NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He got first in my other yahoo league. See if this link works... 

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/92494/players?status=ALL&pos=O&cut_type=9&stat1=S_S_2020&myteam=0&sort=PTS&sdir=1

Ps. we have one opening for replacement manager in this league if anyone cares.

Though in that one we have small bonuses. 😀

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for a championship,  my friend! 80 point comeback FTW with just Diggs and you!

I truly believe he is the most talented and uniquely gifted QB / Football Player in the entire history of the NFL. We've never seen a total package like this, ever; he's a unicorn. He can do everythin

Just be honest you haven't watched a single snap of him. These canned prewritten takes from 2 years ago are old.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

What is a joke bonus league?

Any league that allows you to feel superior because your made up settings are better than their made up settings.

What are the concerns(if any) if Daboll ends up going to LA as the Head Coach, which looks likely.  From a fantasy perspective, can't have a better system for a QB.  They didn't run a designed play for an entire hald yesterday lol. 

August 2018: Ramsey calls the Bills rookie “trash”

In the now-infamous GQ Q&A in which he rated nearly every NFL quarterback, he had this to say about Allen:

I think [Buffalo Bills draft pick Josh] Allen is trash. I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I’m excited as hell. I hope he’s their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school—like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school.

Bills QB Josh Allen‘s response to the comments by Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey (he had not seen or heard them until asked): “He’s not on my team, he’s not my teammate. It doesn’t bother me.”

As first reported by NewYorkUpstate.com, at the request of a fan, Allen recently signed a photo by writing "Hey Ramsey... Am I still trash?" It didn't take long for Big Cat Country, SB Nation's Jaguars-specific website, to catch wind of the autographed photo and write up a story in which writer Ryan Day concluded that "yes," Allen is, in fact, still trash. Ramsey, seeing Big Cat Country's story on Twitter, decided to weigh in himself by thanking the site for answering Allen's question for him.

For good measure, Ramsey added "#YES."

Rams CB Jalen Ramsey on Bills QB Josh Allen: “He’s talented.”

L.A. CB softens stance on Bills QB after calling him trash in 2018
Eric D. Williams Updated:  Sep 26, 2020
10 minutes ago, Sternes said:

August 2018: Ramsey calls the Bills rookie “trash”

In the now-infamous GQ Q&A in which he rated nearly every NFL quarterback, he had this to say about Allen:

I think [Buffalo Bills draft pick Josh] Allen is trash. I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I’m excited as hell. I hope he’s their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school—like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school.

Bills QB Josh Allen‘s response to the comments by Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey (he had not seen or heard them until asked): “He’s not on my team, he’s not my teammate. It doesn’t bother me.”

As first reported by NewYorkUpstate.com, at the request of a fan, Allen recently signed a photo by writing "Hey Ramsey... Am I still trash?" It didn't take long for Big Cat Country, SB Nation's Jaguars-specific website, to catch wind of the autographed photo and write up a story in which writer Ryan Day concluded that "yes," Allen is, in fact, still trash. Ramsey, seeing Big Cat Country's story on Twitter, decided to weigh in himself by thanking the site for answering Allen's question for him.

For good measure, Ramsey added "#YES."

Rams CB Jalen Ramsey on Bills QB Josh Allen: “He’s talented.”

L.A. CB softens stance on Bills QB after calling him trash in 2018
Eric D. Williams Updated:  Sep 26, 2020

it's kind of disgusting the amount of trash he received for being a project rookie. Players and media were so relentless on him.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chippa said:

it's kind of disgusting the amount of trash he received for being a project rookie. Players and media were so relentless on him.

There is no such thing as project rookies anymore.  I have no idea why, but highly drafted QBs are supposed to come into the league and succeed right away.  I don't agree with it, but it's just the way it is.   Had Peyton Manning entered the league at any point in the last 5-10 years he would have been seen as a bust after his rookie season.  

Pat Mahomes has publicly said many times that his year behind Alex Smith is a large part of why he is the QB he is today.

