NBC Sports Edge Forums

Noah Fant 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Has anyone ever checked into whether "Noah Fant" even exists? He seems more like Bigfoot than an actual person at this point. This has been unreal.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHhM6ONRmzAYiGEVYM1Ps

I get your disappointment, but he was drafted around TE15, and he's now TE18. So...

Still a hold in Dynasty but then they need to do a lot of things a lot better in Denver.

• Like 1
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kelce owners should be banned from posting in all TE threads IMO

League-leading 100% target share this week ... Fant's outlook is trending up!

Hell yes.The TE landscape is dark and full of terrors.

Posted Images

Think I'm rolling this bum out there over some dude named Irv Smith, Goedert and Kmet. Bills apparently suck something fierce vs TE's. Hopefully he can stop blowing chunks this week (literally and figuratively) and get like 40-60 yards with a decent chance at an elusive TD. 

Bills fan here.. The Bills #'s are pretty bad against TE's this year on the surface, but a lot of that is a result of Matt Milano missing 6 games. While relatively unknown to casual fans, Milano is one of the premiere coverage LB's in all of football, and has been since he was drafted out of BC (as seen by the Bills shutting down TE's every year leading up to this year). Of the stats below, he didn't play in Week 2, 5, & 6, and left early in Week 4, which represents their worst showings against TE's all year. He also went on IR from Weeks 9-12.

@Mia
LAR
@LV
@Ten
KC

They've been limiting his snaps to around 50% in the 2 game since he returned off IR, and AJ Klein has been playing well in his stead (particular in Run D), but could see that rising a bit more to get him up to speed for the playoffs. I'm sitting him for Irv Smith this week and feel very confident about it, Irv is fully healthy now in a strong matchup. 

Edited by Olliemets
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Bills fan here.. The Bills #'s are pretty bad against TE's this year on the surface, but a lot of that is a result of Matt Milano missing 6 games. While relatively unknown to casual fans, Milano is one of the premiere coverage LB's in all of football, and has been since he was drafted out of BC (as seen by the Bills shutting down TE's every year leading up to this year). Of the stats below, he didn't play in Week 2, 5, & 6, and left early in Week 4, which represents their worst showings against TE's all year. He also went on IR from Weeks 9-12.

@Mia
LAR
@LV
@Ten
KC

They've been limiting his snaps to around 50% in the 2 game since he returned off IR, and AJ Klein has been playing well in his stead (particular in Run D), but could see that rising a bit more to get him up to speed for the playoffs. I'm sitting him for Irv Smith this week and feel very confident about it, Irv is fully healthy now in a strong matchup. 

Well dammit, I dropped Smith for Fant. To me, Smith is like the 4th option in that offense. Now I have to think about it some more. So much time and deliberation, and stress for a position that will prob get me 4 points either way I decide to go.

Edited by noles1983
8 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Well dammit, I dropped Smith for Fant. To me, Smith is like the 4th option in that offense. Now I have to think about it some more. So much time and deliberation, and stress for a position that will prob get me 4 points either way I decide to go.

These are my 2 guys. I was set on Fant but now I'll probably go back & forth 25 times until tomorrow. Thanks Bills homer! (just kidding, good insight)

• Thanks 1

The fact it's a Saturday game is pushing me to shy away too. I know it's flawed logic, but I hate playing these mediocre/sketchy options in early games because then there's a high likelihood of staring at a crappy score longer. 

• Haha 4

[...] I liked what he said in the below article. He still wanted to play but they took him out of the game last week due to COVID precaution. He also said "I’ve been yearning and striving for a big game, and I feel like that could’ve been the one.". Sounds motivated. I like it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/noah-fant-mystery-illness-week-14-panthers

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, USWAY said:

[...] I liked what he said in the below article. He still wanted to play but they took him out of the game last week due to COVID precaution. He also said "I’ve been yearning and striving for a big game, and I feel like that could’ve been the one.". Sounds motivated. I like it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/noah-fant-mystery-illness-week-14-panthers

I have Kmet, Smith, and Fant and I’m rolling out Fant. Going with the “due theory”, and figure he has the most upside as the potential #1/#2 option in this offense. Buffalo has also given up the most receptions and 2nd most receiving yards to TEs this year. Giddy up!

On 12/18/2020 at 2:10 PM, Olliemets said:

Bills fan here.. The Bills #'s are pretty bad against TE's this year on the surface, but a lot of that is a result of Matt Milano missing 6 games. While relatively unknown to casual fans, Milano is one of the premiere coverage LB's in all of football, and has been since he was drafted out of BC (as seen by the Bills shutting down TE's every year leading up to this year).

It's a great sign that Fant beat Milano despite significant holding ignored by the ref.

Another great sign:  that the Broncos schemed for Fant in this situation.

Edited by Nap Time

Nice game finally but what happened to him in the 2nd half? I had game on in background hanging out with friends so wasn’t able to pay close attention. Seemed like he did all his damage first half and was on his way to a monster game with them trailing by so much. 

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Nice game finally but what happened to him in the 2nd half? I had game on in background hanging out with friends so wasn’t able to pay close attention. Seemed like he did all his damage first half and was on his way to a monster game with them trailing by so much. 

From what I recall it was mostly three and outs, a fumble six, and one touchdown drive in the 2nd half. Lock looked terrible out there. Luckily he kept dumping it off to Fant, but Fant should have easily had 2-3 more receptions had Lock made better throws.

Edited by Colonel Forbin
17 hours ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Would be great if this dude just goes off Sunday. 

He finally had the week we all been saying he's due for , for an entire season lol. I'll be SHOCKED if he can follow it up with another

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
38 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

He finally had the week we all been saying he's due for , for an entire season lol. I'll be SHOCKED if he can follow it up with another

Pretty much. He’s going to bust hard this week. Only 1-2 of these sketchy TEs blow up each week and Irv already did it 

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Pretty much. He’s going to bust hard this week. Only 1-2 of these sketchy TEs blow up each week and Irv already did it 

Is it just me, or have TEs been more productive overall the last few weeks? I feel like I’ve been seeing more 15 and 20 point games in general.