Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Andrews 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

I really like Mark Andrews in 2020. Hurst is gone to Atlanta, freeing up 39 targets, and I expect Andrews’ 98 targets to increase. He was inconsistent at times, but he still finished 4th in my half-PPR league, only 4.8 points behind 2nd. 

Thoughts on him this season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were you saying?

Would not surprise me he will be in the same tier as Kittle and Kelce soon

Yeah he should be great. Baltimore has really made no changes on offense besides Hurst leaving opening up even more targets. One could argue (like kelce) that he is the #1 option on this team. Plus his name isn't that big he could fall compared to the big 3.  Could see a 75/900/8-10 td season

1. Kelce (Round 1 at least top 15 in full ppr)

2. Kittle (End of Round 2)

3. Ertz (Draft/alshon health could push him to 3/4 turn)

4. Andrews. (3/4 turn possibly 5th)

Edited by nmartinez12443
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah he should be great. Baltimore has really made no changes on offense besides Hurst leaving opening up even more targets. One could argue (like kelce) that he is the #1 option on this team. Plus his name isn't that big he could fall compared to the big 3.  Could see a 75/900/8-10 td season

1. Kelce (Round 1 at least top 15 in full ppr)

2. Kittle (End of Round 2)

3. Ertz (Draft/alshon health could push him to 3/4 turn)

4. Andrews. (3/4 turn possibly 5th)

 

Gonna be a stud this year. Hurst gone vacates additional targets and shows the teams commitment to Andrews which should mean an increase in snaps. Ravens haven't added any receiving threats in FA and if they add a rookie it shouldn't have much of an impact on Andrews. Currently have him ranked as my #4 TE but wouldn't be surprised at all to see him finish top 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I really like Mark Andrews in 2020. Hurst is gone to Atlanta, freeing up 39 targets, and I expect Andrews’ 98 targets to increase. He was inconsistent at times, but he still finished 4th in my half-PPR league, only 4.8 points behind 2nd. 

Thoughts on him this season?

Agreed, I have him as #5 TE but could see him as a top 3 option  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

I wish he was a workhorse TE like the big 3. His draft price is probably going to be too high for my liking.

If he were, his draft price would be even higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Evincar said:

I wish he was a workhorse TE like the big 3. His draft price is probably going to be too high for my liking.


This might be the year he becomes that. He’ll be 24 in Sept, so he’s still very young. Last year was his first in a featured role, and few TEs jump to elite star status in their 2nd year. But he might do it in his 3rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I was one of the first ppl to have this guy on the radar last season and it pains me to say I doubt he takes the jump to elite status this year.
Lamar Jackson will not throw 36 TDs again this Year and his rookie WRs he had this year will only improve. Defenses will focus more on Andrews and I’d say Most of Hayden hursts 30 catches are more likely to be thrown to nick Boyle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I think I was one of the first ppl to have this guy on the radar last season and it pains me to say I doubt he takes the jump to elite status this year.
Lamar Jackson will not throw 36 TDs again this Year and his rookie WRs he had this year will only improve. Defenses will focus more on Andrews and I’d say Most of Hayden hursts 30 catches are more likely to be thrown to nick Boyle. 

 

Even if Lamar throws ten less TD's Andrews could still feasibly jump top 3 or at least top for (he was 5 last year). He's the focal point of their passing attack. The only other viable option is Hollywood who is the field stretcher. Hurst is gone, which only means he'll be on the field more and that's an additional, and there's 40 vacated TE targets. He'll crack the 100 target mark at a minimum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

 

Even if Lamar throws ten less TD's Andrews could still feasibly jump top 3 or at least top for (he was 5 last year). He's the focal point of their passing attack. The only other viable option is Hollywood who is the field stretcher. Hurst is gone, which only means he'll be on the field more and that's an additional, and there's 40 vacated TE targets. He'll crack the 100 target mark at a minimum.


