NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop behaving like a 16yo, even if you are. This is a forum mostly populated by adults, so let's have an adult discussion. Points are not "won" by posting a link. Maybe you have a point, m

Posted Images

Watson is in trouble this yr. He doesn’t rush enough to compensate for a lack of passing production (only 400 rushing yards last season). Not sure why so many people were taking this guy so high. Even with Hopkins he had meddling passing stats. Only thing that will keep him serviceable in fantasy is the occasional rushing TD when they’re close to the end zone 

29 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He had 4 less points than Mahomes last night.

He outscored Mahomes by .38 my leagues

Whole lot of freak out over nothing imo. KC defense was hot, the HOU offense still has to gel a bit. They looked like crap but still got the garbage fantasy points on the board. I don't own him but if I did I wouldn't really be worried at all.

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He outscored Mahomes by .38 my leagues

Whole lot of freak out over nothing imo. KC defense was hot, the HOU offense still has to gel a bit. They looked like crap but still got the garbage fantasy points on the board. I don't own him but if I did I would really be worried at all.

Not worried about him over the course of the season, but it might be worth seeing if there is a streamer out there for the next couple of weeks. Baltimore at home and Pittsburgh on the road are tough assignments. After watching the Texan defense last night, I do expect Lamar and Ben to throw points up on the scoreboard against Houston, so that should keep Watson's arm active. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He had 4 less points than Mahomes last night.

Yes but they did it in very different ways, didn't they?  Watson got all of his in garbage time.  Can't count on two 4th quarter TDs every game.  I'd feel way more confident in the guy scoring when the defense isn't in prevent mode.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

And how many Saints games have been out of hand, leading to Brees having to put up garbage time stats?? Considering the Saints are 37-11 over the last three years, I’d say not often. 

NEW DREW BREES bro. 

New part means it no longer applies to Brees. 

There was a stretch of several years the saints were 7-9 every year and drew Brees was a consistent 5000 yard and 30 TD QB at the top of the fantasy QB game and he was doing a ton of that damage in garbage time. 

Do you need me to pull stats for you?

Since saints became more run heavy drew Brees fantasy appeal has decreased yet the team has had more collective success. 

Do you disagree with anything I've said? Because modern drew Brees is clearly not what I was referring to when I said king of garbage time. 

Try less hard to fight me next time. I wasted 3 minutes replying to something that should be obvious to anyone that didn't just start playing FF in 2019.

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Can y’all chill with the overreactions for 5 minutes plz 

Thank You.

Watson: 20/32 253 2TDs 1Int, 27 rushing

Mahomes: 24/32 211 3TDs

In the same attempts, Watson had more yards....

Of Watson's 12 incompletes, how many were drops?

- Stills dropped both his targets (2)

- Cooks had at least 1

- Carter dropped one late over the middle

- Fuller dropped the first pass of the game

- Duke or David Johnson had one

**off the top of my head

Garbage Time or not, Watson salvaged the night, and for that I am grateful.

Not worried at all, nor should you.

PANIC is not warranted.

[Frank Clark is really, really good at Football]

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

That was some bigtime garbage points this bum put up. This is what a hack looks like without a top 3 WR to throw to.

Weren’t you in this thread all of last season talking him down while he was balling out? 

9 minutes ago, Spina said:

Thank You.

Watson: 20/32 253 2TDs 1Int, 27 rushing

Mahomes: 24/32 211 3TDs

In the same attempts, Watson had more yards....

Of Watson's 12 incompletes, how many were drops?

- Stills dropped both his targets (2)

- Cooks had at least 1

- Carter dropped one late over the middle

- Fuller dropped the first pass of the game

- Duke or David Johnson had one

**off the top of my head

Garbage Time or not, Watson salvaged the night, and for that I am grateful.

Not worried at all, nor should you.

PANIC is not warranted.

[Frank Clark is really, really good at Football]

Chris Jones absolutely abused their O-Line all night - pass rush was legit.

