NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, affliction said:

There are not many running backs who deserve to get paid big money IMO. This is the top 10 Rb contracts and 6 are overpaid. 

A57C807E-4245-48F9-9711-47BA1B4C5650.jpeg

Okay, I’ll bite... who are your 6?

DJ, Drake & Gordon being the obvious ones. Mixon would be next for me.

The rest of them are difference makers IMO, and a clear tier above replacement level RBs.  Of course, you can argue that it’s NEVER a good idea to pay a RB big $, but I wouldn’t say some of these guys are actually overpaid for what they bring to the table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

1 hour ago, affliction said:

There are not many running backs who deserve to get paid big money IMO. This is the top 10 Rb contracts and 6 are overpaid. 

A57C807E-4245-48F9-9711-47BA1B4C5650.jpeg

I would say only Barkley and Henry arent overpaid. Maybe Cook.

4 hours ago, Nappyroots said:

Hope y'all sold high. You clearly can't consider him a top RB, His schedule is only getting tougher and he hasn't gone above 8 fantasy points for 3 weeks now. Good luck to those forced to ride with him,

When was the time to sell high? Before the flux capacitor told us that Dak was going to get injured and be out for the season, because 2020? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There was no opportunity to sell high. No one could predict the Dak injury, and that's basically killed all Dallas skilled players. Best case is, Dalton somehow improves or Jones brings in another QB. So long as these awful third string QBs are playing for Dallas, Zeke's value is toast, and I hate it. You can't really trade him now.

• Thanks 1

Are we benching this guy for WW scrubs [...] this week? Has it come to this? I think if Dalton plays hes still a start but if Benici plays vs PIT I think waiver wire scrubs are better.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Yeah, I agree. Dalton is a big upgrade over Dnuci or whatever his name is. At this point, you just hold. I wouldn't dump Zeke for something much less because of the chance Dalton gets more comfortable in the offense/the Cowboys trade/sign a serviceable QB. 

Something to watch for this week is whether Steelers' NT Tyson Alualu suits up or not. He's apparently been very important to the performance of PIT's run defense. Obviously the Steelers are a much better team regardless, I'll take any breaks I can get as a Zeke owner. 

• Thanks 1

Dalton is not a savior here. He may be better than rookie but he's not good enough to drive this offense. There is no path to success for Zeke other than the possibility of signing a different veteran QB altogether, e.g. Famous Jameis or Fitzmagician, even that may not be sufficient with Mike McCarthy at the helm. I repeat - there is no path to success this year for Zeke without the aforementioned qb change.

I wish I could bench Zeke but it hurts so bad lol.

It's clearly over for him this year though.  Outside the obvious with the Cowboys not putting up any points, what really kills him is just the lack of passing game involvement.  I just know the last game I saw Zeke open many times for dump offs and Dinucci is too busy being a deer in the headlights to even find him.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Something to watch for this week is whether Steelers' NT Tyson Alualu suits up or not. He's apparently been very important to the performance of PIT's run defense. Obviously the Steelers are a much better team regardless, I'll take any breaks I can get as a Zeke owner. 

I think Cam Hayward is banged up too

2 hours ago, activeobserver said:

Benching him for just about any RB with a pulse, Damien Harris gets the start for me. Blows when your first rounder isnt injured and is failing to produce. 

I'm playing Damien Harris and Zack Moss ahead of him this week...

• Like 1