NBC Sports Edge Forums

Noah Fant 2020 Outlook

Not a bad rookie season, and he had some nice flashes. It would be reasonable to expect a nice jump forward in his sophomore season. Caught 40 passes on 65 targets and scored 3 TD. What are the expectations for him in 2020, assuming Locke is going to be the QB? It does seems that there will be a battle for targets with Sutton, Hamilton, and Gordon. 

Thoughts on his 2020 season? What round will you be targeting him in. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kelce owners should be banned from posting in all TE threads IMO

League-leading 100% target share this week ... Fant's outlook is trending up!

Hell yes.The TE landscape is dark and full of terrors.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Not a bad rookie season, and he had some nice flashes. It would be reasonable to expect a nice jump forward in his sophomore season. Caught 40 passes on 65 targets and scored 3 TD. What are the expectations for him in 2020, assuming Locke is going to be the QB? It does seems that there will be a battle for targets with Sutton, Hamilton, and Gordon. 

Thoughts on his 2020 season? What round will you be targeting him in. 

Fant- I really like Fant he is the defacto #2 option, big play potential and targeted in the redzone a lot. Hopefully Lock takes a huge step forward in 2020. Depending on the draft of Denver,  I will targeting him in all drafts. 

• Like 1

I don't think he's someone you should go out of your way to target in a standard sized league, but maybe a good dart throw towards the end of the draft.

Expecting Denver to take a WR at 15.  Game plan-wise the defense should be good enough with Von, Chubb and now Casey to be able to keep them in close games and run the football quite a bit to take the pressure off Lock.

9 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't think he's someone you should go out of your way to target in a standard sized league, but maybe a good dart throw towards the end of the draft.

Expecting Denver to take a WR at 15.  Game plan-wise the defense should be good enough with Von, Chubb and now Casey to be able to keep them in close games and run the football quite a bit to take the pressure off Lock.

Depends who's going to be the starting QB for them. I was reading some articles speculating Winston to Denver

Think they are sticking with Lock?

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Depends who's going to be the starting QB for them. I was reading some articles speculating Winston to Denver

Yes. Winston to ANYWHERE as a starter is, dare I say it, fake news

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Yes. Winston to ANYWHERE as a starter is, dare I say it, fake news

You dont think he'd be picked up? Might not be clear cut starter though

If im a fan of any other team i wouldnt want him either. Maybe chicago just so the offense is somewhat fun to watch.

Just now, bhawks489 said:

I do.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Lock finished the season really well.

I was a skeptic, but I am buying in after the last five games.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Lock finished the season really well.

I was a skeptic, but I am buying in after the last five games.

Lock could be this season's 2nd year break out that seems to happen every season now. He has a ton of weapons. An OC in pat shurmur who I believe is very underrated. Say what you want about him but he made old busted Eli Manning have decent stats with no weapons besides saquon then he took a rookie Danny Jones and had him rolling with few weapons and a hurt saquon for most of the season and before that he made people think case Keemun could be a starter in the NFL. My main fear about lock is that his HC is a defensive genius and will absolutely have that defense playing great this could lead to less points needed from the offense.  

Edited by Stonej14
29 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Lock could be this season's 2nd year break out that seems to happen every season now. He has a ton of weapons. An OC in pat shurmur who I believe is very underrated. Say what you want about him but he made old busted Eli Manning have decent stats with no weapons besides saquon then he took a rookie Danny Jones and had him rolling with few weapons and a hurt saquon for most of the season and before that he made people think case Keemun could be a starter in the NFL. My main fear about lock is that his HC is a defensive genius and will absolutely have that defense playing great this could lead to less points needed from the offense.  

Maybe - I don’t know if I’d be fearful of that, though.  Losing Harris is a blow.  Outside of Miller, Chubb, and Simmons, they don’t have much in the way of impact defenders.  I thought Fangio would’ve coached a better defense last season.

I agree with you on Shurmur and Lock’s development.  The Denver offensive players may be somewhat of a steal in drafts this season.

43 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Casey was a tremendous signing for the defense.  Total homer call but I dare say they've got three all pros rushing the QB now.

My biggest concern for the passing game isn't the coaching but the offensive tackles.  Bolles was a disaster.  You combine that with an improved defense, good interior rush blocking with Risner and MGIII now this definitely looks to me like a team that wants to play old man football.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Maybe - I don’t know if I’d be fearful of that, though.  Losing Harris is a blow.  Outside of Miller, Chubb, and Simmons, they don’t have much in the way of impact defenders.  I thought Fangio would’ve coached a better defense last season.

I agree with you on Shurmur and Lock’s development.  The Denver offensive players may be somewhat of a steal in drafts this season.

I would be completely Satisfied if I ended a draft with Sutton, fant and lock at the right prices. I think with the addition of Gordon, fant will lose a few short yardage passes (not all just some) and act as a slot wr And eat up mid range and deep middle passes.

• Like 1
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have a league mate that called Can't a top 4 TE this season

So I guess he is saying

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Andrews

4. Fant?

What about Hooper? Ertz? Engram? Goedert? 

Assuming you meant “Fant,” that’s ridiculously high.  And I’m high on him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have a league mate that called Can't a top 4 TE this season

So I guess he is saying

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Andrews

4. Fant?

Errz should be the number 3. He gets to many targets and is the best option on the team. Andrews as the 4 imo he has only done it one year and as much as I love Lamarvelous Jackson I don’t think he will throw 30 more TDs this year and marquise brown has another year of improving and will siphon some touches which will hurt Andrews a little.

I would rank hooper and Hunter henry in front of fant as of now.

18 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Errz should be the number 3. He gets to many targets and is the best option on the team. Andrews as the 4 imo he has only done it one year and as much as I love Lamarvelous Jackson I don’t think he will throw 30 more TDs this year and marquise brown has another year of improving and will siphon some touches which will hurt Andrews a little.

I would rank hooper and Hunter henry in front of fant as of now.

With Hurst now in Atlanta, I believe that opens up more targets for Andrews. I believe we could see him plant himself in the top 3 this season. And Ertz has Goedert who is going to push more targets after getting 87 last year. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have a league mate that called Fant a top 4 TE this season

So I guess he is saying

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Andrews

4. Fant?

Fant at 4 is higher than I’d want to go. I wouldn’t have Hooper that high, either. I question if he’ll be as effective in Cleveland as he was in Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So I guess he is saying

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Andrews

4. Fant?

That's crazy town.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

he must live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal.

or iowa

22 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Outlook:   Sunny 🌞 

i had noah fant pegged as the weak link of the iowa TE duo last august, and i was sure of this stance when hockenson went 6/131/1 week one. but as much as i wanted to doubt fant into the season, he kept coming up strong (better than his game logs reveal; tapes are worth watching). while i’m not ready to sell the farm for fant, i would take him for a value pick if his ADP doesn’t climb. he’s at TE9-12 in my notebook and could have some exceptional games against weaker linebackers (lv raiders!).

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

he must live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal.

or iowa

i had noah fant pegged as the weak link of the iowa TE duo last august, and i was sure of this stance when hockenson went 6/131/1 week one. but as much as i wanted to doubt fant into the season, he kept coming up strong (better than his game logs reveal; tapes are worth watching). while i’m not ready to sell the farm for fant, i would take him for a value pick if his ADP doesn’t climb. he’s at TE9-12 in my notebook and could have some exceptional games against weaker linebackers (lv raiders!).

Well, the Raiders just signed the best cover LB in the league, so...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

great point!

too bad fant only plays against the broncos D in practice. josey jewell was a pushover last season.

giphy.gif

Yes he was - not a good coverage LB.