Assuming Josh Allen does continue on this positive trend he will be just another example of why not all QBs can be cast aside after one rough year. 

I mean look at what they are trying to do to Tua down in Miami.  It used to be #TankForTua and now they are talking like he is the next Josh Rosen(another example of someone who was cast off after one bad year)

24 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

There is no such thing as project rookies anymore.  I have no idea why, but highly drafted QBs are supposed to come into the league and succeed right away.  I don't agree with it, but it's just the way it is.   Had Peyton Manning entered the league at any point in the last 5-10 years he would have been seen as a bust after his rookie season.  

Pat Mahomes has publicly said many times that his year behind Alex Smith is a large part of why he is the QB he is today.

Assuming Josh Allen does continue on this positive trend he will be just another example of why not all QBs can be cast aside after one rough year. 

I mean look at what they are trying to do to Tua down in Miami.  It used to be #TankForTua and now they are talking like he is the next Josh Rosen(another example of someone who was cast off after one bad year)

It's similar with Tua, but Tua's getting off a lot easier right now. Prob because he wasnt as bad as rookie Allen. but who knows

42 minutes ago, Chippa said:

It's similar with Tua, but Tua's getting off a lot easier right now. Prob because he wasnt as bad as rookie Allen. but who knows

Tua is way worse than rookie Allen

5 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

What are the concerns(if any) if Daboll ends up going to LA as the Head Coach, which looks likely.  From a fantasy perspective, can't have a better system for a QB.  They didn't run a designed play for an entire hald yesterday lol. 

Guess this isn’t a concern anymore for this coaching cycle

10 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Daboll is a product of Allen.

O so you're saying that Josh Allen is the one calling plays?  Allen is the one who has scripted the pass heavy offense and the designed runs for himself?  Got it. 

15 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

O so you're saying that Josh Allen is the one calling plays?  Allen is the one who has scripted the pass heavy offense and the designed runs for himself?  Got it. 

Yes, Allen makes audibles at the line and changes plays based on the defense. Correct. So yes, Allen is technically calling plays since he has the freedom to audible into whatever play he chooses. You know, kinda like what Tom Brady has been doing his whole career? Making audibles?

Hey, you're learning something!

You'll understand football one day. Keep it up.

Edited by PisEdiRin
6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yes, Allen makes audibles at the line and changes plays based on the defense. Correct. So yes, Allen is technically calling plays since he has the freedom to audible into whatever play he chooses. You know, kinda like what Tom Brady has been doing his whole career? Making audibles?

Hey, you're learning something!

You'll understand football one day. Keep it up.

So you're telling me that Josh Allen is calling audibles every single play?  That the last game he said screw it and audibled out of every single run in the first half so he could pass when in reality the OC was actually trying to do a balanced offense?  

3 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

So you're telling me that Josh Allen is calling audibles every single play?  That the last game he said screw it and audibled out of every single run in the first half so he could pass when in reality the OC was actually trying to do a balanced offense?  

Don't worry, you'll get there one day!

It's ok, football isn't easy for some people, like yourself.

You'll understand the game more as you go along.

Today, I taught you that Josh Allen calls audibles at the line based on how he reads the defense, and puts his team into the optimal play.

Brand new concept for a casual fan like yourself...I totally get it.

Total shocker for all the Josh Allen haters:

Josh Allen calls his own audibles at the Line of Scrimmage.

Josh Allen haters = mind blown.

Wow! Didn't know he did that! Wow!!!!

@PisEdiRin

So instead of answering my follow up with quotes from coaches/players, data, or any other type of proof that Allen is changing the plays at the line every single play(forget every time, even just a large majority of the time) you instead repeat the exact same thing you said on your last post and lower yourself to cheap middle school insults which basically tells me everything I need to know about the validity of your opinions and insight so I'm done with this conversation until you bring back tangible proof to the discussion.

