NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

I am not playing the QB game... I am rolling Watson out each week with conference . [...]

No problem with having a backup plan if possible. If he comes out and duds against IND the first time around, wouldn't hurt to think about playing someone else against IND Round 2 at the very least. Tua vs. either one of those teams could be shaping up to be a very solid play. Hopefully we have a lot more info on Tua by then. I have yet to watch him play.

Watson is a tough sit regardless. He is definitely one of the good ones.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

30 mph winds in Cleveland. Gusts prob even higher than that. Short passing game it is. 

Uhhhg, I might have to tough it out.I don't have anyone I want to drop.

On 11/11/2020 at 2:59 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Tua might be a great pairing with Watson as well. (CIN, KC, NE). New England is giving up in Bill. Can't let NYJ score like that. KC isn't the best, but Tua should have to shine if they have a chance. I'm in the same situation. 

Watson is looking really good though. Being down against those good teams might give him a lot of garbage time to work with as well.

I am not playing the QB game... I am rolling Watson out each week with conference . [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Yeah, I am wondering about weeks 14 and 15 also.  Makes me want to consider an upside QB on the bench just in case the rest of my roster is looking shaky at that point, and I need upside.

Edited by esprits4s

Horrible turn of events.  If anyone watched the Raiders/Browns game a few weeks ago, you are looking very similar conditions and it is unplayable for passing.

Cleveland weather turns on a dime so I wouldn’t make a decision until kick off but I will have a backup option for sure.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Horrible turn of events.  If anyone watched the Raiders/Browns game a few weeks ago, you are looking very similar conditions and it is unplayable for passing.

Cleveland weather turns on a dime so I wouldn’t make a decision until kick off but I will have a backup option for sure.

Yup, I'm worried...have Goff on backup just in case. Curious to hear what others are going to do with Watson if it is indeed 30-50 mph winds like they're calling for. Obviously he still has his rushing ability but might not be able to rack up enough scores or passing yardage to make up for it.

12 hours ago, chucky said:

Anyone sitting Watson along with his WRs Fuller and Cooks because the high winds and gusts anticipated in Cleveland this Sunday?

I’m sitting Fuller yes but not Watson, somebody got to run the ball.

Prudent in benching him this week but my waiver option completely crapped...so maybe it's not worth getting cute over weather games when this guy's floor is 12-14 pts minimum with his legs...tough matchup too on road.

However, next week is equally concerning. Pats play super slow pace (so do Texans) and Pats run the ball really well with Cam...they are not a joke matchup and it will require Deshaun to play immaculate ball to achieve QB1 numbers next week. I know Joe Flacco did (lol) so I'm hoping they can bounce back...but not looking at a ceiling here.

This dude is really earning his $40 Million Salary, guys.

Puts up 7 points in a 10-7 Loss to Baker Mayfield. Drops from 2-6 record to 2-7 record.

Tier 1 QB? Really? These NFL executives crack me up with how little they know football.

Try Tier 3 QB.

Can you say "Overrated"?

Can you say "Overpaid"?

Fraudulent QB who cannot play within structure. Will never win big in the NFL with that style. Never. Texans should trade him.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Puts up 7 points in a 10-7 Loss to Baker Mayfield. Drops from 2-6 record to 2-7 record.

Tier 1 QB? Really? These NFL executives crack me up with how little they know football.

Try Tier 3 QB.

Can you say "Overrated"?

Can you say "Overpaid"?

Fraudulent QB who cannot play within structure. Will never win big in the NFL with that style. Never. Texans should trade him.

Sounds like someone wants Watson on their team. Nice GM strategy here. So which team "should he be traded to?"

23 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Try Tier 3 QB.

Can you say "Overrated"?

Can you say "Overpaid"?

How can you put any stock in this Cleveland game? Dude was out there playing in gale force winds. Yeah it's going to hinder his play a tad.

He is a good NFL quarterback. Those are tough to come by. 

Watson threw for 3 TD's/0 INT's vs. NE last year, and NE's defense was super elite last year. Although HOU also had Hopkins last year.

Hard to say how Watson will play this year vs NE, but I'm expecting a 20+ pt game.

Edited by Pooskay
3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Watson threw for 3 TD's/0 INT's vs. NE last year, and NE's defense was super elite last year. Although HOU also had Hopkins last year.

Hard to say how Watson will play this year vs NE, but I'm expecting a 20+ pt game.

Floor game I'm sure...16+ since the Pats can run the ball well and control the clock. Watson is going to have to play perfect with his limited possessions (like last week, and he scored 14 in bad weather.) So, he's a QB1 for sure. The rest of schedule is worrisome for us (Bears don't scare me anymore- look what Cousins did at Chicago)

Just concerned that he is going to not be able to match any of the elite guys in the playoffs (Murray, Allen, etc,) Time will tell. 

On 11/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Try Tier 3 QB.

Can you say "Overrated"?

Can you say "Overpaid"?

Wut. 

• Like 1

Dude was absolutely slinging it yesterday - fitting balls in tight windows and with authority.

I know he still had a monster game but still slightly disappointed that he didn't do much from a fantasy perspective in the 2nd half.