NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

False. Wins/Losses is a Team stat, a QB stat, and a HC stat. It certainly is a QB Stat. That's not debateable.

ProFootballReference is the Encyclopedia of Football. Here is Watson's page:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

Notice that QBs have a special "QBrec" column, tha t no other position has. There is no "RBrec", "WRrec", "DErec", "CBrec", "LBrec",...I think you get the point.

The QB is the only position on the field who is assigned a W/L record, for a reason. 

All the other great QBs are winning most of their games....if Watson wants to be considered great, he needs to be held to the same standard.

yes but it’s still just one stat. You cannot take one stat or one ability a deem the player as bad or good. Too many other factors are in play.

by this logic then hall of fame qbs like warren moon, joe Namath, sonny jurgenson, Dan fouts,  Fran Tarkington, and Troy aikmen are all worse than rich Gannon cuss rich Gannon has a better win/loss record. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

Win/Loss is certainly a factor in evaluating a quarterback.  But Watson has won plenty during his career.

This year was a pretty big disaster for the team, mostly because the defense was historically bad.

And the Texans are seemingly headed in the wrong direction.  Front office decisions have made almost zero sense, although I don't have as big a problem with the Tunsil deal as some.

Watson himself played extremely well in 2020.  If he decides not to play for Houston any more, it will be because the team around him is falling apart at the seams.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Win/Loss is certainly a factor in evaluating a quarterback.  But Watson has won plenty during his career.

This year was a pretty big disaster for the team, mostly because the defense was historically bad.

And the Texans are seemingly headed in the wrong direction.  Front office decisions have made almost zero sense, although I don't have as big a problem with the Tunsil deal as some.

Watson himself played extremely well in 2020.  If he decides not to play for Houston any more, it will be because the team around him is falling apart at the seams.

The Tunsil deal was a result of them trading away Duane Brown for peanuts. They could have kept Duane Brown and paid him far less than Tunsil and given up no compensation and had an equal level of play on the field from your franchise tackle.

Seattle has essentially the same level of play at tackle on a much cheaper deal.

Houston had the dead last rushing efficiency by DVOA, and the 3rd worst defense overall. They had the 8th best passing offense. 

It's really amazing how great Watson was with no help.

• Like 3

Most of the about 2 pages of this trash should be burned. 

Whatever his reasons - with which I pretty much don't agree - Watson is on his way out. THAT is the relevant topic now - not a pissing contest between two RW posters. 

It will be a seismic shift - wherever he winds up. 

Stuff like that is more interesting to me than all this other crap.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, roughnecker101 said:

Trader to the Niners.. for Fred Warner + some

Watson to the Niners, Garropolo to the Patriots, Cam Newton signs with the Texans

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Watson to the Niners, Garropolo to the Patriots, Cam Newton signs with the Texans

Oh and Ravens lose again next year in the DIV round.

10 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

I like it. No way the 9ers pay Warner the 20mil he's gonna want. 

He deserves it. 9ers instantly a super bowl fave with this move. 

Watson on the 49ers?

That right there is a scary proposition.

Start printing your Superbowl tickets.

53 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Watson on the 49ers?

That right there is a scary proposition.

Start printing your Superbowl tickets.

Yeah, that's my favorite landing spot. I may drop a few bucks on a Watson for MVP bet if that happens. 

Now the latest report says firing Easterby would not fix it, from Watson's perspective.

Still, though, it would be a very good start.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Houston's motivation may be to get at least something for Watson.

They can still go down the route of franchising him twice after his 5th year option is up.

50 minutes ago, devaster said:

They can still go down the route of franchising him twice after his 5th year option is up.

Not if he refuses to play for them no matter what.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not if he refuses to play for them no matter what.

Then he plays for no one. The Texans would own his rights.

Any way Atlanta can be the trade partner for Watson?  ATL is ready to move past the Matt Ryan era.  Have #4 pick this year, could part with another couple picks and Ryan.