NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

contemplating the bench this week

Diggs got banged up but if he misses a game its a no brainer

they are locked into the 3 seed

NE held him to a season low

Diggs is fine he came back out to celebrate.

We hate NE and would love to crush them.

We aren't locked into the third seed. You need to think about what 'locked into' means. If we lose and the titans win, the titans are third seed, then, we are looking at going to KC for the second game. We can try to avoid that. We beat the steelers and could potentially move to 2nd seed, which means if you win your first game you get homefield for the second game (not as big a deal this year but can't hurt) . If you bench I am sorry. He got you to the ship- and will probably win it for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Their previous game against New England was interesting because BB wanted them to throw the ball but the Bills just decided to run it all day. I'm guessing this game will be much different and we'll see the Bills throwing it a lot more.

27 minutes ago, pugowar said:

Diggs is fine he came back out to celebrate.

We hate NE and would love to crush them.

We aren't locked into the third seed. You need to think about what 'locked into' means. If we lose and the titans win, the titans are third seed, then, we are looking at going to KC for the second game. We can try to avoid that. We beat the steelers and could potentially move to 2nd seed, which means if you win your first game you get homefield for the second game (not as big a deal this year but can't hurt) . If you bench I am sorry. He got you to the ship- and will probably win it for you.

meh I have Herbert and Hurts, Allen didnt get me there, I think hes started 8 times for me

I am leaning Hurts

Edited by Golden Spikes

There is zero chance I'm benching this dude, and I'm willing to live with the consequences. Gilmore being out is huge. And getting John Brown back would be bigger. Bills seem like the type of team that would want to cement this season with a big win over a hated rival. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Bill Belichick is deadly vs young QBs... However, with the Pittsburgh loss the Bills are now in the driver seat for the 2 seed, which guarantees 2 home games of they win instead of 1 then at KC should they be the 3. They need to win.

Edited by StevieStats
8 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Bill Belichick is deadly vs young QBs... However, with the Pittsburgh loss the Bills are now in the driver seat for the 2 seed, which guarantees 2 home games of they win instead of 1 then at KC should they be the 3. They need to win.

yep never anticipated Pitt losing to Cincy

Bills need to win, however they could easily hold the Pats under 20

Worth noting since this is a MNF game-  Buffalo clinches 2nd seed with a win, a Colts win over Pittsburgh, and either a Titan loss to GB OR a Browns win over the Jets.  Most would bet on the Browns of course, and the Steelers don't look like they can beat anyone much less a cruising Colts team.

Buffalo gets to sit on the couch Sunday and possibly watch themselves have a fairly smooth road paved for them.  They can't set up a playoff bye week, but they can lock in a potential 2nd home playoff game, and maybe more importantly,get week 17 set up as a pseudo preseason game.  

On 12/21/2020 at 1:25 PM, sasnumberonefan said:

I guarantee you the Bills want to throttle the Patriots on national television next week. Regardless of the Pats already being eliminated, I think Allen is in for a huge game. Call it a changing of the guard statement in the AFC East. 

Yep

19 years of pent up anger about to be dealt on a hapless, overmatched team Monday night

For those playing against Allen I’d want to be up 35 points or so going in to feel safe

• Like 2
12 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Everyone says play Hurts over Josh Allen. I don’t think I have the nerve. I’m sure Bills and Bellicheck are both coming in with something to prove. 

Everyone? Lol.... Is everyone in the Chamionship? You are really going to bench a Top 3 QB for a guy who had 1 good game? And that 1 good game he didn't even outscore Allen last week 😆😆😆 

Anything can happen but this is beyond ridiculous IMO. Terrible terrible process there.

• Like 1
On 12/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, StevieStats said:

Everyone? Lol.... Is everyone in the Chamionship? You are really going to bench a Top 3 QB for a guy who had 1 good game? And that 1 good game he didn't even outscore Allen last week 😆😆😆 

Anything can happen but this is beyond ridiculous IMO. Terrible terrible process there.

