NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Andrews 2020 Outlook

13 hours ago, Trifecta said:

For good reason. That one handed TD snag was slick.

The people that faded him due to TD regression are going to regret it. Some dudes just catch TDs. His snap count and targets will both rise this year. Arrow pointing up.

that's not the only thing pointing up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were you saying?

Would not surprise me he will be in the same tier as Kittle and Kelce soon

1 minute ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

I regret passing on Andrews. He was a stud on limited snaps last year. Lamar has loved his TEs since his Louisville days. Could very well be the TE #3 this year. 

He may be overall TE1. He could seriously score 14-15 TD this year. Lamar and MANdrews are unconscious in the red zone together.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

He may be overall TE1. He could seriously score 14-15 TD this year. Lamar and MANdrews are unconscious in the red zone together.

Very well could be. He is a beast in the red zone but can make the downfield grabs as well. Hurst leaving could be what puts him over the top. I thought Boyle would take a lot of those snaps but if week 1 is any indication, Andrews will feast.

9 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

I regret passing on Andrews. He was a stud on limited snaps last year. Lamar has loved his TEs since his Louisville days. Could very well be the TE #3 this year. 

He was the TE3 last year, wasn’t he?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Is this guy really this good at football or is he just the a favorite target of a high octane offense? Seems like he always has 50 receiving yards and two TDs. 

fantasy points are fantasy points and he gets the redzone targets. Just has to be good enough in real life to catch those and so far he's done that. and as teams start to focus on limiting the run and trying to force the ravens to pass that only benefits andrews more

5 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

People seem to think he's a product of Lamar, but dude is a good player. Not a great blocker, much more similar to Travis Kelce than George Kittle.

Very similar situation to kelce.

Both on high powered offenses with great RBs and mobile QBs and plenty of targets to share with yet kelce is sure fire while Andrews with less competition, increased snap count, and RZ targets like kelce wasn't receiving similar love. Yes mahones and kelce are better but for fantasy purposes andrews is in a great situation. He was drafted where he should have been for most people 

Edited by Guwop
5 hours ago, rasrar said:

He played 38 snaps to Nick Boyle's 51 snaps this week.

What gives?

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but some input about the snap count disparity from W1 to W2 would be nice.

Is anyone concerned?

Ravens fan here. I wouldn't be concerned. The Texans went all out to stop Andrews on his routes, and obviously couldn't stop the run. Andrews will probably have a few games like this. Lamar was also under pressure on pretty much every snap, the o-line played awful.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Haha! My bad. I misread :D

Yeah, I'm speaking on the snap count disparity from Week 1 to Week 2.

Week 1:  Andrews- 42/59 snaps (71%)

Week 2:  Andrews 38/65 snaps (58%)

I think he could end up as the TE1 if he keeps his snap rate high, which is why I'm curious why it was so low in Week 2. Nick Boyle even out-snapped him. Any insight on why that may have been the case?