NBC Sports Edge Forums

15 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Alrighty so lets recap what's happened since this post: Renaissance cancelled

• Dalton Schultz returns to waiver wire fodder as Dak is injured
  • Tyler Eifert might have retired or gone on IR.  I have no idea, but i don't think he has a TD since that one mentioned
  • Tyler Higbee goes MIA
  • Jonnu Smith stays hot for a couple weeks then fades. 
  • Gesicki breaks my heart and disappears
  • Kittle gets hurt.  Jordan Reed did too, of course, and caught one pass in a pass heavy game with Kittle out.  
  • Andrews becomes Kyle Rudolph level TD or bust
  • Ertz and Goedert both get hurt and take turns busting when they play
  • You can never pick the right Colts TE to start of three
  • Hurst........hell i can't even remember how's he been since i dropped him around week 4
  • Gronk- the one guy i called a bust, actually became useful.  

Kelce stands alone...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im sick of trying to pick a TE myself. Heres my strategy this year  

Geiski, Hurst, Fant.

+ 1  A lot of these Tight Ends are making that sophomore/junior leap. This is the absolute best season to wait on the position.  Yeah but I’m sure you were solid in your other positions

Dude might set a record for most point differential between TE 1 and 2 at this point.  

One idea I have is to maybe see if I can pry away Andrews from a disgruntled owner..........but I'm doubtful that'll work, simply bc the guys that own them in my leagues are tough dance partners.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Dude might set a record for most point differential between TE 1 and 2 at this point.  

One idea I have is to maybe see if I can pry away Andrews from a disgruntled owner..........but I'm doubtful that'll work, simply bc the guys that own them in my leagues are tough dance partners.  

i own kelce and have rejected some pretty aggressive trade offers for him.  the differential at the position is just too much to give up....

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Traded an injured Kittle and Hunter Henry for Kelce in dynasty. League said overpaid, but I have no regrets. There's Kelce and then a complete wasteland. 

I would like to disagree with League, whomever he is.  Kittle always struggles to stay on the field, and are you really gonna miss Hunter Henry?   You've got a hall of famer still in his prime with an elite supporting cast.   You build titles around dudes like that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I would like to disagree with League, whomever he is.  Kittle always struggles to stay on the field, and are you really gonna miss Hunter Henry?   You've got a hall of famer still in his prime with an elite supporting cast.   You build titles around dudes like that.  

I think it is more even than it looks IMO in dynasty when you consider Kelce is 4 years older.  Not saying it wasn’t a good trade, just that there are two sides to the coin when building a long term fantasy team.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

So what's the game plan ROS for everyone?   I'm honestly right now only seeing Waller and Kelce as strong starts, and I'll label Hockenson as the third best option, he's been fairly high floor in relative terms.   

My top two teams are TE have-nots.  One has an Ertz/Goedert/Gesicki combo.  I hope Hockenson's owner fades a bit and i can trade a draft pick and snag him I guess?   The other is a Goedert/Gronk combo, and I'll just try to throw whatever I've got against the wall come playoffs if those guys don't instill confidence

I would stick to guys like Hurst, Henry, Engram, Hooper etc who dominate snap counts and get good amount of targets. I cant imagine people are having much success streaming TEs. You're much trying to strike gold on a weekly basis. You're not chasing upside with TEs you're chasing floor. I think rostering 2 TEs is smart move too.

Unless Kittle can get some of Gronk's old robot parts his unavailability is his worst ability.

As noted before, Gronk was a free WW addition that has paid off, just not this week with Brady forgetting how to play football and WR AB distracting everyone.

Gronk should get back going and at least gets his projections. If AB sticks, Evans moves to the slot much more, which is a win-win for AB and Evans owners.

Best solution for the TE issue is to get your league to eliminate the position except for a flex option and add another skill player option.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:

I think it is more even than it looks IMO in dynasty when you consider Kelce is 4 years older.  Not saying it wasn’t a good trade, just that there are two sides to the coin when building a long term fantasy team.  

For sure, I think it was reasonably even, maybe even a slight overpay. My point is that I'm happy to overpay for Kelce as opposed to trying to rely on any other TEs.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, jeffnsee said:

TE is great this year. I'm rostering 3 TEs in a standard 12-team league. TEs can be solid flexes, especially with all the injuries this season

Agree

Coming into the year it was Kelce, Kittle and Waller. Everything else was a crap shoot even Andrews was a crap shoot. The guy that took Kelce either planned it or he fell in his lap. Either way it was a solid pick which is always league size and other variable dependent. The guy who took Kittle probably values TE’s high and freaked out he or she couldn’t get Kelce. So they settled for Kittle. Other people were drafting Metcalf. Then you have the guy how took the 3rd guy off the board in Waller probably reached because he saw Kittle go. The rest are subjective. 
- bottoms up 😎☝️🍹cheers

Edited by Bugs bunny
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Coming into the year it was Kelce, Kittle and Waller. Everything else was a crap shoot even Andrews was a crap shoot. The guy that took Kelce either planned it or he fell in his lap. Either way it was a solid pick which is always league size and other variable dependent. The guy who took Kittle probably values TE’s high and freaked out he or she couldn’t get Kelce. So they settled for Kittle. Other people were drafting Metcalf. Then you have the guy how took the 3rd guy off the board in Waller probably reached because he saw Kittle go. The rest are subjective. 
- bottoms up 😎☝️🍹cheers

Besides Metcalf's parents league there were no leagues where Kelce and Metcalf were drafted in the same round.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Besides Metcalf's parents league there were no leagues where Kelce and Metcalf were drafted in the same round.

He was referring to Kittle but the point stands anyway. I think Ertz was a massive bust for his ADP too, no shares so unsure what even happened before he got hurt.

• Thanks 1