• Like 1
Just now, kp96 said:

1.  It is too early to write of Deshaun Watson

2.  Our first look at a Hopkins-less offense was not encouraging.

Of course it's too early to write him off. His running and ability to score on the ground will always keep him in the top 6.

He did look pretty mediocre last night. Just watch the tape 2nd and 3rd quarters. Maybe bad play calling or he has tunnel vision. 

Having said that he looks like a top 5 fantasy QB just due to ineptitude (as we saw last year with Winston, ineptitude does go far in fantasy) 

And if this is just like last year's Winston, all the talent around him will have significant ups and downs.

Edited by screaming_vultures

The man had 22 pts ! seriously what's all the ruckus about. I would hate to see how ya'll react if he had dropped like 10 or something.

On a night where he had everything going against him and he still performed half way decent.

Opening night against the reigning SB champs, No Hopkins, KC pass rush in his face, Sub par O-Line play, & some head scratching play calls by Billy O'Brien ...

Top 5 QB rest of the season, send it don't spend it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride fellas.

There will be plenty of 30-40 burgers soon enough. Just wait until he connects on some big bombs to Fuller or Cooks 

• Like 2

If yall get nervous game watching then Watson aint the guy you wanna game watch.

Just check in once the game is complete and over and enjoy his weekly 20+.

I wish there was a way to see how many of his overall fantasy points came in the 4th quarter vs Q1-3 last year, because I bet it would be really close.

Also, if you're playing against him, know that your lead is not safe until the clock has all 0s.  This dude is the 4th Q Fantasy King.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If yall get nervous game watching then Watson aint the guy you wanna game watch.

Just check in once the game is complete and over and enjoy his weekly 20+.

I wish there was a way to see how many of his overall fantasy points came in the 4th quarter vs Q1-3 last year, because I bet it would be really close.

Also, if you're playing against him, know that your lead is not safe until the clock has all 0s.  This dude is the 4th Q Fantasy King.  

Exactly, if you ever owned Watson or seen the Texans play. They always always start off slow first half, then go ham in the 2nd. 

Like clockwork.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Exactly, if you ever owned Watson or seen the Texans play. They always always start off slow first half, then go ham in the 2nd. 

Like clockwork.

they led the eventual SB Champs 21-0 after the first qtr in last season's playoffs (up 24-0 early 2nd qtr) in K.C.

5140K5KZF3L.jpg

🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they led the eventual SB Champs 21-0 after the first qtr in last season's playoffs (up 24-0 early 2nd qtr) in K.C.

Mhmm bizarre game indeed, maybe they were better of starting 0-21 . Instead of swallowing the biggest choke burger known to mankind. 

• Haha 1
On 9/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

NEW DREW BREES bro. 

New part means it no longer applies to Brees. 

There was a stretch of several years the saints were 7-9 every year and drew Brees was a consistent 5000 yard and 30 TD QB at the top of the fantasy QB game and he was doing a ton of that damage in garbage time. 

Do you need me to pull stats for you?

Since saints became more run heavy drew Brees fantasy appeal has decreased yet the team has had more collective success. 

Do you disagree with anything I've said? Because modern drew Brees is clearly not what I was referring to when I said king of garbage time. 

Try less hard to fight me next time. I wasted 3 minutes replying to something that should be obvious to anyone that didn't just start playing FF in 2019.

Lol. Thanks for reminding me why I don't quote you or talk much to you. It's like you make the effort to be as big a tool as possible rather than just respectfully discussion something or explaining the point you were trying to make. 

But to your point, you picked out a three-year period of Brees' long career to make him getting garbage-time stats a thing for him...so much so that you labeled Watson the new Drew Brees? Congrats. Lol. 

You can respond how you'd like and have the last word...I'm not going to waste more time on you or do anything more to derail the thread. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Haha 1
On 9/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, RunCMC said:

Mhmm bizarre game indeed, maybe they were better of starting 0-21 . Instead of swallowing the biggest choke burger known to mankind. 

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons defense to RunCMC..."Hold my beer." :D 

• Haha 1