Last week was Allen’s best week and in my league Hurts point total was slightly higher. I understand where you’re coming from but in my case it’s more involved. [...]

You are under estimating Hoody and who has been successful (to this point) in minimizing Allen’s output. Hurts has a better matchup, runs more (safer floor) similar and possibly higher ceiling based on results available. Easy call for me personally.

Only issue and it is a good one is lack of games played by Hurts. But, teams have no real book on how to stop him yet. That could change this week but typically it takes 5 or 6 games for teams to figure out a QB’s weakness’ and tendencies. Hoody knows J Allen!

So;;; I think it’s far from ridiculous! We’ll see! I think the Pats give Buffalo a battle!

Right or wrong, I have thought it out and am prepared to live with the consequences. I have no second thoughts about it! [...]

GL😊

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
12 hours ago, Deejay said:

Last week was Allen’s best week and in my league Hurts point total was slightly higher. I understand where you’re coming from but in my case it’s more involved. I am in a two week SB and am behind by 11 points. My opponent has Diggs.

You are under estimating Hoody and who has been successful (to this point) in minimizing Allen’s output. Hurts has a better matchup, runs more (safer floor) similar and possibly higher ceiling based on results available. Easy call for me personally.

Only issue and it is a good one is lack of games played by Hurts. But, teams have no real book on how to stop him yet. That could change this week but typically it takes 5 or 6 games for teams to figure out a QB’s weakness’ and tendencies. Hoody knows J Allen!

So;;; I think it’s far from ridiculous! We’ll see! I think the Pats give Buffalo a battle!

Right or wrong, I have thought it out and am prepared to live with the consequences. I have no second thoughts about it! [...]

GL😊

I get the concern with Allen, trust me... But Gilmore is out, that D is missing a lot of talent to injuries, and the Pats have nothing to play for. Weather is shaping up to be good too.

End of the day you are talking about benching a Top 3 player at his position for a rookie that's played like 2 games. That's bad process.

There's an adage that holds true in fantasy sports...

Good process + Good Results = Deserved Success

Good process + bad results = unlucky

Bad process + good results = lucky

Bad prices + bad results = deserved failure.

But hey it's your team, go ahead and bench a top 3 guy in the Championship...

• Like 1

I get the floor vs. ceiling play here in Hurts vs. Allen, but would never have the balls to start the rookie with two starts in a rivalry game vs. the third-year budding superstar who's the third overall QB this year and probably third in MVP voting as well. Hurts could very well hit his considerable ceiling, but the floor is scary for a championship matchup. And I'm saying as an Eagles fan who loves what I'm seeing from him right now.

Allen had a floor game against the Pats Week 8, (with Gilmore out then as well) but remember winds were gusting 25 MPH that day and it was wet and rainy, leading the Bills to attack the Pats weakness with the ground game. Monday night is supposed to be clear, no precip, with 6-7 MPH winds. Completely different scenario. I expect one of the most pass heavy to teams to revert back to that in this matchup, especially with John Brown back.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, USWAY said:

I get the floor vs. ceiling play here in Hurts vs. Allen, but would never have the balls to start the rookie with two starts in a rivalry game vs. the third-year budding superstar who's the third overall QB this year and probably third in MVP voting as well. Hurts could very well hit his considerable ceiling, but the floor is scary for a championship matchup. And I'm saying as an Eagles fan who loves what I'm seeing from him right now.

Allen had a floor game against the Pats Week 8, (with Gilmore out then as well) but remember winds were gusting 25 MPH that day and it was wet and rainy, leading the Bills to attack the Pats weakness with the ground game. Monday night is supposed to be clear, no precip, with 6-7 MPH winds. Completely different scenario. I expect one of the most pass heavy to teams to revert back to that in this matchup, especially with John Brown back.

And Gilmore out.

• Like 1

Feels good to be a year ahead of everyone else when drafting QBs. Gotta love the great season from Allen, but kind of bitter sweet since I (and probably most of us) most likely won't have him on our team again anytime soon.

Edited by Hero202
  • Like 4