You could be right but he would absolutely have to get a significantly higher amount of targets. Andrews was a touchdown monster last year he didn’t rack up an exceptional amount of yards like kittle or kelce and he didn’t catch a remarkable amount of balls like ertz or Waller. Andrews has to get twice as many TDs to finish behind those guys. Andrews has 10 TDs and the last time a TE has back to back double digit TD seasons was gronk in 2014-2015 before him it was jimmy graham with the saints so it’s an incredibly hard feat to accomplish. If Jackson only throws 26 TDs the odds are Andrews isn’t getting 10 of them again or even 9 or 8.
 

So if Andrews only gets the 6 or 7 TDs he will absolutely need to get more than the 95 targets he had last year and more than the 800 yards. He would need 95 catches for 1100 yards to become an elite TE. So we would be counting on this guy to put up George kittle numbers just because a back up tightend left?
 

I also believe that marquise brown is more than just a field stretcher and miles Boykin will develop into a decent wr2 for the ravens and will get easy targets because defenses will focus on Andrews.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:


You could be right but he would absolutely have to get a significantly higher amount of targets. Andrews was a touchdown monster last year he didn’t rack up an exceptional amount of yards like kittle or kelce and he didn’t catch a remarkable amount of balls like ertz or Waller. Andrews has to get twice as many TDs to finish behind those guys. Andrews has 10 TDs and the last time a TE has back to back double digit TD seasons was gronk in 2014-2015 before him it was jimmy graham with the saints so it’s an incredibly hard feat to accomplish. If Jackson only throws 26 TDs the odds are Andrews isn’t getting 10 of them again or even 9 or 8.
 

So if Andrews only gets the 6 or 7 TDs he will absolutely need to get more than the 95 targets he had last year and more than the 800 yards. He would need 95 catches for 1100 yards to become an elite TE. So we would be counting on this guy to put up George kittle numbers just because a back up tightend left?
 

I also believe that marquise brown is more than just a field stretcher and miles Boykin will develop into a decent wr2 for the ravens and will get easy targets because defenses will focus on Andrews.

 

Even if Hollywood is more than a field stretcher, he will never be a possession guy at 5'9 170 and will never be a red zone focal point. Andrews is both of those for the Ravens. Trading Hurst is a huge tell that they want Andrews on the field more and he will soak up many of those vacated targets. After increasing his targets by 50% from year 1 to year 2, and the Ravens dealing Hurst, it is certainly in the realm of possibilities that Andrews jumps into the elite tier in terms of TE targets.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

 

Even if Hollywood is more than a field stretcher, he will never be a possession guy at 5'9 170 and will never be a red zone focal point. Andrews is both of those for the Ravens. Trading Hurst is a huge tell that they want Andrews on the field more and he will soak up many of those vacated targets. After increasing his targets by 50% from year 1 to year 2, and the Ravens dealing Hurst, it is certainly in the realm of possibilities that Andrews jumps into the elite tier in terms of TE targets.

 

yea I agree it’s in the realm of possibilities. Mark Andrews is awesome maybe he becomes the TE1 but I believe he is much more likely to stay in the TE4-8 range 

Hollywood might not ever be a red zone focal point but absolutely could become t.y. Hilton or desean Jackson type guy. Someone who gets 110-120 targets a year which in a offense that throws less than anyone else in football will limit the amount of targets Andrews gets which keeps him More reliant on TDs.
I mean what if Hollywood brown targets increase 50% from year 1 to year 2. That would only be 120 targets and remember he missed a lot of time with an injury so he could be well on his way to 130-140 targets tyreke hill only had 137 targets last season when he was the wr1 (5’10 185 lbs.) but they were much much higher quality targets and he is one of a kind. 

The ravens really like Boykin he’s a huge man 6’5” with a 40 inch vertical. That’s a red zone threat. 