As for the actual point of this conversation.   I haven't heard of Daboll being connected to any other jobs and I'm not sure if there are even any other jobs open except for the Texans disaster.   It's fair to wonder if the Bills success hurt him.  He will come out on fire trying to show teams why he should be a top coaching candidate in next year's cycle. 

From what I can see they have 2 offensive lineman that are free agents so the link might take a hit which will be something to watch, but his accuracy on the move this year was so improved compared to the first two years that it may not be as big of a deal as it might for other QBs. 

As far as in the division, I don't think the Jets will be improving much defensively.  The Patriots are always a tough scheme but I think talent wise they will focus on the offensive side of the ball.  The Dolphins are probably their toughest division defensive opponent and Allen had some big games against them last year. 

I think 2021 is looking very bright for Allen and co. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

@PisEdiRin

So instead of answering my follow up with quotes from coaches/players, data, or any other type of proof that Allen is changing the plays at the line every single play(forget every time, even just a large majority of the time) you instead repeat the exact same thing you said on your last post and lower yourself to cheap middle school insults which basically tells me everything I need to know about the validity of your opinions and insight so I'm done with this conversation until you bring back tangible proof to the discussion.

As for the actual point of this conversation.   I haven't heard of Daboll being connected to any other jobs and I'm not sure if there are even any other jobs open except for the Texans disaster.   It's fair to wonder if the Bills success hurt him.  He will come out on fire trying to show teams why he should be a top coaching candidate in next year's cycle. 

From what I can see they have 2 offensive lineman that are free agents so the link might take a hit which will be something to watch, but his accuracy on the move this year was so improved compared to the first two years that it may not be as big of a deal as it might for other QBs. 

As far as in the division, I don't think the Jets will be improving much defensively.  The Patriots are always a tough scheme but I think talent wise they will focus on the offensive side of the ball.  The Dolphins are probably their toughest division defensive opponent and Allen had some big games against them last year. 

I think 2021 is looking very bright for Allen and co. 

I've watched every snap of his NFL career. He changes plays and makes adjustments consistently throughout the game.

When you watch the KC game you will hear him at the line say either:

-We're good were good!

-Reload reload reload!

-or another call such as Ohmaha or something else.

He's consistently calling out protections, moving chess pieces in motion, and identifying coverages this year.

I can 100% vouch for this and it is plainly obvious if you watch him.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I've watched every snap of his NFL career. He changes plays and makes adjustments consistently throughout the game.

When you watch the KC game you will hear him at the line say either:

-We're good were good!

-Reload reload reload!

-or another call such as Ohmaha or something else.

He's consistently calling out protections, moving chess pieces in motion, and identifying coverages this year.

I can 100% vouch for this and it is plainly obvious if you watch him.

I mean I'm pretty sure that every QB is making plays or adjustments at the line throughout the game but to say that any QB is completely calling the entire game at the line is ridiculous. 

Let's say that Allen is 100% calling the plays though at the line...who was the one who created the plays they are running or is Allen running backyard football and telling Diggs "run to the garbage can and turn in" 

I'm not even sure how we've gotten to this point on a discussion that his OC will be returning, but his OC will be returning and hopefully helping continue his progression and keep him in a pass friendly system that was clearly good for Allen's skillset.   

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I mean I'm pretty sure that every QB is making plays or adjustments at the line throughout the game but to say that any QB is completely calling the entire game at the line is ridiculous. 

Let's say that Allen is 100% calling the plays though at the line...who was the one who created the plays they are running or is Allen running backyard football and telling Diggs "run to the garbage can and turn in" 

I'm not even sure how we've gotten to this point on a discussion that his OC will be returning, but his OC will be returning and hopefully helping continue his progression and keep him in a pass friendly system that was clearly good for Allen's skillset.   

strawman... You are literally the only one saying this and keep pushing it. Go reread. 

And no, not every offense has the QB making adjustments at the line consistently. Far from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, StevieStats said:

And no, not every offense has the QB making adjustments at the line consistently. Far from it.

1000%. This. All facts.

These casuals keep exposing themselves as not knowing football.