NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

His end of season schedule makes me want to puke. Colts/chi/colts..

Lol. We still don't definitively know how good Indy's defense is. They got bailed out in the second half last week (I know this as their DST owner- lucky return TD put them back in the game and Baker made some horrible throws.) Things can change until the end of the year- just ride it out or grab Tannehill or something.  

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’ve been rolling with just Watson with no backup in the league I own him in but I picked up the Red Rifle for his buy week and possible streaming partner depending on how Dalton does.

Edited by ponchsox

Starting to sour on him this week - thinking about starting Big Ben against the Browns and their bad secondary.

Titans just made Josh Allen look mortal and they one of the highest blitzing teams in the league - I think that is bad news for a bad O-Line.

Only thing in his favor is the game script where he will most likely have to throw to catch up.

18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’ve been rolling with just Watson with no backup in the league I own him in but I picked up the Red Rifle for his buy week and possible streaming partner depending on how Dalton does.

lol bye week couldn’t edit

52 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Heh, I have Wentz for Watson’s bye (week 8.) on the other side of that matchup. Hopefully Dallas v Philly is a nice high-scoring affair.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Starting to sour on him this week - thinking about starting Big Ben against the Browns and their bad secondary.

Titans just made Josh Allen look mortal and they one of the highest blitzing teams in the league - I think that is bad news for a bad O-Line.

Only thing in his favor is the game script where he will most likely have to throw to catch up.

josh allen wasn’t that bad- his first INT was his receivers fault and the second was his fault. He still had passes completed but the titans kept things in front of them. It was a weird game, and the Texans look a bit rejuvenated here. Idk how you can start Ben over him- the floor is basically the same but the ceiling is Watson hands down 

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I think it is important to have a high upside backup for Watson since he did show his mortality the first few weeks of the season which can’t be ignored. Last two weeks 23 ppg average though, with room to grow in rushing and less turnovers 

If you have Watson, you start him unless the matchup is absolutely brutal. He’s a stud, and more often than not, he will perform. You spent a relatively high pick to only need 1 QB on your roster. I’m pumped to have him in my lineup this week. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Silent-Trader said:

Quietly putting together a great season, even without Nuk.

image.png.4f6e07c2b9205dc446fa82f4f4794464.png

Great to see and I am hopeful this will continue in the 2nd half of his schedule.

I just wish he would use his legs more - would prop him up even more.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Great to see and I am hopeful this will continue in the 2nd half of his schedule.

I just wish he would use his legs more - would prop him up even more.

Last game was the first where he approached 30 or 40 rushing yards. Since BOB is gone, he's using the more. Let's keep hoping for shootouts. 

• Like 1

I didn't fully appreciate how much I really need his consistent (if unspectacular) production until I had to work without him in Week 8. 

Keeping Fuller is a big deal - just have to keep this guy healthy. If he runs a little less it's a net gain for all of us because he'll be around a little longer imo.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, Ryansm11 said:

I've been desparately trying to trade Watson for another top 5 QB for this very reason ugh. I've been unsuccessful for weeks. Any chance he actually does well during this week 13-15 stretch? Colts/Bears/Colts is as brutal as it gets

4 minutes ago, Eazail said:

I've been desparately trying to trade Watson for another top 5 QB for this very reason ugh. I've been unsuccessful for weeks. Any chance he actually does well during this week 13-15 stretch? Colts/Bears/Colts is as brutal as it gets

Yeah not great, I haven’t been able to trade him at all. It doesn’t look good. Colts play him well

14 minutes ago, Eazail said:

Instead of trying to trade him, I just looked ahead to have another option ready for those weeks and then unleash him week 16 against Cincy. As a Watson owner, try acquiring a guy like Tannehill who plays CLE, JAX, and DET weeks 13-15.

2 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Instead of trying to trade him, I just looked ahead to have another option ready for those weeks and then unleash him week 16 against Cincy. As a Watson owner, try acquiring a guy like Tannehill who plays CLE, JAX, and DET weeks 13-15.

Sadly I play in a .5 point per completion 6 point passing TD league so getting another QB is impossible. I had Dak Watson fitzmagic and was feeling great, lol. Down to watson and Tua. 

11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Sadly I play in a .5 point per completion 6 point passing TD league so getting another QB is impossible. I had Dak Watson fitzmagic and was feeling great, lol. Down to watson and Tua. 

Tua might be a great pairing with Watson as well. (CIN, KC, NE). New England is giving up in Bill. Can't let NYJ score like that. KC isn't the best, but Tua should have to shine if they have a chance. I'm in the same situation. 

Watson is looking really good though. Being down against those good teams might give him a lot of garbage time to work with as well.

47 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Tua might be a great pairing with Watson as well. (CIN, KC, NE). New England is giving up in Bill. Can't let NYJ score like that. KC isn't the best, but Tua should have to shine if they have a chance. I'm in the same situation. 

Watson is looking really good though. Being down against those good teams might give him a lot of garbage time to work with as well.

I am not playing the QB game... I am rolling Watson out each week with conference . [...]