guess (like you) is that it will stand.

3 hours ago, cgu112 said:

looked like he had possession to me. Guess im in the minority with that. 

I believe that could have gone either way! Play stands as called! No reason to deliberate. It’s over and I am sure whoever reviewed it realized either way it was a turnover and left it as called. I would have🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought live Knox had possession and it was a fumble but it is close.  Here's a question though: did any ref throw a beanbag?  If a ref threw a beanbag, then the ref ruled it a fumble and I don't see the stat correctors being able to override that.

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

This is 100% a fumble in my opinion...not sure what everyone else is looking at. He clearly catches the ball, tucks it, and begins a stiff arm on the defender next to him. That's a fumble in my book.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mmb0163 said:

This is 100% a fumble in my opinion...not sure what everyone else is looking at. He clearly catches the ball, tucks it, and begins a stiff arm on the defender next to him. That's a fumble in my book.

I think the has to have both feet down and begin a football move. To me he has it with two feet down and begins to run, so I would say it is a fumble. But it won’t affect me so if it changes, so be it. I don’t think Allen deserves an int for that. 

On 12/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, Br0kenB said:

We're going to dog walk Denver, fire 'em up.

Sure hope so. I always felt a 40 burger incoming for him tonight. Broncos could help keep the points rolling to give Josh extra opportunities. At least I hope so, benched Herbert for my guy JA. 

50 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I'm skeptical because its a short week plus a cross country trip.   Feeling a relatively low scoring affair compared to most Bills games.   

Cross country?? Buffalo to Denver is 1,370 miles... Not much different than a flight to Miami which is 1,180 miles.

24 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Cross country?? Buffalo to Denver is 1,370 miles... Not much different than a flight to Miami which is 1,180 miles.

Eh, time zones and ****........altitude maybe?    I imagine the game plan is gonna be air attack of course, so we'll know right away.