NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

If 2 of the 3 WR's are hurt then he's in deep trouble. They can afford one going down, but not two. If all he has is 1 field stretcher who commands the best corner, along with safety help over the top ... Watson is pretty much screwed.

Theres only so much DJ, Cobb, & his TE's can do to help him out. The short to intermediate game can only work if those burners are taking the top off the defense. 

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Maybe... I'll be back in 8 weeks to eat crow if I am.

I mean, it's all relative to where he was drafted. I took him mid 6th in a 12 team league and feel he will definitely return value especially when the next tier (Matt Ryan) came a round later.

8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

If 2 of the 3 WR's are hurt then he's in deep trouble. They can afford one going down, but not two. If all he has is 1 field stretcher who commands the best corner, along with safety help over the top ... Watson is pretty much screwed.

Theres only so much DJ, Cobb, & his TE's can do to help him out. The short to intermediate game can only work if those burners are taking the top off the defense. 

BOB can always trade three more high draft picks to Miami for Parker. 

Edited by deezel629
  • Haha 4

Saved by garbage time tonight.

More of the same to be honest - terrible o-line play and probably some of the worst offensive play calling I have seen.  Doesn’t get easier next week vs Baltimore.

No tempo or urgency until the game was over.  They preached opening up the offense all offseason with this group and they took one shot downfield all game and it was picked off.

The only saving grace is the defense is terrible so he will be asked to come back in many games.  

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

More of the same to be honest - terrible o-line play and probably some of the worst offensive play calling I have seen.  Doesn’t get easier next week vs Baltimore.

No tempo or urgency until the game was over.  They preached opening up the offense all offseason with this group and they took one shot downfield all game and it was picked off.

The only saving grace is the defense is terrible so he will be asked to come back in many games.  

definitely hurt not having hopkins presence out there but kinda hard to not start start him vs Baltimore. hopefully they figure things out next week. 

Not having a true WR1 will hurt the passing game but the surprising thing was that he didn’t break off many chunk run plays either. One has to wonder where the big splash plays are going to come from. I have a hard time seeing Watson playing a Brady-like intermediate to short passing game for 4 quarters.

Edited by WaiverLooter
2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Say some prayers for Mr. Watson this year.  If that is how that o-line is going to play - that is trouble.  

Not just the line, but there were like 5 or 6 dropped passes in the game. Bad drops too.

• Like 1

Salvaged an ok fantasy day after a 4 point start. Yesterday was his floor, he will have to throw a ton with that defense. O-line is putrid but he can run and make plays. Fantasy wise Watson will be fine.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Say some prayers for Mr. Watson this year.  If that is how that o-line is going to play - that is trouble.  

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Salvaged an ok fantasy day after a 4 point start. Yesterday was his floor, he will have to throw a ton with that defense. O-line is putrid but he can run and make plays. Fantasy wise Watson will be fine.

O Line is average. 

He still holds ball too long. 

He's a playmaker so it comes with the territory, but he's always held the ball too long and always had extremely poor clock management. 

Those 2 things never seem to improve year to year and I've been watching closely to see improvements in those 2 things and am afraid 2020 early on looks no different. 

No reason to really fear though for fantasy reasons. He's the new Drew Brees AKA King of Fantasy Garbage Time with game out of hand. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Ratbirds & Stillers on deck, both more stout than K.C. - the floor is coming, it was not last night 🤷‍♂️

Give him more than one game to declare him a bust. The entire offense came out flat and did better later in the game. Those teams have good defenses but Watson is a very good QB. He will make plays.

Edited by ponchsox
1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Give him more than one game to declare him a bust. The entire offense came out flat and did better later in the game. Those teams have good defenses but Watson is a very good QB. He will make plays.

where did i call him a bust?

i simply stated that last night was not the floor ... we'll see the floor in one of the next 2 weeks ... that's calling him a bust? 

ok

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

where did i call him a bust?

i simply stated that last night was not the floor ... we'll see the floor in one of the next 2 weeks ... that's calling him a bust? 

ok

Yeah ravens and Steelers are gonna put a licking on him. We’re about to see how tough he really is. 

1 minute ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

Poor guy was getting beaten up last year but at least had a bail out in Hopkins. He'll get his fantasy points but it's going to be tough sledding this year.

They have to have a run game and DJ looks like he will help a lot but his health is already in question.

Just now, ponchsox said:

They have to have a run game and DJ looks like he will help a lot but his health is already in question.

DJ did look good last night, but you know O'Brien is going to run him into the ground trying to prove the trade wasn't terrible. He's going to miss games at some point and Duke Johnson hasn't shown anything.

1 minute ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

DJ did look good last night, but you know O'Brien is going to run him into the ground trying to prove the trade wasn't terrible. He's going to miss games at some point and Duke Johnson hasn't shown anything.

would not shock me to see Freeman make a visit this weekend. 

9 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

They took at least two shots. Fuller caught a deep pass that was underthrown. 

25 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

O Line is average. 

He still holds ball too long. 

He's a playmaker so it comes with the territory, but he's always held the ball too long and always had extremely poor clock management. 

Those 2 things never seem to improve year to year and I've been watching closely to see improvements in those 2 things and am afraid 2020 early on looks no different. 

No reason to really fear though for fantasy reasons. He's the new Drew Brees AKA King of Fantasy Garbage Time with game out of hand. 

And how many Saints games have been out of hand, leading to Brees having to put up garbage time stats?? Considering the Saints are 37-11 over the last three years, I’d say not often. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

They took at least two shots. Fuller caught a deep pass that was underthrown. 

First deep shot was ill-advised when he had DJ wide open in the flat but Watson decided to go for it all and his arm got hit and he threw a pick.

Second deep shot was when the game was already over and playing against prevent defense where the corners got crossed up and Fuller was wide open running down the sideline but Watson under threw him.  Regardless, you should be taken more deep shots given then WR personnel and Watson's arm.  The play calling last night was inexcusable and no different from when BoB was calling plays in past seasons.

Depending on how Big Ben looks this week, might just bench Watson vs the Ravens.  Campbell is gonna eat that line up for breakfast and I don't see Fuller and company having success against Peters/Humphries/Smith.

Watson @ Steelers is also another scary thought with their pass rush/defense.