Dealing hurst could be huge and maybe he will soak up all those targets but with all the 3 tight end sets the ravens run I just think they’ll get another one and keep doing the same thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

 

yea I agree it’s in the realm of possibilities. Mark Andrews is awesome maybe he becomes the TE1 but I believe he is much more likely to stay in the TE4-8 range 

Hollywood might not ever be a red zone focal point but absolutely could become t.y. Hilton or desean Jackson type guy. Someone who gets 110-120 targets a year which in a offense that throws less than anyone else in football will limit the amount of targets Andrews gets which keeps him More reliant on TDs.
I mean what if Hollywood brown targets increase 50% from year 1 to year 2. That would only be 120 targets and remember he missed a lot of time with an injury so he could be well on his way to 130-140 targets tyreke hill only had 137 targets last season when he was the wr1 (5’10 185 lbs.) but they were much much higher quality targets and he is one of a kind. 

The ravens really like Boykin he’s a huge man 6’5” with a 40 inch vertical. That’s a red zone threat. 

Dealing hurst could be huge and maybe he will soak up all those targets but with all the 3 tight end sets the ravens run I just think they’ll get another one and keep doing the same thing. 

 

Tyreek and Hilton are almost 20 pounds heavier than Hollywood. He'll never be Tyreek, and Hilton is a more complete receiver. DeSean is the closest comp and he was never a big TD guy. I like Hollywood but I think him and Andrews can coexist in this offense and he just doesn't do what Andrews does well--and is a major injury concern (has basically dealt with injuries his entire career). If he were to go down for an extended period of time you could easily see Andrews jump into the 125+ target range of elite TE's. I like Boykin, he's a freak athlete but a raw WR and had a late breakout age which usually doesn't bode well. He's not a factor yet as far as how he affects Andrews' value.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

 

Tyreek and Hilton are almost 20 pounds heavier than Hollywood. He'll never be Tyreek, and Hilton is a more complete receiver. DeSean is the closest comp and he was never a big TD guy. I like Hollywood but I think him and Andrews can coexist in this offense and he just doesn't do what Andrews does well--and is a major injury concern (has basically dealt with injuries his entire career). If he were to go down for an extended period of time you could easily see Andrews jump into the 125+ target range of elite TE's. I like Boykin, he's a freak athlete but a raw WR and had a late breakout age which usually doesn't bode well. He's not a factor yet as far as how he affects Andrews' value.


I don’t think Hollywood will be a big TD factor I think he will be more of a target factor. 
Hollywood is 13 pounds lighter than Hilton which I think is irrelevant. What I think is more important is he has blinding speed like Hollywood. And if brown is used in a similar way as DJax or Hilton he will absorb 100-120 targets.

The ravens only passed 424 times last year and Andrews led the team with 98 targets and brown was behind him with 71. If brown is used like djax and gets just 100 targets he will most certainly put a cap on Andrews target potential meaning Andrews will need to get more TDs or yards to take a tier jump. Since no TE has repeated double digit TD numbers in back to back seasons since gronk I don’t think Andrews will be the one to break that drought. That stat and my belief Lamar Jackson will not throw for 30+ TDs again this year the odds of Andrews getting 10tds again is low.
 

As far as I kno marquise brown was injured in  his second to last game in college and once this year which he played thru but was clearly not 100%. What other injuries has he had? I absolutely agree they can coexist too but will prevent one another from reaching full fantasy potential. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ravens TE Mark Andrews, who has Type 1 diabetes, indicated that he plans to play in 2020.

In 2008, Jay Cutler announced he had Type 1 diabetes and went on to post career highs in passing yards, passing touchdowns, and interceptions. 😎

Ah I see what you’re getting at.

At a minimum we should see Andrews post 1 yard passing, 1 passing TD, and 1 interception.

Edited by Gohawks
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great news. I feel so dumb not even realizing that he had diabetes until davis mattek mentioned it in a drafters bestball league I was doing with him. (It was by random variance i was in a league with him). Anyways it was the 19th round and i already had mark andrews and i suggested who is going to be my te 3? He suggested boyle incase mark andrews were to sit out the season that boyle would be fine in the 19th round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...