NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

Could have obtained this guy for a bag of chips after week 4...back to back monster games. His efficiency is Russell Wilson like- unreal. never high volume but high YPA

Still scared of the next three game stretch in the playoffs and I know he’s been an absolute stud 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
On 11/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, PisEdiRin said:

This dude is really earning his $40 Million Salary, guys.

Puts up 7 points in a 10-7 Loss to Baker Mayfield. Drops from 2-6 record to 2-7 record.

Tier 1 QB? Really? These NFL executives crack me up with how little they know football.

Try Tier 3 QB.

Can you say "Overrated"?

Can you say "Overpaid"?

Fraudulent QB who cannot play within structure. Will never win big in the NFL with that style. Never. Texans should trade him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Ya Colts 2 out of 3 weeks is tough. But Chicago doesn’t scare me. 

Colts game is gonna come down to him making plays with his legs. They’ve played him well so far in his career. 

He's adapting.  His line sucks so he's getting rid of the ball faster.  It's pretty damn impressive.  Just look at how Romo was raving about him today.  I wish he would get a real coach - perhaps go to NE and dominate with Bill later in his career?

12 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Ya Colts 2 out of 3 weeks is tough. But Chicago doesn’t scare me. 

If Texans were home vs Chi it wouldnt be scary. But in Chi, that could be tough. Depends on weather that day, I'm assuming it will be cold.

Prob more worried about game in Chi than either Indy game. Chi hasn't given up more than 26 pts in any game this year, Indy has given up more than 26 pts 4 times.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregp said:

If Texans were home vs Chi it wouldnt be scary. But in Chi, that could be tough. Depends on weather that day, I'm assuming it will be cold.

Prob more worried about game in Chi than either Indy game. Chi hasn't given up more than 26 pts in any game this year, Indy has given up more than 26 pts 4 times.

feel like the colts dbs are also quite physical which doesn’t match up so well with the speedsters...could be some long plays which is what Watson thrives on.

problem to me is if Buckner plays and Justin Houston been a terror up front. The pass rush may overwhelm Houston. Colts just a better team. If you’re playing against an elite guy next week I can see the argument for starting another good option. Just tough after two 30 burgers.

that second fuller td was truly a gift lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

feel like the colts dbs are also quite physical which doesn’t match up so well with the speedsters...could be some long plays which is what Watson thrives on.

problem to me is if Buckner plays and Justin Houston been a terror up front. The pass rush may overwhelm Houston. Colts just a better team. If you’re playing against an elite guy next week I can see the argument for starting another good option. Just tough after two 30 burgers.

Yeah I have no other options so I’m just hoping the ship doesn’t sink. 

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Ya, I'm not saying Chi has a better def than Indy. In a vacuum, Indy def every day of the week.

But in a cold weather game in Chi vs a decent def, I could see some issues..

Indy is gonna have no prob at all scoring vs Hou, putting Watson in comeback mode. Plus both Indy games are indoors.

I dont think he'll blow up vs Indy, but I think a 30pt game is more likely in either Indy game than @Chi.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gregp said:

Ya, I'm not saying Chi has a better def than Indy. In a vacuum, Indy def every day of the week.

But in a cold weather game in Chi vs a decent def, I could see some issues..

The Bears defense is loaded.  The problem is that they’re on the field way too often.  So if they’re underrated, that’s the reason.  Oh yeah, and if Akiem Hicks isn’t active (hamstring), then it’s nowhere near the same defense.

Hicks is to the Bears what Buckner is to the Colts.  

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Anything to fear now with the colts defense looking quite mortal recently? Even the bears getting shellacked by good qb play.

colts without Buckner very different but idk man this team looks flat (colts)

next week could be a shootout 

We can only hope. No Buckner made a huge impact, Henry ran wild. 

If Buckner back you still start Watson but dont expect Thanksgiving numbers but still i expect 20 from him. If you have another top option then maybe. Example, I sat Allen for him this week but starting Allen over him this week.  Play the matchups.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, damageinc said:

If Buckner back you still start Watson but dont expect Thanksgiving numbers but still i expect 20 from him. If you have another top option then maybe. Example, I sat Allen for him this week but starting Allen over him this week.  Play the matchups.

Yep, easy to see where people could have Allen like you, Rodgers like me, etc and have to choose, I'm probably rolling with Watson vs IND over Rodgers vs PHI next week but dont feel great about it lol

Ride or Die with Watson eff it, hopefully he can be matchup proof over these next few games

Edited by kmoore1521
1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Yep, easy to see where people could have Allen like you, Rodgers like me, etc and have to choose, I'm probably rolling with Watson vs IND over Rodgers vs PHI next week but dont feel great about it lol

Ride or Die with Watson eff it, hopefully he can be matchup proof over these next few games

My other option is Tua/Fitzpatrick soooo my season is going with watson. 

5 minutes ago, damageinc said:

Fuller suspended 6 games. Got to downgrade him a little now.

A little? I would say a lot. They will still rely on his arm heavily but that is a major weapon to lose IMO.

• Like 1