NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

On 12/14/2020 at 3:31 PM, Pooskay said:

Back to the topic, I think Watson will rebound with at least 20+ points vs. Indy. 

He's never gone back-to-back weeks scoring under 20 points this season.

I hope he bounces back, trying to figure out how I feel about him this week. We also only have a small sample size without Fuller, and they've been a couple hard matchups and no Cooks either last week.

Indy seems to be giving up a decent amount of points to QBs the last few weeks, so I'm curious to what others think on Watson this week.

12 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I hope he bounces back, trying to figure out how I feel about him this week. We also only have a small sample size without Fuller, and they've been a couple hard matchups and no Cooks either last week.

Indy seems to be giving up a decent amount of points to QBs the last few weeks, so I'm curious to what others think on Watson this week.

Rhodes and Leonard got  hurt so if both are out that will boost Watsons matchup. I’m torn on starting him without Cooks though. 

43 minutes ago, affliction said:

Rhodes and Leonard got  hurt so if both are out that will boost Watsons matchup. I’m torn on starting him without Cooks though. 

I don't see anything on either in regards to injuries on Roto. Cooks is expected to give it a go

On 12/20/2020 at 11:37 AM, Leopard said:

Anyone starting Watson [...]

I am considering another option only because I think the ceiling could be capped here.

I can imagine the Bengals returning to earth with a thud after last night and Watson not having to do much to beat them soundly. 

Still solid, just ceiling capped.

Happy to have my mind changed.

edit: I realize your question was about last Sunday but here we are

Edited by Proteus
31 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

This is looking like a 30+ pt game from Watson.

The Bengals won the super bowl vs. Pitt on Monday night and they'll most likely look like the crap team they really are vs. HOU.

And you don’t think it could be 21-0 at half and it’s just pedestrian 3 and outs for the entire second half?

7 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Either way, 30+ pts looks realistic.

At 6pt per TD he score only 4 times over 30 all season, and 3 of those were against teams rated 1, 3 and 4th easiest for QBs. The Bungles on the other hand are rated 30th - take that for what you want.

Hot take alert...

Deshaun Watson is the best QB in the NFL.

He just led the league in passing yards while throwing 33 TDs to only 7 picks. He did this despite having no line, no elite weapons (no weapons at all some of the season), and no coach. 

On a competently run franchise, he'd be a perennial MVP. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Hot take alert...

Deshaun Watson is the best QB in the NFL.

He just led the league in passing yards while throwing 33 TDs to only 7 picks. He did this despite having no line, no elite weapons (no weapons at all some of the season), and no coach. 

On a competently run franchise, he'd be a perennial MVP. 

It hurts to see what BOB did to the Texans and therefore to his career so far. 

Does anybody see the possibility of Watson being traded for a haul of picks? Don't think the Texans will be able to support him for the next 3 years.

Edit: Wouldn't say he is the best in the league but definetly in the conversation.

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

It hurts to see what BOB did to the Texans and therefore to his career so far. 

Does anybody see the possibility of Watson being traded for a haul of picks? Don't think the Texans will be able to support him for the next 3 years.

Edit: Wouldn't say he is the best in the league but definetly in the conversation.

Washington needs to strongly consider trading for him while Young, Sweat, Mclaurin and Gibson are on their rookie contracts.

They could trade Alex Smith, 3 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders for him.

18 minutes ago, fachowski said:

Washington needs to strongly consider trading for him while Young, Sweat, Mclaurin and Gibson are on their rookie contracts.

They could trade Alex Smith, 3 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders for him.

Man, as a Gibson and McLaurin owner I would be down for that.

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

Man, as a Gibson and McLaurin owner I would be down for that.

As a Watson owner I would also totally be up for that. Those three with Rivera and maybe some upgrades in the O-line and a strong TE (Kyle Pitts anyone?) and...

GlamorousReadyCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

As a Watson owner I would also totally be up for that. Those three with Rivera and maybe some upgrades in the O-line and a strong TE (Kyle Pitts anyone?) and...

GlamorousReadyCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

please don't bring my darling Pitts into that dream, too. Blood is already rushing away from my brain lol

(but the pick that could result in Pitts will probably part of the trade, so we are getting more and more unrealistic here, sadly)

On 1/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, thebadferret said:

"... Does anybody see the possibility of Watson being traded for a haul of picks? Don't think the Texans will be able to support him for the next 3 years."

He's not happy, maybe it's just an excuse, but accordingly, one article, no quote, he wants out! Yeah, him to Washington revenue-wise would be like Brady to Tampa, the cha-ching machine in overdrive. :)  

I'd personally love to see him as the starting QB for the Niners. Shanahan would actually understand how to use his running abilities, and he'd be throwing to Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle. Maybe Fuller could follow him there in free agency. Dare I dream?

18 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I'd personally love to see him as the starting QB for the Niners. Shanahan would actually understand how to use his running abilities, and he'd be throwing to Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle. Maybe Fuller could follow him there in free agency. Dare I dream?

As a hawks fan please, God, no!

• Haha 3