NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

Why didn't the Ravens and Bills go farther in the playoffs? I guess they should look at dumping Jackson and Allen.

I agree that he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but cmon....

You can't be serious-? Look at the talent Dallas has at the skill positions (you also ignore they played in one of the worst divisions in NFL history...I didn't look at the rest of the schedules). Even the Bengals have more skill position talent. Both teams also had a better defense, though all three were forgettable. 

Watson is a great QB in his prime. It's ridiculous to pretend anything else. That said I would not give three #1s for him because I would not give that much for any player. 

I can agree with you unless we are in a GB game thread. Then you are anxiety ridden and sandbagging. 🤣 But I agree, Watson is great QB. 

Maybe as a leader he kept trying to keep team spirits up, and was felt like as a leader trying his best they showed him no respect. So, this to me indicates he is a leader and is sick of not being in a position where he can lead a team without being embarrassed due to disconnect from front office. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Why didn't the Ravens and Bills go farther in the playoffs? I guess they should look at dumping Jackson and Allen.

I agree that he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but cmon....

You can't be serious-? Look at the talent Dallas has at the skill positions (you also ignore they played in one of the worst divisions in NFL history...I didn't look at the rest of the schedules). Even the Bengals have more skill position talent. Both teams also had a better defense, though all three were forgettable. 

Watson is a great QB in his prime. It's ridiculous to pretend anything else. That said I would not give three #1s for him because I would not give that much for any player. 

Did you just selectively crop out singular sentences and not actually read anything before or after? And Houston wasn't bereft of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Brandin Cooks and Will Fuller are good wide receivers. 

Meanwhile in Dallas' case, your whole argument is null and void once you consider Dak got hurt early and they had to finish the year with Andy Dalton. Coupled with the fact that Zeke has played WAYYYYYYY below his contract. 

Edited by Deuce1042
58 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I can agree with you unless we are in a GB game thread. Then you are anxiety ridden and sandbagging. 🤣 But I agree, Watson is great QB. 

Maybe as a leader he kept trying to keep team spirits up, and was felt like as a leader trying his best they showed him no respect. So, this to me indicates he is a leader and is sick of not being in a position where he can lead a team without being embarrassed due to disconnect from front office. 

When did I say Houston SHOULD "dump Watson"? The point couldn't have been missed any worse. 

The Texans should not have reached the point where they had to trade Watson.  But here we are.

So now they have to decide whether to sit on his rights to teach him a lesson, or get what they can get.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Texans should not have reached the point where they had to trade Watson.  But here we are.

So now they have to decide whether to sit on his rights to teach him a lesson, or get what they can get.

Teach him a lesson?  That would only show they have learned nothing themselves that got them in this idiotic situation to begin with.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Teach him a lesson?  That would only show they have learned nothing themselves that got them in this idiotic situation to begin with.  

Well then stop showing your tits. Got it?

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

WOWWWWWWWW

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

New Orleans Saints' Ricky Williams trade still one of most infamous - NFC  South- ESPN

The beginning of the end of Ditka's career. You also have to feel sorry for Ricky, he had 8000+ yds and 45 TD his first 5 seasons and yet he could never live up to that insane legacy.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Deshaun is still their player. They drafted him, they gave him a massive contract to be their quarterback. It's something that gets lost on a lot of fans and media fans. If i'm the Texans and watson wants out, he's expanding that no trade list or he's sitting. Texans are going to be awful without him, might as well let him sit and work towards their new franchise qb that way. Not sure why GM's let beat writers/reporters run their teams. Get the best possible deal for him Houston.

24 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The beginning of the end of Ditka's career. You also have to feel sorry for Ricky, he had 8000+ yds and 45 TD his first 5 seasons and yet he could never live up to that insane legacy.

He was as close to a "can't miss" prospect as I can remember, give or take a Reggie Bush here or there.

Watson has already demonstrated he's a terrific pro.  But I would be hesitant to give up that type of haul for any one player.  

8 minutes ago, fluffy69 said:

Deshaun is still their player. They drafted him, they gave him a massive contract to be their quarterback. It's something that gets lost on a lot of fans and media fans. If i'm the Texans and watson wants out, he's expanding that no trade list or he's sitting. Texans are going to be awful without him, might as well let him sit and work towards their new franchise qb that way. Not sure why GM's let beat writers/reporters run their teams. Get the best possible deal for him Houston.

Yes but the era of slavery is over.  Watson is not Cal McNair's property, but rather a grown man who can and will make his own decisions.

Watson can decide, and apparently has decided, that he will not take another snap for this team.  If the Texans do not trade him, he will have to pay back bonus money and he won't be able to play for any other NFL team.

Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders both made similar decisions at age 29.  Watson is younger and has more trade value than those two.  But to think Watson is bluffing?  That's a mistake.  But just put it on the pile.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes but the era of slavery is over.  Watson is not Cal McNair's property, but rather a grown man who can and will make his own decisions.

So being expected to honor the $156 million contract extension he willfully signed just 5 months ago to play a game is considered “slavery”? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

They beat TF out of his body.

Also:

88169133_503440273689513_1739585364038778880_o71.jpg

1 hour ago, jnormy said:

So being expected to honor the $156 million contract extension he willfully signed just 5 months ago to play a game is considered “slavery”? 

Nope.  It's a contract.  And the terms are built in and governed by the CBA.  Watson can play and make that money, or he can decide not to play and he will have to pay some of it back.

The Texans cannot force him to remain on their team and play for them.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nope.  It's a contract.  And the terms are built in and governed by the CBA.  Watson can play and make that money, or he can decide not to play and he will have to pay some of it back.

The Texans cannot force him to remain on their team and play for them.

I agree on all counts... my only issue was the casual use of the word "slavery." It is and has always been business between employer and employee, nothing more or less.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jnormy said:

I agree on all counts... my only issue was the casual use of the word "slavery." It is and has always been business between employer and employee, nothing more or less.

And yet the Texans are treating Watson as if he were property, which is nothing new for that organization, and a big part of the problem.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And yet the Texans are treating Watson as if he were property, which is nothing new for that organization, and a big part of the problem.

That organization sucks for sure, but I own property and never once considered offering it a multi-million-dollar contract extension. 😉

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Indeed.  Especially after Texans owner Bob McNair back in 2017 made offensive comments like we can't have the inmates running the prison" after NFL players began taking a knee against police brutality and racism. 

If that's not being recognized and treated as property then I don't know what is. 

And i can choose to do with my property whatever i so desire GIFs - Get the  best gif on GIFER

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

a full three years before Watson willingly singed his contract extension, truly an oppressed individual

Yes which is why he's had enough and wants out?