Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 1/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, Stonej14 said:


 

Football is called “The ultimate team sport” for a reason it takes 22 players to win.


If you judge how good a qb is solely on wins then guys like drew bledso , alex smith, and joe flacco should go down as all time greats since they have top 20 win percentages (in front of many hall of famers) but in fact we know they were mostly average with a couple good seasons but we’re on a lot of really good teams. 
 

flacco is awful but has this elite ravens defenses

alex Smith is the epitome of a game manager but had great 49ers and chiefs defenses along with great run games. 
 

these guys have better win percentages that Troy aikmen, Russel Wilson, ken stabler, Steve young.. the list goes on. 

 

Watson is a top 5 QB on a bottom 5 team that shouldn’t have been competitive in 90% of their games and solely cuss of Watson’s never say die attitude and talent they won a few and were competitive in most. Don’t ever compare him to that bum trubisky if you wanna be taken Seriously tho. 

 

On 1/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, donslaughtonslaught said:

We can’t be sure yet, because if they don’t advance. By your metrics the 4 conference semi-finalists ate all better.

 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:09 PM, donslaughtonslaught said:

Jared Goff’s trash game and Baker Mayfield: in the playoffs because their teams have good running games and olines and coaching and defenses or some combo of those. None of which the Texans had. And if winning playoff games is a barometer WATSON DID THAT LAST YEAR. Can’t say you aren’t an effective troll.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

On 1/18/2021 at 7:48 AM, PisEdiRin said:

 

"Not worth a rebuke"

You have no rebuke.

 

Take the L and move on.

Do... do you know that Watson led the Texans to a division title one year ago? They nearly beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. How can you reconcile that with your thesis that "winning and losing in the NFL is solely based on the QB, and Watson isn't good enough to win"?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's a bet on where he gets traded. He can't get traded from the Texans to the Texans, lol.

Ah ok those are pretty good odds then for the house, he stays with Houston and everyone loses

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

Ah ok those are pretty good odds then for the house, he stays with Houston and everyone loses

I'm not much of a gambler, but now that I look at it again, it says he must be traded for there to be action. So I think if he stays, everyone gets their money back. 

Basically it's a "if he gets traded, where do you think he'll go" bet. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 1:50 PM, lolcopter said:

oQNcJ95.png

I don’t get the Jets as the favorites at all. It’s been reported that Watson had issues with the Texans franchise culture when it comes to social justice matters and not initially interviewing Bieniemy — issues that allegedly go all the way to the top, to the owner. So given that, why would he waive his no-trade clause to join a franchise owned by Woody Johnson? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jnormy said:

I don’t get the Jets as the favorites at all. It’s been reported that Watson had issues with the Texans franchise culture when it comes to social justice matters and not initially interviewing Bieniemy — issues that allegedly go all the way to the top, to the owner. So given that, why would he waive his no-trade clause to join a franchise owned by Woody Johnson? 

They hired a person of color as HC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jnormy said:

I don’t get the Jets as the favorites at all. It’s been reported that Watson had issues with the Texans franchise culture when it comes to social justice matters and not initially interviewing Bieniemy — issues that allegedly go all the way to the top, to the owner. So given that, why would he waive his no-trade clause to join a franchise owned by Woody Johnson? 

I agree - this could simply be because Jets fans are more likely to make these kinds of bets so they push a ridiculous number. 

Maybe Saleh is different but most of everything I've read indicates Darnold is going to at least get a shot in 2021. It does not make practical sense for the Jets to acquire Watson when they have in many ways a worse team than the Texans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 10:08 PM, ajs723 said:

It's a bet on where he gets traded. He can't get traded from the Texans to the Texans, lol.

If OBrien was still there he would try and lose a few draft picks during the process. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, BMcP said:

They hired a person of color as HC?

The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner. 

The rightfully disgruntled franchise QB prefers the Jets "because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job," according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:
On 1/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, BMcP said:

They hired a person of color as HC?

The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner. 

The rightfully disgruntled franchise QB prefers the Jets "because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job," according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero.

Pretty sure Flores is still a HC of color, of a 10-6 team with a great culture. Somebody better check Watson for a concussion or something. He wants to leave the mess of a franchise that is the Texans, and his preferred team to be traded to is... the Jets????? LMAO, good luck with that one DeShaun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jnormy said:

He wants to leave the mess of a franchise that is the Texans, and his preferred team to be traded to is... the Jets????? LMAO, good luck with that one DeShaun.

Word on the street is he wants to work  with Robert Saleh (who is pretty universally respected).

Edited by Boudewijn
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Pretty sure Flores is still a HC of color, of a 10-6 team with a great culture. Somebody better check Watson for a concussion or something. He wants to leave the mess of a franchise that is the Texans, and his preferred team to be traded to is... the Jets????? LMAO, good luck with that one DeShaun.

Yes - of a 10-6 team who just drafted their “QB of the future” and cost themselves a playoff berth due to their blind trust in him. Can’t imagine how that would appeal to Deshaun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yes - of a 10-6 team who just drafted their “QB of the future” and cost themselves a playoff berth due to their blind trust in him. Can’t imagine how that would appeal to Deshaun.

In year 2 of a very successful rebuild. And if Watson knows anything at all about football history and the typical development of most rookie QBs, that wouldn’t bother him at all. Pretty sure the Bills are pretty happy right now that they kept their “blind trust” in Josh Allen after his (much worse than Tua’s) rookie year. 
 

Look, if Watson likes Saleh better, so be it. As a NYer, I’ve seen firsthand the utter despair Jets fans express year after year. If that what DeShaun wants to be a part of, have at it, and good luck.

Edited by jnormy
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jnormy said:

In year 2 of a very successful rebuild. And if Watson knows anything at all about football history and the typical development of most rookie QBs, that wouldn’t bother him at all. Pretty sure the Bills are pretty happy right now that they kept their “blind trust” in Josh Allen after his (much worse than Tua’s) rookie year. 
 

Look, if Watson likes Saleh better, so be it. As a NYer, I’ve seen firsthand the utter despair Jets fans express year after year. If that what DeShaun wants to be a part of, have at it, and good luck.

I’m not sure that you understood my point - just like the Bills with Allen, the Dolphins seem content to stick with Tua as he develops over the next few years.  They don’t feel any need to bring in a vet to replace him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...