NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

21 hours ago, yanksman said:

Makes my decision to bench him despite the great matchup much easier. Anyone think he just sits the rest of the year?

Why what happened? Can’t find anything but the bruised calf issue. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

I'm expecting him to play but McCarthy's comment - that they won't play him if the medical staff if it would expose him to anything that could affect his future - makes me think it is possible they are at least thinking about the wisdom of holding him out from this game in this lost season.  That might be too rational for Jerry Jones's organization though.

This franchise is run like a circus.  Yesterday McCarthy said that Elliott is even more injured than he was last week but he was "still planning on playing him."  Dallas saw fit to sign Zeke to that insane deal, and the season is lost.  Why would they send him out there in a borderline health situation?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This franchise is run like a circus.  Yesterday McCarthy said that Elliott is even more injured than he was last week but he was "still planning on playing him."  Dallas saw fit to sign Zeke to that insane deal, and the season is lost.  Why would they send him out there in a borderline health situation?

I would guess that Zeke is pushing hard to play. He’s been very durable during his career because he’s shown the ability to play through nagging injuries. I would guess he wants to be out there and McCarthy doesn’t want to upset his star player by sitting him.

I agree they should sit him. 

There's so much hate on the board right now for Elliott and I'm seeing people starting to want to shun him in next year's draft.  That's going to be a mistake for my money.  Let's look at it.

Dak Prescott was injured during Week 5 of this season.  Here's what Elliott did in those first five games:

22 carries for 96 yards, 3 catches for 31 yards, 2 total TDs
22/89, 6/33, 1 TD
14/34, 6/24, 1 TD
12/54, 8/71
19/91, 1/14, 2 TD

So, through five weeks, Zeke scored six touchdowns, caught 24 passes, and had 537 total yards.  That's an average game of: 107.4 total yards, 4.8 catches, and 1.2 TDs.  PPR per game average: 22.7 points per game.  Last season he only averaged 19.5!!  And keep in mind that Zeke scored 6 TDs this season in five games with Dak vulturing a ridiculous THREE goal line TDs in just five games.  

Zeke's worst game during those five was the Week 3 game in which he put up 17.8 points!  (Even without the TD he had 11.8 thanks to six catches.)  So what's the problem?  The problem is he's blown without Dak.  But so has the whole team.  I love Pollard (I was driving the Pollard hype bus in the 2019 preseason, saying he was a buy even if Zeke signed) but forgive me for not expecting Jerry Jones's ego to allow Pollard to just take over this show.  I'd expect Elliott to still have 65% usage at the very worst next season.  If Dak (or some other good QB, maybe Fitzmagic) is driving that bus, sign me up.  I'll happily take Elliott as my first RB in 2021.